Dr. Mohammed Almubarak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 4th, 2013
Does not meet needs of patients
I have been diagnosed with I.T.P. (Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpora). When told I needed my wisdom teeth removed, I realized my platelet count needed to be at a safe level in order for surgery to be done. I let him know there has been a great deal of success when I have been treated with WinRho in the past in order to increase my platelet count. However, Dr. Almubarak refused to treat my "low blood count" because I didn't show any "dangerous symptoms." I did have petechia located around my ankles, and tests revealed a platelet count of under 40,000; however, I received no treatment. My platelet count must be at least twice as high as it was when visiting his office in order for me to safely receive surgery as I - as well as my oral surgeon - are worried about excessive bleeding. Am I supposed to ignore the excruciating pain I endure from my wisdom teeth pushing through my gums as well as overlook my dental arcade askew? Absolutely, impractical.

November 17th, 2011
An excellent hematologist and oncologist. Thoughtful and decisive. Honest and straightforward.