Internist
Video profile

|  Let him diagnose you but stand up for yourself  |  show details
by Melissa C on Apr 12th, 2013

He accurately diagnosed a weird thyroid disorder (both low and high). he accurately told me what was going on in layman's terms. I appreciate that. I gave the review dated November 2011. By July 2012, my opinion of him changed greatly. The bad part for me was the total removal of my thyroid (although very necessary). He advocates only synthetic T4 replacement. He only goes by your T4 and TSH blood levels to determine medication dosage. Your body must convert T4 to T3 to use it. I felt awful. I was suicidal, I couldn't think straight, I had over 40 low thyroid symptoms. He looked at my T4 and said I was fine, that I needed to find some other doctor to determine what was wrong with me. He did not have a clinical eye to assess my physical condition and determine that I was still severely low thyroid. My PCP in Carlsbad, NM took new blood levels. My T4 and TSH were fine. My T3, which is what the body uses, was almost non-existant. She said that the fact that he would not treat me and change my dosage "should be criminal". The took one look at me and could tell how bad I was. I also asked him about a T3 (Armour Thyroid) replacement instead of the levothroid (Synthroid) and he said no. He wouldn't even consider it since my T4 levels were great. Overall, had I continued with him at the wrong dosage, I would have committed suicide. I didn't realize how bad I felt and how disorganized my thinking was. I didn't realize how depressed it made me that I couldn't go through the day without sleeping. My house was a mess and I could barely muster through the rest of my day.

|  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

Was my first visit and it went well.I learned alot in a short period of time..He explained to me what my thyroid was doing and why..

|  Melissa  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

Very nice doctor who explained my condition very well. I have not had a follow up yet so I can't rate that portion. My first visit I got in very quickly, the second I did have to wait a little longer. Over all he is knowledgeable and I feel he is very capable.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

Other than the fact he's a little hard to understand because of the thick dialect, he's an awesome doctor. Very knowledgeable and thorough in his understanding of diabetes. I've seen him for over ten years and he's the one who convinced me to get on a pump. Best decision I ever made in the care of my diabetes. His staff is young but very friendly and I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to see him.