Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dec 19th, 2014

HE IS VERY UNDERSTANDING OVER US CUZ WE ARE DEAF....

|  Oblivious, Noncaring!  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2014

My mother was a patient of Dr. Iqbal. A breast cancer survivor, she went in April 2 years ago with strep throat. He gave her Zithromax. She came back a few weeks later, he diagnosed her with bronchitis and gave her more Zithromax. A few weeks later, she came back with my father. She could barely walk across the room because her breathing was so bad. He gave her.... you guessed it, more Zithromax. She didn't finish the Zithro and was so weak she had to go to ER, died eight days later from recurrence of metastasized breast cancer. Wait, there's more! My father KEPT seeing this dr. All we can think is that he was so miserable without my mother, he wanted to die. The good dr prescribed mountains of drugs for GERD and asthma. He lost over 30 pounds in 3 months and couldn't eat. I went with him on his last appointment. Dr. barely looked at him, poked around on his computer the whole time, prescribed more drugs, FINALLY took an xray and told him he had a collapsed lung. Hospital diagnosed him with stage 4 lung cancer, then mesothelioma a few weeks later. He died 1 1/2 months after seeing Iqbal. Don't go to this guy unless you're interested in dying!

|  Just what the Dr ordered  |  show details
by David Mansir on Jul 3rd, 2014

I came to Dr Iqbal's office after having yet another unpleasant experience from my former primary care physician. BlueShield referred me to Dr Iqbal and I couldn't be happier. I have and long and somewhat extensive medical history for which I have to see several specialists on a regular basis. Dr Iqbal listened to my medical history and needs. He promptly got authorizations for me to see my Drs even if they weren't in the same medical group. He also wrote prescriptions for the medicines that I need. In subsequent visits, Dr Iqbal has been professional, courteous, and pleasant to deal with. In this day and age of splintered medical care, I feel that Dr Iqbal is an advocate for me and my healthcare needs.

|  Excellent Doctor & Staff  |  show details
by Karen B on Mar 23rd, 2014

This is the most caring & understanding Pain Specialist that I've ever seen, his staff ALL of them, especially his Assistant PAC are all courteous & caring, he and his assistant really listen to what you have to say & what you are going through, would give him a higher grade but only allowed 4 they are better than 10 !

|  I'd give minus stars if I could, what a bad experience I had, am having  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2013

I had been going to Dr. Iqbal for years, I thought he was a good Dr. and a nice guy, until now. Unbelievable, dishonest, inept, uncaring, and more lies to cover up the mistakes, lies, etc. He's okay as long as you are healthy and you do not have pain or any kind of condition. I just can't believe the level of dishonesty and lack of caring. I need to find another Dr in me network but I'm not sure who I can trust but I think that anyone would be better than that lying a$$hole.

Apr 5th, 2013

The doctor sucks...he needs to have better bedside manners. He is very rude and has no sympathy for his patients or families.

|  Patient  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

I believe he helped add years to my life. I am 70 years old and in pretty good health. My blood pressure was approximately 160/92 for many years. Since going to Dr. Iqbal, it is 130/80 on the average. He has great bedside manners. I feel he is the best Dr I have ever had.

Nov 7th, 2012

I can't attest to the less than stellar ratings given by others. The ability to schedule an appointment; the waiting room wait time; and the demeanor of office staff has ZERO reflection on Dr. Iqbal as a caring, professional, informed physician. His assistant Charmaine is equally professional and consistently makes herself available to address any concerns that may arise.Dr. Iqbal has been my physician since he joined the practice in 2005.As his patient, I have the utmost respect and confidence in Dr. Iqbal as my primary medical practitioner.He routinely displays compassion, concern, interest and knowledge while striving to provide the best care possible.I'll tell you this....IF he were to leave the practice, I would follow.Thank you, Dr. Iqbal for your kindness & professionalism and for making sure I remain as healthy as I am able!Sincerely,Sandy Unger

|  Caring and concerned  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

I felt very cared for by Dr. Iqbal. Looked out for my interest and answered my questions.

|  OUTSTANDING  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Iqbal for well over 10 years. The service that is provided by the staff as well as Dr. Iqbal is outstanding. He provides that doctor/patient relationship that makes you feel like a person and a number (production line). I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking a doctor :)

Nov 8th, 2011

Dr. Igbal is an excellent doctor. I have seen him over the course of a year now and have been extremely impressed with his diagnostic ability, his professionalism, and his straight forward approach to treatment. I appreciate that he gets right to the point, offers a treatment plan, and doesn't dance around issues. His approach makes for a quick appointment, which others may dismiss as not caring. However, if you go in with a clear explanation of your reason for being there, combined with his excellent diagnostic abilities, you shouldn't need to be there forever!

|  Overbooked and Dismissive  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

A once caring Physician has become unprofessional in his practice. At best he shows nothing more than complete indifference to the patient and will refer to someone else. At his worst he becomes adversarial and dismissive. His staff shows little or no support. Hopefully one day he will rediscover why he chose this profession.

|  Great Dr.  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Dr Iqbal helped lower my blood pressure from 155/95 to 122/78 on the average. He has a very good bed side manner and is very patient with my questions. He is, without a dought, the most thorough Dr I have ever had.Edward Hart818-609-9229

Dec 27th, 2010

If he is your doctor I suggest getting his offices phone number. His office assistant is very nice, hi is to the point with your visit so you should come in with a general idea of what could be wrong.

Nov 1st, 2010

Very good at diagnosis and very intelligent. I feel he may not listen as intently because he knows whats happening just by a brief history with a short physical.

May 20th, 2010

Have seen this "doctor" 3 times - each time, he spent less than 5 minutes with me, including during what was supposed to be a one hour wellness physical (I was in the office for 24 minutes, and Iqbal was in my room for 6 of those). While describing a recent ER visit I had, Iqbal was more concerned with some lint on his sleeve than listening to me. And finally, he has yet, in 3 visits (including a physical), to take any sort of medical history, or listen to my complete list of symptoms. The only useful thing he has done is give me referrals to real doctors.

|  Terrible Experience with this doctor  |  show details
by msbert on Mar 31st, 2010

He was very unprofessional, as was his nurse. He treated me very poorly to the extent that I left his office in tears. I was so upset with the way I was treated by him. He wouldn't listen to my concerns. Had no interest.