Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by Lisha M. on Aug 11th, 2016

I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve with severe regurgitation. I consulted 2 surgeons about my condition and what the surgery entailed. I selected Dr. Quader because he focused on me and spent about an hour going over my diagnosis, and explaining to my husband and me (in terms we could understand) what was happening with my valve. He answered all my questions, asked me questions about myself and my family, told me about his family and genuinely seemed interested in me not as just a patient but as a person. I immediately felt comfortable and confident in him and felt I would be in good hands. He explained he might have to replace my valve and recommended a mechanical valve as I was only 54 years of age. I did not want a mechanical valve because I did not want to take blood thinners the rest of my life. I told Dr. Quader that I had 100% confidence in him that he could repair my valve. During surgery he discovered my valve was in worse shape than what the echocardiogram showed however he went the extra mile and repaired it! After I was discharged from the hospital I had a fainting spell. My family contacted his office and he immediately called back. He followed up again the next morning as it was a Friday and he wanted to make sure I would be okay over the weekend. When I followed up with my Cardiologist and my Primary Care Physician they were amazed at my echo results. Not only was my valve expertly repaired, I no longer had a murmur. Both physicians told me that I had an excellent surgeon. It has been 6 months now since my surgery and I am better than ever. I am actually able to run again! If you want to place your heart in good hands then choose Dr. Quader!

Mar 8th, 2015

Dr. Quader's diagnosis was on the mark. Very patient and caring doctor. Excellent bedside manners and explain everything thoroughly. Yes, I would use him again. My husband had a 5 way bypass and went home in 7 days.

MVP of heart surgeons show details MVP of heart surgeons
by Tom T on Sep 14th, 2013

This highly skilled surgeon fixed my failing heart, with an aortic implant. He extended my life for many years. I have no words to thank him enough. He has done the same for many, many others. I believe God uses him to save lives. Thank you DR Quarter.

The Best show details The Best
May 28th, 2012

Dr Quader repaired my mitral valve in 2007 and did an outstanding job. The time he spent with me before surgery gave me confidence in his abilities and I was not disappointed with the outcome. While in the hospital, I witnessed firsthand that he does not tolerate even minor lapses in care by the staff and frequently follows-up during off hours to get detailed reports on the status of his patients. His attention to detail was a great comfort to me and he did a fantastic job. Thanks Dr. Quader!

Top-notch surgeon show details Top-notch surgeon
Dec 9th, 2011

I went to Dr. Quader suffering from aortic stenosis and an aortic aneurysm. He was highly recommended by my cardiologist. Others I talked to, including hospital nurses and medical office staff members, spoke highly of his surgical and people skills. He explained my condition carefully, answered all my questions, then did the surgery, repairing the aneurysm and replacing my aortic valve with a mechanical valve. He visited me several times while I was hospitalized, more than I expected. He was always cheerful, confident and encouraging. I recovered quickly with no significant complications. I would recommend him highly.

Dr. Quader Saved My Life show details Dr. Quader Saved My Life
by Joel H. on Sep 3rd, 2010

When I was diagnosed with several life threatening heart problems I began searching for a surgeon. I talked to three different surgeons and within 10 minutes of first talking to Dr. Quader I knew he was the surgeon that I would feel comfortable with literally having my heart in his hands. His demeanor is comforting and friendly he is not arrogant or condescending. His resume/experience is outstanding and he happily and thoroughly answered any and all questions I had.

by Dan Gorham on Aug 18th, 2010

I always have had complete confidence in Dr. Quader. His explanation of what would happen during heart surgery was a great help. He is professional and caring. What else is there? Plus, his staff is excellent