Dr. Mohammed Shafi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 1st, 2016
I had a colonoscopy . Not a pleasant procedure to have done, however, the dr and his staff made the experience much more bearable! They a L were very professional. I would strongly recommend him .

March 11th, 2016
Dr. Shafi is very thorough, personable, professional and caring. He is very knowledgeable and a Doctor in whom I have great confidence.

March 1st, 2016
Doctor's staff is understanding of patient concerns and apprehensions regarding the possible procedures they may encounter. Dr. Shafi takes all the time you need to answer questions and ease your mind. Offices are very clean and patients are provided sanitation techniques used by the staff and clinic to protect the health of everyone.

August 10th, 2015
Went for a screening colonoscopy. Great experience. Staff and Dr. were awesome. I would recommend to a friend and go back to him for my own needs.

July 14th, 2015
Great bedside manner

July 10th, 2015
Office Procedure done well
My experience with a colonoscopy procedure in with Dr. Shafi in his office exceeded my expectations. The staff, including the nurse and anesthesiologist, provided excellent care. Dr. Shafi is, in my opinion, an excellent gastroenterologist who I would recommend without hesitation

May 28th, 2015
Review for Mohammed a Shafi, MD
Excellent treatment and very professional.. I was having a very hard time digesting food and had to have two procedures done. His staff was very dedicated and beyond nice. I would highly recommend his practice and care I received.

May 3rd, 2015
Dr. Shafi is extremely professional and his staff at Digestive Diseases is exemplarary. My recent endoscopy was conducted so well that it was almost as if I never had the procedure. Dr. Shafi, and his staff, are to be commended.

April 20th, 2015
Dr. Shafi and staff are wonderful
Had a great experience with Dr. Shafi. He and his staff are compassionate and care about the individual patient.

March 27th, 2015
5 minute appointments
I agree with another reviewer who believes money is a primary motivator. When you sign in you see there is only 5 min allocated for each appointment and some patients are double booked. I did not have classic symptoms or response to treatment. Dr Shafi never gave me time to answer all my questions, instead inviting me to follow him out the door as he escorted me to check out. How very rude! I was referred to a surgeon for gall bladder surgery who then referred me for a pelvic CT scan to first rule out small intestine blockage. I believe the GI doc should have done this prior to surgery referral. To his credit though, his suspicion of my gall bladder being the culprit was accurate. I just detest the "culture" of the practice. Time is of the essence. Listening to the patient has minimal or no relevance. Also, there should have been more hands-on examination before conclusions were drawn in my humble opinion. Dr Shafi is very personable while you do get to speak with him.

March 13th, 2015
Excellent experience!
I visited Dr. Shafi for my first colonoscopy and everyone was professional, informed, efficient and very friendly. They guided me through the whole process and it was a breeze!

February 8th, 2015
Basically seem to be in it for the money.. Billing is totally screwed up, no pre-authorization with insurance, billed insurance multiple times for the same thing and then sent me a bill for what the insurance says was multiple charges for the same thing. Only seem to be in the colonoscopy business and nothing else matters to them.