A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mohan Iyer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mohan Iyer is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mohan Iyer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Iyer graduated from University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Iyer has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Athens Regional Medical Center
- Morton Plant Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Iyer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Anthem - 22 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Evercare - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mohan N. Iyer practice?
Dr. Mohan Iyer practices Ophthalmology near Athens, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Athens Ophthalmologists.