Dr. Mojmir Sonek MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

no change

September 12th, 2016
Surgery
Dr. Sonek is an excellent physician. He was attentive and aggressive in finding out what was wrong with me. He recommended treatment options and allowed me to make the best choice for me. The staff was courteous and I appreciate the care they showed me.

April 19th, 2016
Patient
Horrible wait times.. I feel rushed the entire time.. The first the doctor ask when he sees me is am I on birth control and consistently the whole visit try's to put me on there instead of figuring out what's the main reason why I'm here .. The visit was short and when they were done, they just walk out and don't say anything! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

September 10th, 2015
I gave birth in 2013 to a beautiful baby girl. I had a natural childbirth with no induction or epidural. Initally, Dr. Sonek was skeptical. I attribute this to high rates of c-sections and birth complications in this country. In the end he let me labor hands off and congratulated me on a a healthy baby. I would agree that Dr. Sonek is a very busy doctor who is not always patient. He is swamped with patients and his office is always busy. Stress is an inevitable part of dealing with as many patients as he does. I believe he truly strives to be positive and wants women to birth with minimal complications.

August 1st, 2013
Great Physician, worth the wait!
Dr. Sonek has been my OBGYN for 8 years now and I can't believe some of these reviews so I just had to set the record straight! He is a great doctor. When I first started coming to him I had abnormal Pap smears for several years in a row and all other physicians would say "Well if nothing is bothering you, then I don't see the point in trying to look for why it's abnormal." I never thought anything of it until I saw Dr. Sonek. It was by chance he was the Doctor that saw me in the ER during my miscarriage. It was a hard thing to go through but Dr. Sonek was a kind, caring physician who didn't rest until he found out why and fixed the abnormality. I love his office staff they are also kind and helpful as well several times I had to get forms faxed for insurance purposes, prescriptions called in/electronically sent and they were on top of it. They all have several times comforted my during my emotional roller coaster. I recently had my first child and I can say I could not have chosen anyone better to take care of me or my son (circumcision). He is the only Dr. at Capital City OBGYN right now and he is busy but I would say he's definitely worth the wait. I made it clear that I only wanted him to deliver my son and he made sure he was there even after hours!

June 23rd, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Sonek is an excellent doctor. I was having pelvic pain and was diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst. He scheduled me for surgery and removed it. (I have had several abdominal surgeries and his incision healed the best with little scaring.) Shortly after having surgery I started experiencing the pain again. He seen me and found that I had another cyst large is size on the other ovary. Instead of profiting from another surgery, which he easily could have, he referred me to an oncologist for further investigation. He puts the needs of his patients before anything else. He is very through, educated and in my opinion, a top notch doctor. He is funny and has a great bedside manner. He tries his hardest to make sure his patients are comfortable during their visit. The only negative thing I could say is sometimes you have to wait awhile before being seen. But, I guess this is to be expected for a doctor without a partner to share the workload with. The amount of patients that wait to see him speaks volumes about what type of doctor he really is. EXCELLENT! and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to see a psychiatrist, not an OBGYN! :)

August 6th, 2012
Best Doctor in Town
I have been Dr. Sonek's patient for over 15 years. Dr. Sonek has always treated me and other African American patients with the utmost respect and care. He has always had African American employees and his partner is African American. Dr Sonek tends to joke around a lot. I feel like any insinuation to racial insensitivity must be a misunderstanding. Through out the years he has had different nurses. I feel that when I call the office or leave a message, I am treated respectfully and my calls are returned in a reasonable amount of time. Thank you Dr Sonek and staff for being there for me as a patient.

June 29th, 2012
Go Find A nother Provider
My first time and last. I wait 1 hour 55 minutes. Then his nurse Tracy she was to busy taking and aurguing on the phone about personal businesses left me another 33 minz in the room. Then I hear the doctor complaint ing about all the black patients he wants private white patients. I will never return to this practice.Medicaid needs to investigate this practice.

August 6th, 2009
long wait, short visits
you can expect to wait a long time to be seen. And I do mean a LONG time. Because he is so rushed the doctor usually has a limited time to see you. The visit is very quick and you feel hurried. It is easy to forget questions in such circumstances.

April 25th, 2009