Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

May 18th, 2015

He is wonderful, caring, compassionate, and extremely competent!

Inconsistent and Inconsiderate show details Inconsistent and Inconsiderate
Apr 23rd, 2015

One week Dr. Chedid was positive that I had a disc problem and that he could help me. He made quite the show of reviewing my films with me. I asked him if he read the report. He said he had and that he did not believe the report of arachnoiditis was important. The next week he tried telling me there was no hope for me because of arachnoiditis, and that he never said my disc was a problem. I had a witness and copies of all the reports, so I challenged him on how his story could change so much. He just denied and made excuses. Ultimately he tried to turf me to the pain clinic. I got a second opinion and was successfully treated by another surgeon.

Do not go to this pig! show details Do not go to this pig!
Jan 27th, 2013

There was nothing I liked about this pig. At my appointments he spoke only to my husband as though I wasn't even in the room. He performed a completely different surgery than we had EVER discussed prior to surgery . I had several visits with him during he addressed all remarks were to my husband rather than to me, the patient! . He yelled at me in the recovery room that I both woke up AND topped breathing during surgery!!! The is a rude PIG! Post surgery I went alone to see him and he was furious ...yelling SO loud that when I ran out through the waiting room at least a dozen waiting patients came running up to me ...telling me that they heard the screaming from me. Several had already their appointments due to the fact that they heard his rudeness and violent temper. He also threw me in an empty room and attempted to call my husband (but called MY cell phone!

Overbooks and pushes you through. show details Overbooks and pushes you through.
Nov 15th, 2012

The absolute worst dr., I have ever been to. I don't care if he is good at what he does, he is more concerned with keeping his numbers up. How can someone be polite and at the same time make you feel worthless.

Dr. Chedid was the best! show details Dr. Chedid was the best!
Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. Chedid performed my first neck surgery in our home town. When I found out I needed another herniated disk repaired, I went to him, even though he had moved to Henry Ford. I won't trust another surgeon to touch me.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
Feb 8th, 2012

I called for an appointment because the doctor Iwas working with was not helping me and was very rudeabout it. I had seen Dr. Chedid and had my surgery before my other doctor could get me in...from the time I called until my surgery was less than 7 days. He was couteous and very easy to understand. My recovery time was 2 weeks. I highly recommend him.

Awesome show details Awesome
Aug 2nd, 2011

I was in so much pain and discomfort. Dr. Chedid read the MRI - which was done poorly at our local hospital - then Dr. Chedid read the MRI report - which completely missed the problem - again done at our local hospital, and finally he easily showed us the disk that I was having problems with. Dr. Chedid immediately admitted me to the hospital and took out the problematic disk the next day. I feel great - pain and numbness are gone. He is the BEST!!!! His team and the staff at the Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital are fantastic. He and his team were the answer to prayer. Thank you so much.P.S. The local neuro saw me before Dr. Chedid and concluded that I needed to have four disks removed. What a difference in the two docs.

Feb 15th, 2011

I seen Dr Chedid @ Genesys Healthpark he has done 3 back surgeries on me,I think VERY HIGHLY of Dr C. & Carol I have been treated VERY well by all of his staff ! Dr Chedid is the ONLY specialist that I know of and I have seen MANY...that truly treats his patients like family..all he ask is that you follow the plan he has set forth in treating you ! I truly miss my Dr Chedid !! Im facing yet another back surgery and IM SCARED !! I was NEVER scared ever ever ...he made me so at ease I KNEW I WAS IN VERY capable hands ! Dr C when he did my first surgery ,he got me walking and off the floor,I was scheduled for my 3rd surgery (fusion) when my Mom came down with what was thought a stroke and when they told us she needed a Neuro...I called as did she for Dr C. but that weekend he wasnt on call so another WONDERFUL Neuro guy came in Dr B. Landau and I dont know how Dr C found out unless DrL. might have told him but Mom went into brain surgery (tumor front lobe)and a few hrs into the surgery ...DR C. came out he was in that surgerical suite w/ Dr L. & my Mother ! thats the type of doctor he is if your his patient he cares about you not just as a patient but a person ! I love my Dr C.

Jan 25th, 2011

Dr. Chedid has done my back and neck surgery. I had seen several other surgeons and was not impressed with their lack of answering important questions about my problems, their attitude was you need surgery ant that is that. I finally asked my Cardiolgist if he needed to have surgery who he would go to. Upon meeting him he said I make money doing surgery but I don't do surgery to make money, if we can fix the problem without it that is what we will do. Dr. Chedid and his staff are very kind and compasionate, he explaines exactly what he is going to do. At one point before my surgery i fell and was transported to Genesis Hosptial, two hours from where I live ( that was when he was there) everyone in the emergency room said he is the one to go to. He is now 3 1/2 hours away from me and that is where I had my neck surgery and I would travel even further to have him do my surgeries.

Oct 24th, 2010

Dr Chedid is a great surgeon.He performed my micro-discectomy and the surgery was very easy....no post-op pain. The hospital staff spoke VERY highly of him, without my asking. I was told that people travel distances to come to him.I have family and friends employed at the hospital,some who have worked in Neuro-surg, and all say he is the best, which is what I want to hear when choosing a neurosurgeon!His bedside manner may be a bit gruff, but I don't care...I just want to know that I have a great surgeon cutting into my back!!