Family Physicians
790 E Bonita Ave
2nd Floor
Pomona, CA 91767
909-447-8585
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Worst Dr experience ever!!  |  show details
by M Conte on Aug 1st, 2014

I meet with Dr Hanson yesterday. I went with the intention of talking to about a few issues I've been experiencing that require medical attention. The first being a physical blood work and a chest ex ray. The second being anxiety issues I've been experiencing. The third being stopping smoking as well as experiencing a rash of migraine headaches. I started with the anxiety as it's escalated over the past year and I'm no longer coping with it well. She asked what I've taken in the past and I told her. I've had these issues for 25 years on and off. I named what had worked for me in the distant and recent past and as soon as I mentioned the prescriptions she without hesitation told me NO. I will not prescribe those for you. When I tried to discuss the issues further she accused me as being addicted and looking for a prescription. As I told her I hadn't had those prescriptions for over 10 years and I've never been dependent on any medication. There was no discussion just her opinion regardless of my past experiences she was going to do it her way. When I attempted to relay my experiences she just got really mad. She then recommended I find another dr. My god this was a horrible experience. She had absolutely no tact grace or bedside manner. I left baffled and perplexed and now face additional time finding a new dr and forced to go on the next few weeks or so with no relief. Not to mention we never performed and test or addressed the smoking issue. She's a horrible doctor and I'm guessing I'm not the first patient she's acted this way towards.

Aug 26th, 2013

Trying to contact the doctor or her assistant is more difficult than trying to contact the President of the United States. The staff is dismissive and demonstrates a lack of understanding as to the urgency of responding to provide patients with medical information for care/treatment. I am looking for a new doctor.

Mar 13th, 2013

I have referred Dr. Hanson to family members and they feel the same way I do about her...She's great! She listens and takes the time to get to know you as a person.

Nov 26th, 2012

I appreciate Dr. Hanson's time and how she listens. I feel she genuinely cares about her patients.

|  Treated me like a specimen instead of a human.  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Soon after giving birth I started seeing Dr. Hanson for my general health concerns. Although she showed up for my initial appt over an hour late her actual medical practice seemed well. Over the next 4-5 years, however, she eventually demonstrated a consistent lack of bedside manner. At times I sensed that she was disgusted at the need to touch me. At my last dr.s appointment I had to bring my children with me; she barked at them for getting in her way. I never went back again. That was 4 years ago. Now, I HATE going to the drs and I am still looking for a dr to redeem the profession.

|  Great doctor!!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2009

I usually arrive 15 minutes ahead and once my appointment time arrives my name is called.