Dr. Mona Anand MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017
I have bad anxiety and always expect the worst. Dr Anand is the first Dr to understand that I am always scared at my appts when I arrive but by the time it is over good news or bad I feel confident and ok. She had all my diagnosis right she didn't stop till she figured out the problem she is very nice and pleasant spends time with u explains things to u till u understand them. She cares and knows me on a very personal basis my family health ect. I love Dr Anand and I will not go to any other Dr .

May 11th, 2016
office staff
I absolutely love Dr. Anand. My first appointment couldn't have been better. She took the time and listened to EVERYTHING I had concerns about. After our visit her and I spoke on "person to person" level instead of doctor to patient. She followed up with me regarding my results in a timely manner. She addressed all of my issue. The only problem i have is with the women who answers the phone. She seems to be bothered by the phone calls and you can actually hear her grunt and sigh while she is looking up your information. On numerous occasions she would think our conversation is over and would just hang up, not even saying have a good day, thank you, your welcome or even a simple good bye. Just hangs up. So rude. I also thought she had scheduled me for an appointment as she said and i find out the next day when i had called that she had never even scheduled the appointment. If i hadn't called back i would have shown up for my so called appointment. Besides her, everyone else i came in contact with was so kind and compassionate.

July 1st, 2015
Dr. Anand is an excellent physician
Dr. Anand is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. She familiarizes herself with all of my medical information prior to my appointment. She follows up with test results (including making sure you get them done), coordinates with all of my specialists, and is a wonderful patient advocate. Here is an example. I had a lumbar MRI ordered from a specialist with specific instructions to report certain details and measurements critical to my condition. The radiologist ignored these instructions and provided minimal information in the report. After three months of not being able to get the specialist or radiologist to follow through , I went to Dr. Anand. She repeatedly contacted both of them several times a day until they provided her with a complete and MRI report. It took 2 days. She looked at the actual MRI films and found a fracture that was overlooked. She isn't afraid to disagree with or hold other physicians accountable. She's not arrogant or dismissive. Her bedside manner is caring yet blunt. She doesn't sugarcoat. Overall, she is an excellent physician.

March 30th, 2015
Not happy
I am giving two stars just for the ease of getting appointments and the nice Harmar office atmosphere. As a patient of Dr. Anand's, I constantly felt the need to defend myself when asking questions about my health. She did not and would not explain test results. I had clear indications of some serious health issues and she refused the necessary blood work. On the other hand, she ordered many tests I did not feel were necessary and had me following up with specialists who said I did not need to be there. I have since switched doctors and found out that I was indeed correct about my diagnosis. I understand that sometimes doctors may feel the patients are trying to do their job, but when the patient is respectful and there is a clear indication that something is going on, it doesn't help anyone to ignore it to prove a point!

May 10th, 2013
Very disappointing
I have been very frustrated and disappointed with the care I received from Dr. Anand. She was unwilling or unable to see me in a timely manner for illnesses and injuries. When I saw her for routine check-ups, she ordered unnecessary tests and then failed to explain the results. This caused significant anxiety for me. I saw her for more than 5 years and never felt as though she made an effort to get to know me or listen to my concerns. I've switched providers and am happy to have a new doctor who is much more knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate.

March 23rd, 2013
Dr anand is the most patient physician i have come across She is an adept diagnostician and takes to time to listen to every concern that i have just love her!

March 6th, 2013
I am a medical doctor and am pretty disappointed in the care that I received from Dr Anand. She did not review my radiological studies in entirety, and did not communicate with me directly when I specifically asked given that her nurse/secretary cannot answer my questions. I will be switching providers

June 1st, 2012
Retract earlier
I previously gave Dr. Anand 4 stars but now have to retract that review because of a grievous error thatwas made made and took two years for her to discover. First, she denied doing it. Once that was disapproved, she blamed it on me.

June 26th, 2009
Good doctor, bad office
I really like Dr. Anand, but will be looking for another doctor because I am concerned that the office staff seem unable to maintain accurate medical records. On two separate occasions, I have requested refills and been told that there is no record of my prescription on file.

May 10th, 2017