Dr. Mona Awad MD Patient Reviews

December 9th, 2016
Ddealth with. rsmartest doctors I have . Awad is one of the

September 15th, 2016
Great Doctor
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Awad for a while now. She is very courteous and very knowledgeable, takes her time to explain things. She has helped me with my breathing difficulty and has helped my husband with his sleep condition tremendously. Her staff is very helpful as well. I recommend Dr. Awad to all my friends and family. They are all very pleased.

June 29th, 2016
Horrible dr
Couldn't read my sleep study as she wasn't a certified sleep dr. Misdiagnosed me and I got into a horrific accident and almost died because I actually had narcolepsy. Wouldn't release my chart to my new dr or myself when I requested it. She is a fake!!

September 17th, 2015
My father was seen by Dr.Awad as an emergency appointment, first let me start by saying her staff was extremely courteous. Dr. Awad spent a great deal of time with my dad and was "the most thorough Doctor he can ever remember seeing. " as my dad put it . Her in office diagnosis without seeing x-rays or blood work was 100% accurate, she is extremely thorough when spending time with patients, her knowledge and skill as a Doctor completely surpassed all of our expectations. She was life saving. I could not recommend her enough!!!!

July 15th, 2015
Good Diagnostician!!
I went into the ER with chest pain to discover it was a collapsed lung, 7 hrs later. I was seen first by a thoracic surgeon who said it was quite small no chest tube needed, then wanted me to wait two days to see if it would resolve. I was told I was getting better and would go home the following day. Then I had the House Dr at bayshore telling me I was going home and my lung sounded clear. Because Dr Awad wasn't the first Dr to see me in ICU she continued to follow up on me. She called the nrs station to tell me I lost 40% capacity in my lung and the chest tube was inserted . She called it from the first moment we met that this is what needed to be done. She is a good diagnostician! She is very busy but doesn't forget about the patient. I would recommend her!!!

October 31st, 2014
Wonderful doctor
Dr Awad was a very good listener, personable and had a good bedside manner. Her diagnosis was accurate and her office staff was very accommodating. I have referred her to friends and family and will continue to use her as my pulmonologist. She is a wonderful doctor.

August 9th, 2014
Great Doctor!
This doctor helped me when no other doctors were able to help me. I went to the emergency room several times and was sick for almost 2 years. When she saw me she knew exactly what I had treated me and ever since then my problem has improved a lot. I follow up with her and each time she is kind and compassionate. I thanked my doctor for referring me to her.

June 25th, 2014
Too busy to return a call?
I'd like to tell you about my family's experience with this doctor, but my spouse called her when he was diagnosed with pneumonia, went through 2 or 3 treatments of antibiotics, and then woke coughing up blood! Just prior to this, he contacted Dr. Awad's office and asked if there was any way he could be seen and that he would like to make an appt. He explained he was in INCREDIBLE PAIN. Office staff took his message and said they would given the message to Dr. Awad. She (nor her staff) EVER CALLED HIM BACK. Had he waited - he could have DIED. Luckily, a relative knew of another pulmonologist in the area, and he helped him. I don't care HOW "big" a physician gets, there is NO excuse for such neglect.

January 18th, 2011
Great Doctor
My appointment was at 2:00 pm and I was called into the examining room at 2:10 PM . Dr. Awad was thorough in her examination and also sent me for blood work and an x-ray. I called on the following Tuesday for my results. My follow up visit was great. she explained what she had found on my test results. She answered all of my questions without any hesitations. Very Nice Doctor! :)

October 2nd, 2010
no good

September 21st, 2010
GREAT DOCTOR!
I knew she was a great Dr just by sitting in her waiting room hearing the other patients talk about her. Very nice office! She really took her time with me, i could really tell she cared. Her patients love her and now i know why. Would highly recommend!! An appointment is WELL worth the wait!

October 19th, 2009
Don't Waste your Time!
I went to Dr. Awad with an issue I was having for almost 2 months. At the office visit she seemed to take her time to listen to my symptoms. After my visit she was supposed to review some scans I had done and let me know the results. She also told me to call if my symptoms did not improve after a week. When I did call back in a week to check on the status of my scan and to report that I wasn't feeling better, I kept getting the run-around from the office staff. Either the Dr. was not getting my messages or did not want to waste her time in calling me back, even when she was the one who told me to call! The whole experience was very unprofessional, and I refuse to go back to a Doctor who will not give me 5 minutes of her time with a phone call.