Dr. Mona Duncan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mona Duncan?

Posted on May 9th, 2017

Dr. Mona Duncan M.D. was wonderful, she had preformed a lumpectomy and she was very professional and very comforting. She was wonderful. Thank you Dr. Duncan and all your staff for your great work!!!!

Posted on April 28th, 2010

After a terrible experience with an ER doctor who never consulted with a surgeon and having to return to the ER the following a.m., Dr. Duncan was consulted by the ER doc on duty and she determined I needed my gall bladder removed. I was so relieved to know someone finally was helping me. I cannot thank her enough.

Disappointed with medical treatment

Posted on February 25th, 2010

During my office visit, Dr Mona Duncan seemed very distracted and almost uninterested as I was describing my medical history and the reason for my visit. In retrospect I probably should have asked her if she was okay to draw attention to her demeanor. Her recommendation to do nothing for 6 months because the likely that this condition was a problem was small, was ridiculous to me. According to Dr Duncan, the lump is scar tissue and not something to be concerned about because there is an extremely small chance that it is something else. This recommendation was unacceptable to me for two reasons (1) a large mass of scar tissue forming 14 years after surgery concerns me and (2) why on earth would I want to wait 6 months if I could find out now.It was only after I continually and repeatedly asked for more information on how to make a definitive diagnosis, did Dr Duncan finally make a suggestion. I left the office with the intent to seek a second opinion from a doctor who would listen while I described my medical history, perform a thorough examination and willingly provide a way to make a definitive diagnosis. When I received a copy of Dr Duncans notes to bring to my second opinion consultation, I was extremely disappointed although unfortunately not surprised to see that her notes began with inaccurately reporting important medical history information. Dr Duncans notes incorrectly referenced the type and outcome of a previous surgery I had. In fact, Dr Duncans notes specifically state I did not have a biopsy for a palpable lump. This is untrue. Apparently, Dr Duncan was not listening to the details I was conveying to her during my visit, nor did she bother to go over the medical history information provided in my new patient chart. Prior to my visit, I was directed to a website to download and complete medical forms which also included information on my previous surgical biopsy. Also, Dr Duncans notes state she did not feel the swollen lymph node in my neck which she would not have during her cursory and distracted examination. I mentioned the lymph node to Dr Duncan because during an examination by my asthma specialist, that doctor brought the lump to my attention and suggested I see a specialist (since that was not her area of medicine). I was not satisfied with the medical treatment I received during my visit with Dr Mona Duncan at the Columbia office. Dr Duncans recommendation for me to wait for 6 months was unacceptable to me. A good doctor (even an average doctor) would provide me with the options on how to make a definitive diagnosis upfront without me having to ask. Arriving at the correct diagnosis within the shortest amount of time should be a given when a patient is in their office for a consultation.

Posted on April 6th, 2009

Bowel Incontinence

Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.