Dr. Mona Shangold MD Patient Reviews

2.2

January 19th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Shangold for more years than I can remember...Dr. Shangold is professional, patient with questions, pleasant, and very informative with any questions!

February 6th, 2015
Horrible. Avoid. I went to Dr. Shangold for years out of convenience until I'd finally had enough. She is rude, nasty and judgmental. She will talk down to you and make you feel like an idiot. She will try to push antidepressants on you. She also likes to charge you as much as she possibly can. She'll make you come into the office to discuss test results (even if the result is negative) just so she can charge you another copay. I cannot stress enough: AVOID THIS DOCTOR. You deserve better.

November 13th, 2012
Absolutely horrified by my experience. I left the office in tears, I felt incredibly violated, belittled, and uncomfortable during the entire interaction with her. GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.

May 28th, 2012
RUN!
This woman is an egomaniacal sadist. "Rude" does not even say it. I mentioned to her that I take cranberry tablets to prevent my recurring UTIs and that they have been helping me. She called this "hokus pokus," as though I were an idiot. HELLO LADY, look it up...you've never heard of cranberries being helping for the urinary tract?? She refused to write me a prescription for a problem I was having...the reason? Get this....she had told me to return for an exam in 6 months, and I waited a year instead. This was her idea of revenge (she actually admitted this to me)! I do not need a routine appt. every 6 months, you money hungry b....! She asked me if I wanted advice for exercise, and I responded yes. Instead of giving me the advice, she said I would have to make another appointment to get it! I never returned. DO NOT USE HER

March 28th, 2012
Needs lots of improvement
I was in search of a good gyno especially since it was for my first exam ever. As a newbie to this, I wasn't sure how to do the appropriate research so I found Dr. Shangold & decided to make an appointment. She was extremely good the first time I went there; talked me through the entire process, was careful & patient with me. However, the story quickly changed when I went back for my 2nd visit the following year. There is one nurse that works there who is incredibly rude. I did not see Dr. Shangold until an hr & a half after the time of my appointment and she was in so much of a rush that I was in pain during the entire exam. My 2nd pap smear results came back as abnormal and I had to make many visits back to Dr. Shangold due to that. She barely explained anything to me. I was left with so many questions unanswered. If you are currently researching for a gyno, I would highly recommend finding another one other than Dr. Shangold.

January 31st, 2012
Dr. Shangold is a very intelligent doctor and this review is not to take away from that but the office needs a lot of help. Starting with the manners of the nurses. They are extremely rude. The waiting period is over an hour! I had an appointment at 9AM, I only saw Dr. Shangold after 10AM. I was gravely disappointed!

November 1st, 2010
A Professional
Dr. Shangold is a concerned doctor who takes the time to talk with you about your examination and make necessary recommendations. She takes time to answer your questions and listen to your concerns. This is what I need from my doctor.

October 28th, 2010
FIRST TIME PATIENT
I SCHEDULED A APPT WITH DR.SHANGOLD AS A NEW PATIENT. HER STAFF WERE GREAT!! THEY HELPED ME GET A APPT QUICKLY DUE TO THE PAIN I WAS HAVING. BUT MY TIME SPEND IN THE WAITING ROOM AND THE EXAM ROOM WAS A TOTAL OF A HRAND HALF. THEN ONCE DR. SHANGOLD CAME INTO THE EXAM ROOM, SHE NEVER ONCE SAID SHE WAS SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. I WAS ON MY LUNCH BREAK AND ONLY HAD A HOUR FOR LUNCH. WE SPOKE ABOUT MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS AND THE PAIN I WAS HAVING. THEN OUT OF THE BLUE SHE STARTED TO LECTURE ME ON MY SMOKING. DIDNT REALLY NEED TO HEAR ALL OF THAT. THEN WANTED TO BUT ME ON DEPRESSING MEDICATION FOR MY SMOKING. I LEFT THE OFFICE UPSET AND WILL NEVER EVER RETURN AGAIN!!!!!

May 20th, 2010
Poor
Waited for 2hrs in the waiting room. I complained about the nuva ring and she wanted to put me on antidepressants. She wanted to give me a prescription for the antidepressants based on a 2 min conversation(I am a very active & healthy and normally a very happy person) I have since then moved on to a differnt dr & have found a birth control that works for ME. No thanks Shangold.Dr. Shangold also charges for a 2nd script in the event you lose the original. Unbelievable. Won't go back.

May 3rd, 2010
After 3 years I'm finding a new doc...
Dr. Shangold is a good Dr but the fact that she's money hungry turned me off of her. In order to talk to her to ask her questions you have to schedule an appointment (which means another co-pay) And don't get me started on the wait, if you're not lucky enough to get a morning appointment then you'll be waiting to see her for at least 35-40 minutes.On a positive note her office staff is great. The lady at the front desk and the lady that does blood work are SUPER friendly.

April 30th, 2010
Worst. Doctor. Ever.
Where do I even start? Rude, judgmental, obnoxious, uncaring, disorganized, quite possibly out of her mind. I have been to a lot of doctors in my time, but never one worse than Shangold. I pity her poor office staff, I think they're just trying to do their best in the shadow of this ogre. I've had a minor menstrual problem for a few years, and her approach was to ignore all the other tests I've had, treat me like a complete idiot (actually, I am a medical student), try to make me come into her office for a million followups, and put me on the birth control pill that she has pre-printed prescriptions for. How convenient! Kickbacks anyone? Needless to say my problem has not been resolved. I will never go near this madwoman again. She should lose her license to practice.

April 3rd, 2010
Horrible bedside manner, incorrect diagnosis, unnecessary multiple biopsies without a clue as to what was wrong, clueless staff and rude doctor all lead to say forget this ob/gyn and find someone else. I would not recommend her to anyone.