Dr. Mona Shay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mona Shay?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Mona Shay?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 17th, 2016

Not my kind of doctor

I had a colonoscopy done by Dr. Shay this morning. I had her only because I was previously a patient of Dr. Elliott at the same practice. I did not see her at all at my pre-colonoscopy appointment - only saw NP. There was absolutely no interaction with her before my procedure today (although I attempted conversation), then she did not come to see me after the procedure, so I really don't know her at all. I will find another physician if I need a procedure done in the future. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. However, I must say that all the staff was super nice.

October 2nd, 2015

Saw her for approximately 90 seconds in pre colonoscopy appointment. That visit was $191. Colonoscopy went well. Spoke to my husband before I returned to my recovery room Then left. Need to find another dr who might actually care if I am alive or dead!

May 7th, 2015

Important information was kept from me regarding ct scan results.

March 19th, 2015

Awful..would never recommend.. Did no exam, no tests, no effort in diagnosing my problem

February 19th, 2015

Rude and Unfeeling

Had to have two colonoscopies in one year. Shay did the first one and blew off all my symptoms as IBS. Elliot did my second and found I have colitis. Of course my follow up appointments are with Shay. I am having major issues and she doesn't listen at all. I tell her I am hurting and she popped off with "I don't understand why you are hurting" I went to my family doctor to ask questions and from the report she received from the hospital she also was disgusted that Shay even said that to me. I am MASSIVELY INFLAMED! Just had another waste of money appointment with Shay. Once again telling her how much I am not feeling good and been having really difficult time and she once again blew me off and as she left the room said "I'm glad you are feeling better". I looked at my husband and he looked at me with the look of shook. I asked him if I looked as miserable as I felt and he said yes. She doesn't LISTEN!!!! Enough money spent at her office. Finding someone who will actually listen and help heal some issues today! Good luck to all those who feel they are stuck with her.

January 11th, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Shay for approximately 5 years. She has listened to my concerns and addressed them all. I've never felt rushed. My only concern was that I wish she visited after procedures to inform you of results. My husband sees another Gastro doc in Canton and I love the fact that he comes in and discusses the findings. Aside from that, I have absolutely no complaints. I think the staff is very prompt and friendly. Would definitely recommend Dr. Shay to family and friends.

January 7th, 2015

Dr Shay did a colonoscopy on me and I never saw her. I had some questions after I woke up and asked to speak to her and she told the nurse to have me make an appointment. If you want a doctor who is interested in you and your medical issues, I suggest you go to another one. Dr. Shay doesn't care.

January 5th, 2014

Finding a new Dr.

Spent very little face to face time with me; did not ask questions or gather history. Not sure if this should be considered treatment because she did ...

August 14th, 2013

Very Disappointed

When I left Dr. Shay's office after my appointment, I felt that I had wasted my time, gas and money. She had a very cool manner. She did nothing to really help with the issue I was having. She was in and out so quickly that I felt that I was being a bother. I had a 1 hour drive each way and I won't be going to see her again.

February 4th, 2013

Patient

This must be how some doctors are going to care for the ailing public now with the new government stepping in on health care. I went to see Dr.Shay,and never saw here ,just a pract.nurse for appx.10 mins. But they got paid well for such a short unhelpful visit,thanks for nothing but a prescription and a continuing problem

September 10th, 2012

Do not listen to the negative comments!

I was impressed with my initial consultation today. I read previous comments regarding the Dr. I am aware of the time involved in consulting, scheduling, etc & was pleased with the ease of it all. As a working patient, I appreciated getting in & out in a timely manner. Dr Shay & Staff were professional! Thank you.

April 13th, 2012

I found her to be a good professional doctor, she listened to me and seemed to care. She also helped diagnose my husband's lactose intolerance whereas another GE doctor didn't and it resulted in years of suffering.