Dr. Mong-Hoa Truong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

October 17th, 2016
Super nice and very patient, extremely caring Doctor. My daughter fell, have an ankle sprain, small laceration, and severe headache. She did comprehensive exam from head to toes, especially very thorough neurologic exam. She cleans the wound meticulously, instructs us how to care the wound carefully, then gave us lots of gauze, bandage, antiseptic liquid...to bring home. She even concerns about the possible scar my daughter might have in the future , and give us prescription to prevent scar, just in case... My daughter and I are very happy with her sweet care and warm kindness! Super nice and lovely Doc!

July 11th, 2016
I trust and like this nice, pleasant, and friendly Doctor greatly! Caring, knowledgeable, kind, and calm attitude , this Doctor spends time and patiently explains the medical condition, lab results ...in details , how to manage the medical situation... with me and my children. Leaving her office, always with satisfactory and content feeling. Greatly recommend her...

September 18th, 2015
Wonderful Doc! When I moved to SJ 23 years ago, I searched and happily found this great Dr. for my children. I was very confident with her extensive experience , knowledge, and solid medical background that she earned after she did 3 years of Pediatric Residency Training at The University of California in San Francisco . She is lovely woman and wonderful Doctor with her broad knowledge and loving caring friendly attitude. She is good-natured with ready sweet smile always on her face. She is vey kind, caring, very attentive to my children, to our problems and concerns What I like the most about her: she not only takes medical history, examines your children thoroughly, make diagnosis and give the prescription. But she rather focus carefully for the disease prevention, cares a great deal to the nutrition, habit, behavior, weight, height, speech ...development of our children. Staying with her for more than 2 decades..., our whole extended family like her, trust her, and love her so much!!!

August 23rd, 2015
Hate
I very hate this place...my son is mouth, hands, foot...i call appointment, nurse say doctor not come here because it's saturday....and appointment thursday....i insistent and she appointment monday during my son coulden't wait....he cry of pain....saturday night, i call emergency....

March 11th, 2014
Bad assitance
Assistance is terrible, she's not nice to children or parents. I've met her multiple times and the experience is always the same.

February 20th, 2013
The assistant terrible , she alway mad or mean to the kid , that not right she made my kid scare of the doctor , don't want to see them sad

September 1st, 2011
not courteous and unprofessional
This doctor is a mean, uncaring, unprofessional, irresponsible doctor. First, they are unorganized and get appointment mixed up. I had appointment scheduled at 1230, the day before that day, they called me to change the hour saying can I come in at 5pm, I couldn't, they asked the change schedule to 130pm, i said ok. around 1pm the next day, they keep calling me, I said I am on my way and just 10 mins i'll be there. When I came in, they said they have in their schedule book my appointment was 1230, I was too late, the doctor already left, so I have to wait til 230. We stayed there til 230pm, and see the doctor, she came in, very poor bedside manner, don't let me ask questions, telling me in a know-it-all attitude I shouldn't feed my baby more often than every 3 hours. I should feed him every 3-4 hours, the baby is gaining weight too fast and don't burb the baby. Even he cries just let him cries. I asked a nutritionist, she said it is okay because it is breastfed not bottlefeed. They gave my baby 2 months old vaccine shots, when he cried, my mom was rocking him trying to console him, the doctor scolded us telling my mom she not supposed to rock him, even he cries just let him cries. The visit was a terrible experience, they didn't give us any information of what to expect if fever, and what to take if fever. Giving the shots and just sent us home. My baby got a fever that evening 101.4, I gave her a call, she tell to give Tylenol or Acetaminophen, she get inpatient when I asked her the second time how to spell Acetaminophen. It's my first baby, I have no experience and worry, I just want to get the name right so not to get the wrong medication, but she's not understandable. The fever didn't go down after I gave the Tylenol, I called her back, but it went unanswered. I had to bring my baby to the emergency room, and there get unnecessary blood draw, xray, urinary cath for the baby. My baby was fine if she could be more patient with me, asking and noticing his behavior is normal, it is just a fever, then maybe we didn't have to go to the ER and have the baby go through so much, he is only two months old. four vaccine shots, blood draw, heel stick, urinary cath n xray in a day..It is frustrating when you don't know, and having a doctor who impatient and you can't ask her questions. I changed my baby's doctor right away the next day to someone else.

October 15th, 2010
The assistance looks angry everytime we were there. She made us think that she hates children!