A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Monica Borkar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Monica Borkar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Monica Borkar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Borkar graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Borkar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Evanston Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Borkar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 12 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans