Dr. Monica Harms, MD

22 Odyssey
Suite 115
Irvine, CA 92618
949-855-2273
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Worst Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Michele H on Feb 8th, 2014

Dr. Harms is the worst doctor I've ever been to. I actually switched my health care provider to another doctor after one horrible visit with her. She is condescending, rude and tried to put me on prednisone without any evidence. When my test came back negative, she didn't even call me. Thank God I didn't take her advice or I would have been on that drug for no reason. Avoid her at all cost!

by Lindsey Mc. on Dec 12th, 2013

Dr. Harms is a reare find in today's world! She truly cares and follows her patients health! I feel blessed to have found her adn someone that actually cares!

|  Great doctor who willing to spend time with her patients  |  show details
by Nguyen on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Harms is willing to listen and talk about my problems and explain everything in detail.

|  Patient of Dr. Harms  |  show details
by Jeri McKay on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Harms is an amazing Dr.! It took years for me to find a family Dr. that would follow my health and my kids health, actually know us and truly care! She is caring, kind, takes time with you , I can not say enough about her! I highly recommend her!

|  ONE OF THE BEST  |  show details
by Charlotte Bryant on Sep 26th, 2013

Dr Harms is one of the best doctors you will find in Orange County. She is always there to listen and help. You will not be disappointed.

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by Gladys S. on Sep 24th, 2013

I never go to doctors so when I recently got sick I was really nervous about going to her office. Dr. Harms immediately made me feel at ease! She was very warm and caring and answered all of my questions. She discussed different home remedies when I told her I wasn't sure about pills. I would definitely go see her again!

|  Dr Harms  |  show details
by Todd on Aug 28th, 2013

I’ve been going there for over a year and it’s the same old song and dance she’s always behind schedule then when you see her she is in a rush, I asked her a question regarding something that wasn’t on my appointment sheet and she said she could not answer that it wouldn’t be unfair taking time away from the other patience’s. I went out to the lobby to leave and the lobby had 2 people in it, so I didn’t see the reason for the rush. Her assistant every time I call her she never call me back, I always end up leaving messages for her and she never gets my prescriptions right. Once I went on vacation and I needed extra meds I kept calling her and she never got them for me I had to bring some of my Sisters meds in order to go on vacation….

|  Rude, dismissive, please read these details  |  show details
May 24th, 2013

She was just terrible. When my referral came back to her telling her I had a major problem, she did not even call to tell me about. I went on not knowing and it caused two miscarriges! And then she blamed ME for not taking enough initiative. She also, unbelievably, stated that I should not expect the best care or service because of my "McDonalds" insurance. Those are the words she used. Please avoid her at all costs.

May 15th, 2013

dr. Harms is pretty nice but she is lost in diagnosis. moreover she uses to orderered a list of unnecessary tests.

|  Rudest doctor I've ever met!  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr harms rushes, is irritable and deffiently not down to earth, more like on cloud 9 with her ego. She only listens to correct you questions and gets frustrated very easy which is horribly covered up with a fake smile. I've never been treated so horribly by a doctor. Also the office and rooms were filthy and I even saw a few bugs scurrying around. Wherever these positive reviews are coming from I have no clue, just be warned Harms is very arrogant and does not take well to questions...very condescending. I will never go to her again nor would I reccomended her to anyone!

May 22nd, 2012

If you are looking for a doctor who a) listens to you, b) doesn't rush, c) remembers you, d) has a good bedside manner and e) is knowledgeable, then Dr. Harms is right for you. I have been her patient for 2 1/2 years and I have a complicated autoimmune disease. She does a good job and isn't afraid to write referrals even though I have an HMO.

|  Amazing!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

Dr. Harms is the best doctor I've ever been to. She listens to everything you have to say and has expert advice on each and everything you bring up. She actually takes the time to help you with every medical issue. You never feel rushed, pushed off to an RN or that anything you bring up is menial. Amazing bedside manner! Simply the best.

Apr 13th, 2011

Office administration and office Manager are terrible. They are very bad in regards to getting prescriptions out on time, or calling to remind you to appointments. I have complaints from other doctors offices when they need to call the office for any questions. They give you the run around. Very bad, will never go there again.

Mar 9th, 2011

I WOULD NOT RECOMMENDED THIS MD. I WAITED MORE THAN A HOUR IN THE OFFICE. SHE EXPENT W/ ME ONLY 4 MINUTES . AND SHE CHARGED TO MY INSURANCE 180 HER HIGUEST FEE JUST FOR A UPPER RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTION. K'MAN! PLEASE CHECK UR INSURANCE BILL AND REPORT ABUSSIVE CHARGES.

by AB on Aug 16th, 2010

Dr. Harms is the most gracious and knowledgeable doctor I have been to. Both of my adult sons have chosen her as their primary physician too--not based on my suggestion but based on how well she treated them also. Can't recommend anyone higher.

by Richelle on Jul 23rd, 2010

Dr. Harms is very kind-hearted and knows her stuff! She is the first doctor that has made me feel comfortable and actually taken the time to meet with me. She does not rush you and gives you her undivided attention. Appointments are easy to get last minute...I've gotten same day and next day appointments before, and her office has urgent care walk-in's from 5pm-8pm. Overall, I give Dr. Harms 5 stars, and I will continue to go to her for many years to come!

|  Wonderfully warm & caring doctor  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

I feel like she takes the time to listen to your concerns and the time to explain your options along with the pro's and con's of the different options of treatment. I felt like I could trust her and trust that her recommendations were in my best interest and something that was decided in a consensus between the two of us. I will be using her as out general practitioner as long as we are local.

by Newly Retired Guy on Apr 16th, 2010

I hadn't had a regular doctor in years, but I need one now, and she was someone who was referred to me. She's a younger female, and I'm an older male, but she made me feel comfortable and that I was with a good doctor right away. Explained everything thorougly. I'll be sticking with her.

|  Friendly, caring, accommodating  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2010

Dr. Harms is so wonderful. I've been shopping around several doctors in Orange County and she is perfect for me. She really listens to your problems, rather than some doctors who seem to have a diagnosis in mind before you even open your mouth. She does a great job explaining the medicine behind your treatments and really seems interested in crafting a plan around your individual needs. She is also not reticent about using prescriptions and referrals - she's not the kind of doctor who makes you jump through hoops to get the care you need. For a young doctor she is head and shoulders above other medical professionals I've dealt with. It's very easy to get an appointment - same day or next day is often available, but be warned that you may spend some time in the waiting room.