Dr. Monica Hayes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Monica Hayes?

August 21st, 2013

Dr. Monica Prasad-Hayes is Wonderful

Being 56 yrs. old and never facing any serious health issue, needless to say I was a wreck when told by my gynecologist I had to see a gynecologic oncologist for a mass and sizeable cyst somewhere on or near my right ovary. Just using the word oncologist made me very nervous. Dr. Prasad-Hayes was absolutely the best. She was lovely, extremely caring and understanding, took her time explaining the situation, and had me scheduled for the surgery very quickly. Not knowing what you're walking around with is frightening but she always made me feel at ease. Even if it was not benign I felt I would be in the right hands. And I was. It did turn out benign, both ovaries and tubes removed, a D&C; the surgery went very well, and now after one post-op our relationship is finished. I recommend her highly. Even post surgery I felt much better than expected, did not even take pain meds. God bless her.

March 27th, 2012

Saved My Life Too!

Dr Monica Prasad Hayes is a life saver. I went to her to have my ovaries removed because of a strong family history of ovarian cancer, BRCA1 mutation, and my gynecologists recommendation. Up to that point, I had sonograms every 6 months for almost 20 years without any irregularities. Since I was only 41 and a single mother of twins, I thought I had some time to put it off. Once I met Dr Prasad, she told me it would be better to do the ovary removal sooner than later. I had no symptoms but she did a CA125 blood test that was just between normal and abnormal. She did a laporoscopy through my belly button (no scars) to remove my ovaries and she found that I had stage 3b primary peritoneal cancer (very similar to ovarian cancer). It was a miracle that the surgery was done at that exact time. She did a total hysterectomy and staging.She treated me with chemotherapy for 7 months. Dr Prasad and her nurse were very attentive to me. Always informative, professional, and kind. I never doubted for a minute that I was in good hands. I feel very close to her and will be forever grateful to her. I am now healthly, cancer free and here for my children. Dr Prasad-Hayes is very compassionate, educated, and has a great bedside manner. She takes her time and explains everything. I always understood what was happening and why. She is by far the best doctor I have ever had and I was lucky to be her patient.

January 4th, 2012

She is accommodative to patients' needs. Patient, no rush. Her research keeps her updated with latest findings in cancer research.

December 26th, 2010

She saved my life

This is the first Gyn who actually listened to me. I didn't feel rushed or that I was a bother to her. I felt like she understood me, and understood exactly what to do. I didn't mind having to wait because I knew she was giving the same care to her other patients. I enventually had to have a total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oophorectomy (all the lady parts), the surgery was complicated...took 6.5 hours because of severe endometriosis...but she called in her senior partner to help finish the case so that she could do the procedure laporoscopically. This means that my recovery will be much easier and less risk of infection. No doctor has ever put ME first like that. Others would not have taken the time and would have just opened me up for THEIR sake. She is my angel and she saved my life. The cancer was all removed! AND her nurses are so personable and caring. The reception staff is always so kind and helpful. I have had to wait, but I don't mind. She is giving the same care to the other patients that she is giving to me. And I am forever grateful!

December 2nd, 2010

Great Doctor

Dr Hayes was professional and caring. She spent a great deal of time with me explaining my options. She was gentle and kind and listened to all of my questions.

March 3rd, 2010

Poor follow-up

Waited 2.5 hrs in the waiting room and then another 45+ minutes in the exam room. No apology for the wait, just surprised that I wasn't asleep. Staff lies, sloppy office procedures, and she has an attitude problem.

September 27th, 2008

not worth the wait

Get another doctor otherwise you will spend half your day waiting for a 10 minute visit.

February 7th, 2017