Overall Review

July 14th, 2016
I needed second opinion. She was very matter of fact and informative. When I left appoint I was confident in her prognosis.

April 22nd, 2015
She comes highly recommended. She has a horrible bedside manner. She is condescending. Women who have breast cancer have maybe more tentative, nervous. That she has no sensitivity to this is astounding. I feel that I am in a bind as she is so well respected for her knowledge. If I could switch doctors, I would.

January 14th, 2015
i am a previous patient of dr morrow when she was at Northwestern in Chicago. Yes it is true her bedside manner is not so warm and fuzzy, but when you are diagnosed with cancer, you want someone who is the expert in the field. that is dr morrow. i am a survivor from 2001 i am not looking for someone to share receipes with, i want someone to save my life !!! I am forever grateful to her skill, expertise and knowledge. she held my hand when i was given the general in the O.R. you can not find a more skilled professional. i will always be grateful that i was able to be her patient. when she left northwestern i told her that no matter where you go if my breast cancer comes back i will find you to be treated !!!

January 11th, 2015
Extremely knowledgable and experienced. Would highly recommend.

July 4th, 2014
WICKED WITCH OF CANCER
She has a horrific bedside manner. She is extremely abrupt and dismissive of any questions or concerns you may have. Has an obnoxious sneer on her face, has no interest in being a kind person and it shows!

July 4th, 2013
I came to Dr. Morrow for a second opinion so at that time I had a little knowledge about breast cancer and treatment... at our first visit, she spent over an hour with me and my family and presented me with all the facts and options. She was extremely thorough and that's what I was looking for-- the facts and the best options. I needed to make big decisions quickly and she offered me her experience and insight every time I needed it. I agree with some of the other reviews, her personality was a little curt- but I was looking for an expert and professional, not a new friend. As I faced the biggest challenge of my life I felt I was in very capable hands. And during my surgery, there were some unexpected findings which she was able to find because of her experience. When it comes to cancer, there are so many questions and unknowns-- I wanted all the absolutes I could have and Dr. Morrow delivered above and beyond.

February 25th, 2013
Skill is important
She is top of her field by all accounts. Doesn't really interact with her patients and could use a lot of work on the compassion front, but she saved a life and that's what's important. Seems to be very into her work as a surgeon and by all appearances seems to be responsible with her job. Her staff (nurses, reception) is pretty awful and you'll be happy once the whole experience is over, but being incapable hands is the most important. By all accounts Monica morrow is a very good surgeon.

February 14th, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Morrow. She's a wonderful breast cancer surgeon from Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital. She performed my Mom's lumpectomy and saved her breast. Everything went as planned.

January 19th, 2012
Great Breast Surgeon
Great Surgeon..bedside manner, a bit curt, though overall worth the professionalism and experience...

January 14th, 2012
My mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Morrow saved her life. She kept me my mom. She is incredible by far the most beautiful woman in the world. She's a hero. The courage and inspiration she brings to people is amazing. I will never forget what her and her staff have to done for my mom. She is a life saver. Where would you find a human like this. Dr. Monica Morrow all the way.

September 11th, 2011
Do NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO to DR. MORROW
-Dr. Morrow insists on not doing any diagnostic testing prior to surgery.No petscans, no bone density, no MRI, nothing-This resulted in her insisting I had stage 1 breast cancer when it was already stage 4-She performed surgery on me/a mastectomy when it was already stage 4-Did not bother to ask if I had any back pain...a clear sign that it had spread to my bones, so I was in major pain for an extra few months, while the cancer spread to my upper back-My breast was removed for no reason, as at stage 4 to the bones it is too late to help by removing-She never communicated to me that it was possible it was stage 3 after surgery, she only told my mother.-She has NO bedside manner, and inimidates her colleagues and nurses, who then don't listen to YOU, because they are scared of her.

January 16th, 2011
dr morrow made me feel comfortable. she knew plan of action without any hesitation. would definitly recommend.