Overall Review

3.4

February 12th, 2016
Dr. Monica Peacocke
Dr. Peacocke is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I went to her for vaginal burning. She inserted boric acid into my vagina. I had an allergic reaction to it. I tried to contact her office but no one ever got back to me. I even had other family members reach out to her. I was referred by a friend to another gyn. & it took several visits to resolve this issue which cost me a lot of money. Stay away from her!!!

January 17th, 2016
Compassionate and caring

August 4th, 2015
Exceptional and Insanely Smart.
I can't tell you how much Dr Peacocke has helped me. She was confident in her diagnosis that no other gyn could diagnose. It wasn't that complicated but a severe vitamin deficiency caused all sorts of problems with my system. Dr Peacocke also has extended hours, which help greatly given my crazy work hours. Dont think... just make an appointment with Dr Peacocke if your usual gyn isn't working for something unusual. She is fantastic and worth it. Thank you Dr Peacocke.

July 22nd, 2015
I have never been treated so badly and so unprofessionally by a doctor as I have by this doctor . She ignores all my phone calls and won't call back - her office won't send me my blood work until I spend more money to see her. I wish I had read the reviews here before I went and stayed away!! She told me exactly the same thing as everyone else. I have reported her to my regular GYN - she is taking advantage of women. I will never go back!!!!!

May 27th, 2015
Excellent care by a doctor who knows her vaginas
Amazing bedside manner and willingness to explain my condition to me. She immediately understood what my issue was within minutes and this is after being seen by so many doctors over many years and getting no answers.

March 30th, 2015
4th grade teacher
Dr. Peacocke helped me get off 19 pills a day. She is a wise and amazing!

March 2nd, 2015
Very positive and confident when giving results and remedy.

December 19th, 2014
Has helped me a lot - staff / atmosphere of office very pleasant :) Suffern location very convenient for us NJ women !!!

December 10th, 2014
Simply the best.

November 19th, 2014
Crazy....
I am very surprised by the good ratings Dr. Peacocke has received. I unfortunately was not successful in the treatments. I went to Dr. Peacocke with terrible vulvar pain (constant pain and burning), she listened and was genuinely understanding. However, she diagnosed me with desquamative inflammatory vaginitis which she said was due to vitamin A toxicity and vitamin D deficiency. She sold me a bottle of Vitamin D and told me I would be cured in 3 months. Desperate to be free of pain, I believed her (as many unsuspecting women in pain have, according to these reviews) because I had already seen 3 gynecologists and the only advice they could offer me was to avoid coffee and orange juice (?). 3 months later I returned, still in pain, and was told it would take 6 months. And so this went on for years (and thousands of dollars later, since she does not take insurance), with the addition of vagifem and iron supplements. I finally gave up and saw another pelvic pain specialist who concluded I was misdiagnosed with DIV (his father was the Dr. to first bring attention to this disorder). I eventually saw a general pain specialist, went for an MRI and discovered I have a labral tear in my hip that is most likely referring the pain to the vular area. If I could go back and do this all over again, I would skip Dr. Peacocke. It was a waste of my time and money. I understand that every case is different and that she is a dermatologist who may be able to help you if you are ailed by dermatological infections, such as lichen sclerosus. Vulvar pain is a very difficult thing to cope with and is extremely misunderstood. I want to believe that she is a good person and not someone taking advantage of women in pain. In all likelihood, she will attribute your pain to a vitamin D deficiency (btw, there are no conclusive studies supporting this - but if you want to rule this out, go to a regular dr. and have them test your vitamin levels). Therefore, skip her! If you are suffering with vulvodynia, have already seen several gyno's telling you you're fine and it's in your head, get yourself an MRI/X-ray/CT-scan just to rule out the possibility of having another issue first. This is based on my experience, but I hope it gives other women insight and can prevent them from wasting their time on this Dr./Treatment.

January 14th, 2014
Dr Peacock is complaisant. I had problems, she stated she could cure me in 3 months, I did what she asked and paid her $350. She takes no insurance, I continued paying $350 a visit as she prescribed estrace and vitamin d3. I developed vitamin D toxicity. I had to keep going back because she didn't follow up. She doesn't call you back, it has been thousands of dollars and my symptoms are unchanged. She doesn't return calls, I've written her, called and faxed, no response. You should save your money and find a real doctor.

December 19th, 2013
I think she is a fraud. Everyone has the same diagnosis and treatment (VitD). She took vaginal samples and never reported the results. I think she is taking advantage of women with vaginal pain that is difficult to diagnose but that women (understandedly) would do anything to cure. It turns out that I had a myplasma infection.