Internists

523 East 72nd Street
9th Floor
New York, NY 10021
(646) 672-0528
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  What I discovered about Dr. Monica Peacocke  |  show details
by Sam J. on Jul 14th, 2014

Dr. Peacocke is different from every other doctor I've seen. You might even find yourself leaving her office after your first experience with her and wondering if she accurately diagnosed the problem. I know that's how I felt at first. Not long after that first appointment with her I began to see my issue start to go away. She earned my trust and from that point on, I've never called it into question. I recommend Dr. Peacocke for the type of person who isn't looking for a doctor with a one size fits all type of approach. She's unique and she knows what she's doing plain and simple. I have faith in her and respect for the work she does. I hope my experience helps you decide to take a chance with her. She's a truly amazing doctor!

by Samantha on May 16th, 2014

Suffern Women's Wellness Group has helped me tremendously throughout this past year. I am forever grateful to have met these wonderful women. I will continue to see Dr. Peacocke as she is an important reason to why I feel the way I do today, GREAT!

Jan 14th, 2014

Dr Peacock is complaisant. I had problems, she stated she could cure me in 3 months, I did what she asked and paid her $350. She takes no insurance, I continued paying $350 a visit as she prescribed estrace and vitamin d3. I developed vitamin D toxicity. I had to keep going back because she didn't follow up. She doesn't call you back, it has been thousands of dollars and my symptoms are unchanged. She doesn't return calls, I've written her, called and faxed, no response. You should save your money and find a real doctor.

Dec 19th, 2013

I think she is a fraud. Everyone has the same diagnosis and treatment (VitD). She took vaginal samples and never reported the results. I think she is taking advantage of women with vaginal pain that is difficult to diagnose but that women (understandedly) would do anything to cure. It turns out that I had a myplasma infection.

|  Great vulvovaginal specialist  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2011

She is fantastic at what she does. She is not a general gynecologist. She is an expert on desquamative inflammatory vaginitis and while she does not accept insurance, her advice and care are well worth the money.

Sep 12th, 2011

She is an extremely intelligent and caring physician. She does not run you out of her office and allows you to ask as many questions as you need. Many reviews are correct -- she is NOT a gynecologist, but she does not say she is one. She is an academic who is an expert on certain vulvovaginal disorders. These disorders are not always best treated by your run-of-the-mill gynos. If you go to her for the appropriate problem, she will help.

|  a fraud  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

charges $175. a visit and sells avitamin d for $40. -no evening tape to accept calls and never returned calls to questions-pre-scribed antibiotic over phone without exam- vitamin d3 washer treatment-as she could nit diagnose my problem-she isa money hungry fraud

|  Immunologist not gyno  |  show details
by Anon on May 10th, 2011

Dr. Peacocke helped me stop getting really painful cramps, the only problem is.. this is not what I went to her to help cure. I would say she is more of an immunologist than a gyno because I told her that the previous gyno who had referred me to her had said I had an abnormal pap-- and I wanted her to check if I still did. To this she responded.. I dont do Pap smears. I genuinely feel like I have wasted many months of my time, and a lot of money (sometimes she wouldnt even do anything but still charge me like 200 bucks, which is not the case with the other gynos I have seen). I think her approach to a healthy immune system as a way of curing vaginal problems would be better if it were more well rounded ie also giving medicines to alleviate symptoms. I have also found that in the time I have been seeing her my symptoms for my original problem have gotten worse because I was prescribed nothing but vitamins and sunshine for it AND I feel like she sent me on a wild goose chase because she speculated that I may have some other disease because of my blood work and after doing some research of my own I found that the results are ambiguous at best and inconclusive at worst. I would be appalled if I were not so exhausted and still suffering the same ailment, and worse, that I had come to her to help with. My advice? Skip this gyno, do some research and have your current gyno refer you to a physician that is an expert in the field that you need help in. Her unorthodox methods have caused me to put my life on hold and to waste time and money that I dont have.

Feb 24th, 2011

spent all that money for no improvement ... NEVER calls back ugh

|  This doctor is absolutely disgraceful!!!!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

She is not a gynocologist. She is an immuniologist. She caused me harm by overdosing me on Vit D. i got violently ill and when icalled her office for help an asst called instead. I paid her a fortune. She misdiagnosed my problem. charged me 2x for one visit and was completely inappropiate. She announced herself as the QUEEN OF VAGINAS when fist meeting me. She is a nut!

Jul 2nd, 2010

Dr Peacocke specializes in vula vaginal disorders, and was supposed to be my savior. She promised a cure, gave me vitamin D toxicity, outraged all my other Dr's and did not improve my symptoms at all. I wasted 2 years and thousands of dollars on this self proclaimed "vagina queen" only to wind up at a real Dr in Washington DC who diagnosed me with dysfunctional pelvic floor muscles...now I'm cured. I look back on her two swab tests, broken promises, and unanswered calls with disgust. Not only does she not do a thorough exam, she promises a cure to the hopeful, and treats everyone with the same methods. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!!

Apr 26th, 2010

don't waste your time or your money....

|  Worst Doctor Ever  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2010

Dr Peacocke is incompetent. She promises cures,charges are outrageous, doesn't return calls and hasn't sent me my records. I think she prescribes D3 to all her patients. Her license should be revoked!!

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2009

Extremely bad experience. She completely misdiagnosed me. When I saw her the first time she told me my condition could be resolved in 6 weeks. When I saw her the second time (no improvement) she said it would take 3 months, when I went back the 3rd (and last) time she said it would take 6 months. When I pointed out that I was getting worse rather than better, she became very annoyed with me. Also, she is out of system so you have to pay directly. When I asked to see the results of some lab work that, according to her bill, her office had performed, I was told the results would be sent to me. I never received them. Unfortunately, her office is also almost impossible to contact for a question or to have tests results. Since then, I have spoken with two other women who went to see her. Although we had different problems, she prescribed massive doses of vitamine D to all three of us and nothing else. We all ended up seeing other doctors. Overall, a very negative experience. I do not recommend her.

May 13th, 2009

Dr. Peacocke is an amazing doctor ! She finds out the cause of your health issues and cures you without prescriptions. I can't say enough about this extremely intelligent and kind doctor.