Dr. Monica Torres Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Monica Torres?

Insomnia

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. Monica Torres?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 14th, 2017

Best Pain Doctor i have ever seen

Dr Torres is very personable, polite and professional.

July 15th, 2016

not recommended

a very cold beside manner and does not display any compassion

June 23rd, 2016

Horrible doctor. Should have read the reviews before appt, with her.

First visit to Torres will be my last. She asked me questions, poked me here and there, watched me struggle to get on the exam table, had to ask for help and a step stool to get on the exam table, took my leg and twisted the s_ _ _ out of it with such force and quickness that I screamed out it pain. I immediately went into a fetal position and the pain brought me to uncontrollable tears. She did this after I clearly explained to her that I could not lay flat on my back, could not straighten out my right leg, etc. Oh yeah, I walk with a cane, you think she would noticed. She left the room without sending someone in to assist me getting off the exam table or telling me the exam was over. I brought my MRI records and she disagreed with the findings. She stated, "You should not have this much pain, the MRI does not show spinal stenosis is that bad." I explained to her that I do not take any type of pain Rx nor have I had an epidural. I have done everything naturally with no synthetics. My belief is she has no business working with people. She is suited for working in a lab, etc., where her personality would be better served.

June 22nd, 2016

I agree with all of the bad ratings for this doctor. My mother went to Dr. Torres for pain management. Dr. Torres ignored my mother's health and pain concerns. Dr. Torres was treating my mother as if she had compression fractures. Dr. Torres missed the fact that my mother had blood cancer, multiple myeloma, which is extremely painful. How Dr. Torres missed this is beyond me! My mother died last month. Stay away from this doctor.

January 8th, 2016

She made me feel hopeless

I was referred by my PCP on the same day with excruciating pain on my arm and neck. She first seems to be friendly but then I realized that I spent more time responding to her personal interest about traveling tips in another country rather than my conditions. Even though I described how bad my pain was in all details, it does not seem that she cares about it.  The reason is because I asked for a doctor's note and her MA first gave me a note to go back to work the next day and just wait to schedule and MRI and may see her again a week after when she was available.  I don't know if she was even aware of the details in the note or she just did not recognize the pain I had even I already told her that my pain was so bad that I blacked out that morning.  The next morning, my pain was getting worse and I had to go ER which I was given morphine and prescribed narcotic pain medication.  The ER doctor was able to schedule an MRI and coordinate with her PA to arrange for epidural injection by another doctor from her clinic the next day to relieve my pain from herniated disc. I ended up seeing her PA for the follow up who is more helpful and provide good explanation about my condition through the MRI result and scheduled me another injection and prescribed me narcotic pain medication.  I then was able to see her again for the 2nd follow up which confirms how an uncaring doctor she is.  At the beginning of the examination, I explained to her I still have to rely on the narcotic pain medication, she said "you will have to take these medication for the rest of your life".  She then suggested another injection into my spine but I refused and asked for more conservative treatment like physical therapy and letting her know that I want to decrease pain medication.  Dr.Torres never mentioned "physical therapy".  I had to asked for it.  It seems that she just want me to keep getting injection after injection and keep taking pain medication.  She also said that I could back to work right away even I am still on narcotic painkillers and she made it sounds like this is a normal thing.  I mentioned to her how scary she made me feel when she mentioned how I have to take the medication for the rest of my life which brought out my tears.  She never mentioned any other conservative option until I asked for it.  She show no empathy and made me feel very hopeless about my condition. Also, I had been out for almost a month and my work requires me to file for short term disability.  So, I brought her a short term disability form as my PCP doctor needs her input on some technical details.  She was looking through the form and was smiling at it.  I don't know why she was smiling but somehow it made me feel like she probably thinks that I was trying to take advantage of the disability benefit and faking my pain to support that. I went back to my PCP doctor and told him everything Dr.Torres suggested and my PCP doctor decided to take my condition into his own hands and told me to stop going to her again and he will find me a new pain specialist if I need later.  My PCP doctor doesn't think that I am fit enough and does not approve for me to go back to work while taking the narcotic pain medicine.  Instead, he prescribed me physical therapy and guided me the way to reduce the medication. He explained everything in details and easy to understand which made me so emotional and appreciated his caring and professional manners. In summary, I am not going back Dr.Torres and do not suggest her to anybody.  Make sure that you do some research before going to see any new doctor. Unfortunately, I had no choice in this case due to an immediate need for referral and she may be the only one who was available.

August 27th, 2015

Caring Doctor!

Pain management clinic - first visit. Dr. Torres listened, asked many important questions, then explained the course of action she wanted to try first. Impressed with her bedside manner and professionalism!

May 8th, 2015

Unprofessional, disorganized, misleading

After appointment cancelled recommended procedure at last minute stating she does treat that condition.

November 26th, 2014

Horrible

The Staff was extremely kind courteous and pleasant. This put me at ease but as soon as the dr came in I reached to shake her hand, she declined. She did not look up from her lap top the make any type of personal eye contact. Shes extremely rude as far as a person with any type of people skills. I had asked a staff on a second visit if she is always like that and they stated "they had worked there 2 years and not once has she exchanged words with Dr. Torres as that is just how she is. I had an EMG done and she did no explain the procedure she just started sticking the needles in my leg and proceeding to do things all unexplained. If it wasn't for the Office staff and PA's I would of left after my first experience. Shes extrememly uncaring and doesn't listen or care. She only wants to address 1 problem, however when you have herniated discs in your lumbar, thoracic its hard to just touch base on one topic.

September 12th, 2012

excellent Doctor very good bedside manner

May 4th, 2017