Dermatologists
South Baton Rouge
9001 Summa Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
225-761-5200
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.8709677419355 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.7096774193548 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Excellent dermatologist  |  show details
by Michelle S on Jul 8th, 2014

I've seen her about 6 times over the last 3 years. She's been kind, compassionate, caring & accurate. Because I trust her I've sent my parents & son to see her too. We agree- she's an excellent dermatologist.

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
May 10th, 2014

Worst doctor in the world!!!

by BL on Apr 30th, 2014

I was very hesitate to see this Doctor due to some bad reviews but I never let other peoples opinions interfere with my owns. And I am happy to say that Dr Monica Trail was a very pleasant person and did take her time to explain in details all my concerns and Explained all my options.. I really felt that she was very professional,polite and very nice .

|  Harmed Me as a Patient!!!!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

I agree with the below reviews about how terrible she is as a doctor. She is overconfident, and misdiagnosed me, as well as having a terrible understanding of medical knowledge providing treatment that harmed me. As said by many of the other patients, this doctor treated them incorrectly and should have her medical degree ascertained, as she harms her patients through bad poor decisions, based off a shallow and not complex understanding of medical science. On top of this she is rude and did not listen to me as a patient. From my experience steer clear of this doctor and go to someone who can help you without hurting you in the process. You will save yourself!

|  Avoid Her!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

Monica Trail is the worst doctor I have had in my life. Please steer clear of her, because she made my medical condition so much worse. She is over confident and it will drastically affect your life. She deserves to get her medical license taken away. Her treatment on me made my condition worse.

|  Misdiagnosed my condition costing me time and money  |  show details
by Ginger O on Oct 11th, 2013

I went to Dr. Trail in 2010 when I had a mysterious lump on my finger. She came in for 2 minutes or less, diagnosed it as a "cluster of warts" which I later learned was incorrect, and burned it along with burning other parts if my hand which had no visible warts. I came back in two weeks and recieved the same incorrect treatment (from the Dr. whom I once again saw for one minute). In the end, this misdiagnosis of warts for what really was an "inclusion cyst," cost me almost a thousand dollars with no results. As a student at the time, this was a terrible expense and prediciment. Three years later,I finally had the means to see a hand specialist who quickly diagnosed the problem and removed the cyst surgically. I have nothing personal against Dr. Trail however, her quick misdiagnosis cost me money and caused me mental and physical pain. I hope in the future she spends more time with patients before being so quick to judge.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Susan B on Sep 17th, 2013

I'm surprised to see any complaints on this site. I have a lpt of skin problems so I've seen her a lot over the last couple of years- skin cancer, warts, eczema. And I've always had a good experience. I trust her her so much that she now sees my mom, husband and kids. She knows her stuff! And to the person that said a young kid couldn't have acne, mine does. And she copied a article from one of her journals from just a couple of weeks ago about it and gave it to me. It turns out its becoming common. And she knew about it before the article even came out! She really knows her stuff! But I think some people just don't want to hear it.

Sep 16th, 2013

Advice given by this doctor causes harm. She is the worst doctor on the planet.

|  She said, "Do anything you want!"  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

I had one appointment with her and as soon as possible, will change to another dermatologist who likes being a doctor and working with patients. Over the last month, I was finally diagnosed with a skin disease and referred to her for care. I asked her how do I care for my healing skin, and she said I can do anything I want. I was so horrified by that response ... she had no suggestions and no empathy for what I had gone through over the last month, P she didn't ask any questions to better understand my current condition or provide any future advice. She was clear in stating that she only had 10 minutes with each patient. She spent her precious 10 minutes telling me how few dermatologists there are and how they're picked and it appears not by their own choice. She's very arrogant for only getting her medical degree in 2010, and needs to decide on a career that best suits her personality, which is not working with patients who are concerned and worried and need help and guidance from an expert who cares.

Jun 11th, 2013

I've seen her many times for acne and she's worked with me to change my regimen. She's a sweet and very caring. She's a gem.

|  Worst experience with an MD  |  show details
by Porter Ranch, CA Mom on May 6th, 2013

My 9 y/o daughter has a skin problem. Dr. Trail addressed her asking what exactly was the problem. When my daughter didn't answer fast enough, Ms. Trail snapped, "Spit it out!". Very pretty lady, but seemed impatient, as if we were wasting her time. She told my 9 year old daughter, "You have a pimple on the tip of your nose, deal with it." If it were just a pimple, I wouldn't have gone to see the dermatologist. And also, how many 9 year olds get acne? I need to find out why. This doctor was not willing to even consider trying to find out the cause.

|  Welll,  |  show details
by Don'tAsk on May 3rd, 2013

Thought she was in a hurry and was not interested in anything nearing establishing a new patient relationship. She was quick to pass me along to her nurse for some "education" on soap that I in no way needed. If you are looking for a warm, caring Dr., move on to someone else. A pat on the arm does not bedside manner make. I just felt passed onto a nurse. I don't need a nurse. Nurses come and go. I want a Dr. that knows me- that wants to know their patients. Truthfully, I could have skin cancer and wouldn't know it after my visit with her because there was no examination telling me otherwise. Wish I had my co-pay back for a Starbucks instead.

|  Rude, painful, and inattentive  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

I have seen for 3 separate appointments over 8 months. I was reffered to her through my HMO for acne which got really bad over my face chest and shoulders after I got off the pill due to correlations between the pill and the breast cancer gene which is in my family. The first time she looked at my acne, and prescribed a general broad spectrum treatment. She didn't bother to ask me about my worries or concerns and literally rolled her eyes when i asked questions. I figured perhaps it was just that she sees so many cases like mine and that this was a walk in the park for her. between my first and my second appointment 3 months later nothing had changed except my skin had started cracking and burning due to the retina she prescribed. When i had called her all she did was tell me to use more moisturizer. Finally i got back in to see her and she continued with the eye rolling, said it was probably hormone related and to just wait it out as the retina can need up to 6 months to take effect. my next appointment was another 3 months later. Still no real change other than my skin becoming very sensitive to sun and my back having become covered in acne scars. The retina had finally stopped causing burning and peeling but i was still constantly breaking out. She had no new reccomendations, didn't offer any new course of action and said to just stick with the plan. it has now been 8 months and I have had no benefits from seeing her except and increase in pain and acne scarring. I am understanding of her probably having a high volume of patients but she did nothing to individualize the treatments for me, was pretty impatient, and has really only wasted my time and money.

Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Monica is a sweetheart! I'm very lucky I found her.

by suellen p on Feb 21st, 2013

friendly, knowledgeable, exactly what I want

Nov 6th, 2012

Two month wait for an appointment, then a 40 minute wait for a 10 minute (if that) visit with the doctor, who didn't really care for patient input into his own health care plan.If I ran my business this way, I wouldn't have a single customer but the medical industry is allowed to operate according to their own rules.

Sep 20th, 2012

Dr. Monica is brilliant and a complete sweetheart!

|  Saw her today in Cali  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

Dr. Trail saw me today. She was quite busy being after the holidays an all, but I was happy with my appointment. She didn't spend a ton of time with me, but she addressed most of my problems including those not on my referal. (She asked I come back to discuss the rest of my list.) She was nice. Very compassionate. And, seemed pretty knowledgeable when explaining diagnoses and treatments. She was fast though. But, I liked her and plan on going back.

|  FACEY  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2011

I saw Dr. Trail today for the second time yesterday, and I thought she was wonderful. The first time, I was sent because I had these bumps on my arms and legs. My doctor told me to stop scratching, but I didn't believe him. So, he sent me to Dr. Trail. I wasn't thrilled to hear her say she agreed that my scratching and picking was making these marks. Even if I had some underlying irritation that made me itch, it was the scratching that caused the dark thick spots I had on my arms and legs. She didn't ignore what was making me itch, and gave me list of things to avoid b/c they make people itchy. But she still told me the bumps were my own doing. She didn't judge me. She just help me understand the cause how I could stop itching so much and how to flatten some of the spots. I wasn't happy to hear I was part of the problem. But she was right! I followed her advice and I'm so much better- just like she said I would be. Both visits were short and I waited longer than I wanted to. But she obviously cared about me and wanted to help me get better. She never judged. We laughed. And now I'm better after 3monoths! I recommend her to anyone wants to get better!

|  Facey Medical Group  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

Unfortunatley, Monica Trail now resides in California. I see she was rated a 2.5 by patients in New Orleans. Personally, I would give her that .5 rating. If you care about bedside manner or expect to find a dermatologist who actually cares about your condition or treating it, then I highly recommend you stay clear of this one.

Jun 26th, 2010

She is wonderful- compassionate and knowledgeable. What's more- she's just as much of an artist as she is a surgeon. She removed my skin cancer with almost invisible scar. She's magic! :)

|  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2010

The only complaint I have is that she's moving too far away to be my doctor anymore.

|  good doctor  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2009

i came in this morning, and she saw me even thouh i didn't have a appontment. she was very nice, and fixed my problem on my finger. thank you!

|  Dr. Trail is amazing!!!!  |  show details
by jennifer on Aug 3rd, 2009

I saw Dr. Trail last week, and she was wonderful. She was very compassionate, and kind. And, she went out of her way to explain things to me in a manner that I could understand. I highly recommend her!

by Thom B. on Apr 29th, 2009

The most arrogant,uncaring,unthorough doctor i have ever been to !!

by msmith189 on Nov 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Do not go to this Physician. She is not compassionate. She is not sterile. She does nothing a board certified dermatologist should do.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Nov 8th, 2008

Not professional. Not compassionate.

|  Best experience I've had with a doctor yet!  |  show details
by Jennifer on Aug 6th, 2008

Dr. Trail is warm and caring, but most importantly, she's a great doctor. I have recommended her to all my friends and family.