Dr. Monideepa Baruah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

January 31st, 2016
I was pregnant n she deny see me. Cancel lots appt know my history. Lost my 1st baby got 3 different story. Went from treathing miscarriage to I miss carry then to tubal pregnancy. She never seen me when the day I got pregnant cancel appt outs n and do her job right. Bad experience with her.

January 14th, 2016
Worst OB ever!
If you are pregnant and thinking about using her as your OB, don't!!! She has made my first pregnancy awful. Not only is she rude but she is not thorough what's so ever. She says one thing one visit and the complete opposite the next. I really wish I had switched doctors along time ago because now I'm too far along for someone else to accept me. The REAL icing on the cake is this though: I've spent the past few days in the hospital. First in the ER now at the maternity ward. I've been vomitting for days with awful abdominal pain. The doctors here are very concerned considering my white blood cell count is through the roof. Obviously showing I have an infection somewhere in my body. I'm still undergoing tests. After an awful night of pain at the hospital I get a call from Dr. B herself and she asks what's been going on. And I told her all my symptoms. She then asks if I've got the chills as well. Such as flu like symptoms, which I also did have so I told her yes. She then asks me IF I AM USING DRUGS!!! I'm beyond furious. I told her no I am not using drugs in which she responded really because it seems to me as if you are coming off of drugs and are having widthdraws. I'm currently taking subutex and am currently a year and a half clean from heroin. And get drug tested once a month from my subutex doctor. Its beyond rude to be severaly ill and to have her just accuse me of using drugs. ESPECIALLY when I've worked VERY hard for my sobritey in the past year and a half. She's completely ignoring the fact the my white blood cell count is way beyond normally high clearly showing I have an infection somewhere in my body. And paasing it off as if I'm a drug addict. I'm SO happy to say that once my son is born I will NEVER have contact with this doctor again. So if you are considering using her as your OB for any reason. Think again!! You will have a terriable experience I can promise you that!!

June 16th, 2015
No longer a patient !!!!!!!
I had the worst experience of my life . I started experiencing pain and call Drs office at which they took all the info and said someone would get back to me . This was on Thursday . No one got back to me so I called the next day and the receptionist said dr barutha wanted to check me the next week so I made an apt for Monday . On Monday I got a call that they had to reschedule my apt to Wednesday. By now I was in quite a bit pain . Went in on Wednesday and they took all my i formation about my meds I was on and then the dr came in . She told me it was a Bartholind cysts which I had suspicions it was... She then starts swabbing the area very roughly and I tell her it hurts and she says it does .. I said yes and then she says really ??? I was in Such pain and she was treating me like she didn't care... So then she has this long conversation with her nurse about helping with the procedure and the nurse says she's never done one of these and she then starts arguing with her until the nurse caves in . So then she sticks a needle with lydacain in me (which was so painful )and then starts asking questions as to what meds I took . If she had read my chart she would have realized I took a baby aspirin evey morning . So now she tells me she can't do the procedure. ..then she says she can do in on Monday which is 6 days later and tells me that I will be in. A lot of pain and if It gets worse just go to the emergency room!!!!!!!! I left there crying and cried all the way home .. 2 days later the cysts burst and I had blood everywhere!!! At least by now I had much relief but I was stunned by this . I had a dr I had gone to in syracuse for a problem I had years ago so I called them and they took me in right away. Thank god !!, I went to dr Baraja because I have other Drs I went to in slocum Dickson and thought it would be easier with the records and all. At this point I am staying with the dr from syracuse And I will travel a 1000 miles to go to a good DR!!! I will never go back to dr barahua

June 8th, 2015
My blood screening test came back at-risk for Down's syndrome, everyone in the office including Dr. Baruah kept saying my screening test was positive for Down's, which I feel was very insensitive and inaccurate. Dr. Baruch also told me I had a 25% chance of having a baby without Down's Syndrome, based on the screening. After meeting with a genetics counselor in Syracuse I learned that I had a 1% chance of having a baby with Down's. I switched physicians at 20 weeks gestation after meeting with the genetics counselor.

August 3rd, 2012
rushed and dismissed
I was a new patient of Dr. Baruah. I was 56 and told her I was not sexually active. I did not feel she was gentle with the speculum and I felt she did not even get a good sample for my Pap test. Her examination of my breasts was not thorough. I will not make an appointment with her again. She was rushed and not compassionate.

February 14th, 2012
Great experience with Dr. Baruah!! I only had to wait once more then 5 min in the waiting room. They get you in and out quickly. It was my first pregnancy and I'm going back soon for my second. I had read a review saying the Dr. did not spend enough time with a patient but I have to disagree. You must have questions ready to ask because the Dr. and nurses aren't going to stand around while you sit there and say "uummmm".

June 24th, 2011
It's as if no one has the time for you
Doctor is, I must say, very nice. She did all procedures that were expected and everything in that area was by the book. As the title to my review states though: You just can not get a word in. Plan on having everything planned out or setup without your input. Have questions? Too bad; she's out the door! Your whole visit will be very rushed. A few times my appointments were rescheduled because Dr. Baruah couldn't come in. However, when I rescheduled I was threatened with a "Dr. Baruah IS KNOWN for turning away patients after one too many reschedules, just so you know!" as said by the receptionist. Receptionist were in-general very rude throughout my experience, and when they weren't talking down to you, the doctor was. One major rule of being a doctor is being sure you have the time to talk with your patient and not let any outside problems interfere. Nobody over at the office understands that. It's their way or "see ya!" The other reviews were spot on: if she'd just give you some time to get a word in, she'd be great, but it looks like she has no plans on changing anytime soon. If you're a robot, or don't have any input or any responses to anything they say or do: you'll be treated fine. If you have very basic needs, Dr. Baruah will get you in and out of there. If you're pregnant or need extensive care or just simply want to plan things out with your doctor, go else-ware to someone who will make the time for you.

April 8th, 2011
I had the essure procedure done and began spotting/bleeding 2 1/2 weeks afterward. She continued to say that it was not because of this procedure and I have been spotting/bleeding for almost 2 weeks with cramps and backache. She did not inform me completely of the risks involved or the side effects.

September 3rd, 2010
Other physicians could learn from Dr. Baruah when it comes to how to deal with patients and their families. She's a busy woman, and if you have no questions, she moves on. Would absolutely recommend this Dr. to other women.

June 26th, 2009
Not for me
I'm less than satisfied with the care I have received. As a first time mom I have plenty of concerns and need explanations. Doctor Baruah has all the credentials of a good doctor except for compassion. I felt she talked down to me, and rushed our visits. Her method of following up after testings does not exist. If and only if there is a problem will she be willing to communicate. Otherwise one is left to assume that everything is fine which is not an easy task for a concerned first time mom.