Dr. Monique Brotman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 29th, 2016
My 1st visit
My fiancee an I enjoyed her spirit and knowledge to the questions we had. Will an have recommended her to others. We were able to ask anything without feeling uncomfortable. Thank you Dr. Brotman.

January 13th, 2016
I love Dr. Brotman. She saved my life and possibly my daughters after my birth. I highly highly reccomend Dr. Brotman.

May 20th, 2015
In my experience with Dr. Brotman, whom I was referred to by my midwives, she was incredibly rude, had no tact/warmth in her bedside manor and made me feel like she had no time for me. I was so disappointed and appalled, as a physician who took an oath to fulfill, to the best of their ability and judgment, the covenant of warmth, sympathy, and understanding, none of which I have ever experienced with Dr. Brotman. Not only was her bedside manor so poor, it also made me question her level of care/concern for her patients. I plan to send a letter to all hospitals she’s affiliated with as well as West Suburban Midwife Associates, whom I will no longer continue under their care, because of their relationship with Dr. Brotman.

March 3rd, 2015
Dr. Brotman is awesome!

January 27th, 2015
Find someone else to do circumcisions
Dr. Brotman did my son's circumcision and left a lot of foreskin

January 26th, 2015
Dr Brotman performed my surgery and did a excellent job.

February 13th, 2014
i have never felt so comfortable with a "up close and personal dr." Dr brotman is personable and is always curious how YOU are. dr brotman delivered my healthy baby girl successfully and fairly easily. i would recommend dr brotman to just about anyone!!! ( I also love seeing my daughters pictures hanging in her office every time i go for my visits)

November 17th, 2013
happy patient
Dr Brotman performed a successful external cephalic version on me at 37 weeks of pregnancy. Translation: she succeeded in flipping my breech baby so I could have a normal vaginal delivery with my midwife group. This procedure has about a 50% success rate so I did not have high hopes of success. She helped me to avoid surgery with my first baby, thereby saving me from having a c-section with all my future pregnancies. I'm very grateful. Even though I did not have insurance, I never sensed any negativity from her. If I ever have any problems in the future, I'll be going back to see her.

November 12th, 2013
Threatened for having second opinion and records transferred!
Everything I experienced with Dr. Brotman and her office was very unprofessional. I was given a wrong diagnosis and looked for a second and third opinion. Both of the other doctors agreed that surgery was not the route to take for my condition like Dr. Brotman had proposed. My ultrasound report even suggested to have a follow up ultrasound in 4 weeks, but Dr. Brotman wanted to move straight to surgery. I also had a second ultrasound performed with a different doctor to make sure and nothing was found! I was called by her office 3 times in one day to confirm my appointment. I was also called multiple times by her office to give them my insurance information. Not only had I given it to them by phone twice, I had also written it down on my patient information sheet and they scanned a copy of my insurance card at a previous visit (about a week before this). This was my first red flag. My second red flag was that Dr. Brotman was very short with me after giving me a diagnosis and never explained any of the risks involved with surgery or why it was even necessary to move forward with surgery. I ended up getting another ultrasound with a different doctor and they found absolutely nothing, but still want to perform a followup ultrasound in 4 weeks (like the original ultrasound tech suggested on my first report that Dr. Brotman ignored). After I got my first second opinion and asked to have records transferred from her office, I get a personal phone call from Dr. Brotman around 7pm that felt very threatening. This was my third red flag and final straw! I have never heard of a doctor calling a patient and asking why they were leaving their practice before. Seemed very unprofessional. I don't think it is that uncommon for people to seek out second opinions in the first place for surgery, but she seemed extremely irritated I would go behind her back for a second opinion. This was a very personal and threatening phone call. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life with a health care provider. She even went as far to say that I would eventually have to have surgery with my new doctor and they would not put me under general anesthesia and would be in a lot of pain. I am not a moron and really don't understand this thug like tactic!! I don't think I would have been so bothered with her if she hadn't made this personal and very threatening call. This moment really showed her true colors and I will not be going back to her for my yearly exams or any future pregnancies. I do not feel she has her patients health in mind, but money. I even had to pay a $50 fee to transfer my records. I looked up the state of Illinois statute on record transfer fees and it isn't supposed be more than $23 and some odd change for the 2013 calendar year. I had only seen her twice so I don't think there was $50 worth of documents to scan and transfer. I felt that my story needed to be told to warn other women out there looking for an ob-gyn. My suggestion is to look elsewhere!

September 19th, 2013
She cut my baby eye while giving me a c section.She disrepects her staff by screaming and yelling at them in front of patients.

August 29th, 2013
She charged my insurance an office visit. And I wasn't there. I REPORTED IT TO PUBLIC AID!

May 30th, 2013
I could not find a dr. That could remove my iud. I wanted to avoid surgery. Dr. Brotman with her expertise was the only dr that was able to remove it. Thank you very much. And now I have a baby girl.