Obstetricians & Gynecologists
1010 Lake St
Ste 507
Oak Park, IL 60301
(708) 434-4075
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Feb 13th, 2014

i have never felt so comfortable with a "up close and personal dr." Dr brotman is personable and is always curious how YOU are. dr brotman delivered my healthy baby girl successfully and fairly easily. i would recommend dr brotman to just about anyone!!! ( I also love seeing my daughters pictures hanging in her office every time i go for my visits)

|  happy patient  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2013

Dr Brotman performed a successful external cephalic version on me at 37 weeks of pregnancy. Translation: she succeeded in flipping my breech baby so I could have a normal vaginal delivery with my midwife group. This procedure has about a 50% success rate so I did not have high hopes of success. She helped me to avoid surgery with my first baby, thereby saving me from having a c-section with all my future pregnancies. I'm very grateful. Even though I did not have insurance, I never sensed any negativity from her. If I ever have any problems in the future, I'll be going back to see her.

|  Threatened for having second opinion and records transferred!  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

Everything I experienced with Dr. Brotman and her office was very unprofessional. I was given a wrong diagnosis and looked for a second and third opinion. Both of the other doctors agreed that surgery was not the route to take for my condition like Dr. Brotman had proposed. My ultrasound report even suggested to have a follow up ultrasound in 4 weeks, but Dr. Brotman wanted to move straight to surgery. I also had a second ultrasound performed with a different doctor to make sure and nothing was found! I was called by her office 3 times in one day to confirm my appointment. I was also called multiple times by her office to give them my insurance information. Not only had I given it to them by phone twice, I had also written it down on my patient information sheet and they scanned a copy of my insurance card at a previous visit (about a week before this). This was my first red flag. My second red flag was that Dr. Brotman was very short with me after giving me a diagnosis and never explained any of the risks involved with surgery or why it was even necessary to move forward with surgery. I ended up getting another ultrasound with a different doctor and they found absolutely nothing, but still want to perform a followup ultrasound in 4 weeks (like the original ultrasound tech suggested on my first report that Dr. Brotman ignored). After I got my first second opinion and asked to have records transferred from her office, I get a personal phone call from Dr. Brotman around 7pm that felt very threatening. This was my third red flag and final straw! I have never heard of a doctor calling a patient and asking why they were leaving their practice before. Seemed very unprofessional. I don't think it is that uncommon for people to seek out second opinions in the first place for surgery, but she seemed extremely irritated I would go behind her back for a second opinion. This was a very personal and threatening phone call. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life with a health care provider. She even went as far to say that I would eventually have to have surgery with my new doctor and they would not put me under general anesthesia and would be in a lot of pain. I am not a moron and really don't understand this thug like tactic!! I don't think I would have been so bothered with her if she hadn't made this personal and very threatening call. This moment really showed her true colors and I will not be going back to her for my yearly exams or any future pregnancies. I do not feel she has her patients health in mind, but money. I even had to pay a $50 fee to transfer my records. I looked up the state of Illinois statute on record transfer fees and it isn't supposed be more than $23 and some odd change for the 2013 calendar year. I had only seen her twice so I don't think there was $50 worth of documents to scan and transfer. I felt that my story needed to be told to warn other women out there looking for an ob-gyn. My suggestion is to look elsewhere!

Sep 19th, 2013

She cut my baby eye while giving me a c section.She disrepects her staff by screaming and yelling at them in front of patients.

by MARIA S on Aug 29th, 2013

She charged my insurance an office visit. And I wasn't there. I REPORTED IT TO PUBLIC AID!

by Maria lopez on May 30th, 2013

I could not find a dr. That could remove my iud. I wanted to avoid surgery. Dr. Brotman with her expertise was the only dr that was able to remove it. Thank you very much. And now I have a baby girl.

|  mama brotman  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

I never been to know other obgyn like her she's the best she calls to remind me its time she really easy to talk to about anything she's like a mom. Who's your doctor that one of the reasons I. Call her momma brotman I been my obgyn for 5 or 6years I love her staff, and her will keep going until otherwise thanks m brotman

|  VERY HAPPY PATIENT  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

DR BROTMAN IS AWESOME!! I went to Dr. Brotman office as a second opinion....SHE TAKES THE TIME TO SEE WHAT I WAS THERE FOR!! I LOVE HER AND STAFF IS SUPER SWEET AND NICE... She is straight to the point and have A LOT of knowledge in her field!

|  I love her!  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

Dr. Brotman took me on as a patient late in my pregnancy as my previous doc had only met me 1 time after 10 appointments! I always saw my previous doctors nurse! I love Dr. Brotmans caring and humorous personality as well as her sincerity of whats best for my pregnancy. I love that her staff can talk to her like a friend and not like they are afraid of her. He office is clean and very child friendly. I will definitely be seeing her for all my OB needs not just for pregnancy!

|  "Unprofessional Not Caring& Negative!!!  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

This was my first time coming to see Monique brotman. I was directed here through a program where i have small coverage. I came in the staff was nice I waited along time but there was only 3 patients in the waiting room. I waited in the exam room for 30-35mins wow i just thought she took time with patients not sure?? so she comes in shakes my hand sits down ask questions a lot of uncomfortable questions but i guess its normal but they had nothing to to with my visit. She examined me but did not look anything up under a microscope or run a test on findings. she looked on glove sorry if that disturbed any one but im being honest. And diagnosed I over heard her talking to someone about my low cost co pay seem like she was just concerned about money instead of my health. she spent little time time with me and left i was sad shocked and i felt like she treated me this way because of the insurance i had. she was short with me rude i thought maybe she was just having a bad day. i always try to give others the benefit of the doubt when she left the room i knew i was not coming back any more i almost cried. My symptoms came back after she treated me. I decided to go online to see reviews and all of you are right she doesn't care its about money and I'm sure Most of you had better insurance then me. but this goes to show how money hungry some doctors can be. I'm currently on the hunt for a better Doctor who is non judgmental.I feel for all who had to Experience Dr Monique Brotman. best wishes

May 30th, 2012

I was a midwife patient for the midwife group that Dr. Brotman backs. I had a bad experience with her in her capacity as the back up physician. Dr. Brotman practices alone - without partners - and seems oversubscribed. In my case, she was uncomfortable handling anything out of the ordinary. Additionally, her office has a very chaotic feel. I observed her minor son answering the office phone & scheduling patient appointment while I was in her waiting room. As a midwife patient at this practice, you are required to meet with her during your pregnancy. I ended up being forced to change midwife practice groups based on my experience with her - and a hasty decision by her about my case. Although this was a stressful experience at 30 weeks, I am so glad that I changed groups. Our family ended up having an excellent midwife / MD experience at West Suburban!There are better doctors out there.

Mar 1st, 2012

Dr. Brotman should take a class in business ethics for her own billing practices are what I would consider to be highly unethical. My appointment was for an annual exam and to discuss birth control options. Because I had a couple of questions about my periods, Dr. Brotman in turn considered me 'sick' and coded the appointment that way, instead of as the annual, which would have been covered by my insurance. The other issue involves the birth control method I decided to choose, which is a shot every three months. They called in the prescription and told me I could just stop by during their office hours to have it administered. NEVER did they tell me I would be charged almost $200 for this 'office visit' and another $25 to administer the shot. NEVER did they tell me I should have had an appointment and when I did get that first shot, it was an intern that gave it; Dr. Brotman wasn't even working that day. I am fighting this with the help of my insurance company and the billing department. I would NOT and NEVER recommed this doctor or office to any new or existing patient. Doctors have a fudiciary responsibility to inform their patients of all costs associated with 'questions' or prescriptions. Dr. Brotman failed to have any concern at all regarding my ability or desire to pay an extra $225 every 3 months for birth control. It is almost a bait and switch practice and in my books, highly unethical.

Aug 18th, 2011

Dr. Brotman performed a c-section on me and, surgically, she did well. However, her bedside manner, follow up, and professionalism were poor. She did not give me results in a timely manner from various tests and scans I had done. She made it obvious that she didn't want her life to be interrupted by patients' needs and concerns. In fact, she had planned to hold off on another surgery of mine b/c of her family plans. She never took the time to answer any questions. I would agree with the other review, that she is only concerned about over charging her clients. She actually charges $50.00 to have your records sent to another doctor. Dr. Brotman is the type of doctor you always try to avoid.

Aug 2nd, 2011

I waited over an hour in the lobby on my first visit only to be taken to wait another 25 minutes in the exam room. Dr. Brotman is pleasant and seems to care however she cares more so for lining her own pockets. My insurance card cleary says that I DO NOT have to pay a copay. I was told "That's how we do things in this office." In addition Dr. Brotman had some blood drawn to check on some possible issues. She scheduled my for an appointment so she could tell me yes or no. I've never had a doctor do this. I have always received a call from my old doctor telling me yes or no it's everything is fine. I make arrangements to come for the appointment to have my blood results back and she calls that she is going to be at least 15 minutes late. All exam rooms were full. I told the med asst I have to go to work can someone just call me with the results. Someone, not the doctor, called me later that afternoon that all was good. The results had been back 2 weeks but Dr. Brotman simply wanted to charge me and my insurance again. I'm a medical student. Dr. Brotman has served to show me what never to do. We take an oath. It's about patient care not about money. While she is pleasant and knowledgeable enough she is always erroneously late and far too concerned with over charging for nonsense.