Dr. Monique Maly MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Conifer, CO

November 22nd, 2016
I saw Dr. Maly for 2 years. At first I was really impressed with her diagnostic care (though she required a lot of tests on a regular basis (15-20 vials of blood many times a year). I appreciated many of the tests, but others were unnecessary (I tested negative for Celiac. Don't keep testing me for it). This was a tremendous cost, so depending on your insurance this might be a financial difficulty. Her "bedside manner" was lacking. She is a little on the cold side. She barely touched me on any annual exam. Her biggest concern with one's health is the health of your gut. She had me take several tests to see how my gut was doing despite the fact that I had no digestive issues. I understand the potential connection between the gut and the brain and your overall health, but no test ever revealed anything helpful. My latest appointment ended in her "firing me". I questioned some of her decisions and she became condescending and rude. She claimed that her office had called to get me to come in 3 times and I never returned the calls or came in. I never received any call. When she said "What is wrong with you?" I walked out. It was the most unprofessional meeting with any practitioner I've ever had. She had the opportunity to say, "there seems to have been some miscommunications on both of our sides. Let's let it go and see how we can best care for you now." She chose to be rude and offer no compassion. Very disappointing and, frankly, shocking. The billing was absurd, but I have wonderful insurance that paid for everything. She just stopped accepting insurance so you will have to pay up front and try to get your insurance to pay you back for an out-of-network physician. If you want to have a relationship with a physician where you have to agree with everything she says you may have a good experience. If you want to take an active role in your care and have honest discussions avoid Dr. Maly. If you question her care, she will fire you.

September 2nd, 2016
Murphy
Dr. Maly is very personable and intuative which makes easy for her patients to open up and contect with her.

November 3rd, 2015
Never had a doctor as thorough, with the care and concern for me. She's amazing.

March 18th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Maly will get down to the cause of your complaints, not just treat symptoms.

July 18th, 2013
I have been with Dr Maly for 17 years and she has been the best doctor I have ever had. She listens to me, and she really hears me. She Cares. My husband goes to her also.

May 30th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Maly is very professional, attentive, conscientious, thorough, and does not rush your office visit. What I like about her is that she is open and helpful in finding alternative treatments as well as drawing upon conventional medicine. She may order a lot of blood tests but I find this comforting. I have taken supplements for years and have never had a doctor verify if they were working.

June 20th, 2010
Skip this doctor
This is not a doctor I would refer to anyone I liked very much. The office staff is stand offish, they don't return calls and then report to Dr. Maly they did. Blood tests, and every other kind of tests you have to go to Denver to an independant lab for which costs a ton in copays-the staff is horrible at responding to Rx refills or anything else. Better be sick, M-F 11-4 or you are out of luck. Even phone in refills to pharmacy for basic refills take 4-5 days. Dr. Maly did spend time trying to find underlying reasons for conditions but her bedside manner sucks-she spends more time talking into a tape recorder than you. Her staff fell far short in the follow up department too. I got to the point where I was taking myself for blood tests, knowing it was time and having to request the doctor write a RX for them-then of course she wanted to go over the tests for 2 hours to charge my insurance-these were follow up medication checks. I would get the tests, notify them I had them done then the dingbat staff would tell her they called me. Then she would say I had to come in for Rx refills, she never asked for the tests in the first place.She would make a better researcher than doctor.

June 6th, 2010
she sees and treats the whole person
dr. maly is a rare professional who listens to the patient and uses western and eastern medicine to treat the whole person. she is a gifted professional that offers the best that medicine can be.

May 16th, 2010
only care about covering her ass not my health
had huge issue with shoulder just got out of second surgery surgeon says i need primary care physician. monique maly(doesnt deserve title doctor) pushed me away to pain specialist for meds and never treated my athletes foot ot dry ear,from only being able to sleep on one side. insurannce ran out cant afford cobra so i call maly and ask her for perscription strength antifungalshe says come on in. This is important i drive to her office im there looking at her eye 2eye when she says either pay copay for reevaluation(so she can get more $) or cancellation fee for no show keep in mind im looking her straight in the eye as she is telling me she will charge me for not showing up and not canceling(3 times copay by the way)easy to see what her priorities are $ CYA not my health

January 15th, 2009
I love the fact that Dr. Maly tries to solve issues with diet and supplements before pushing drugs. If you need drugs, that's fine, but it's not always the best plan. By changing my diet and supplements she has improved my overall health and eliminated a problem I lived with for years simply by eliminating HFCS. I appreciate her thoroughness, compassion. She's great, hope she's around as long as I am!

October 3rd, 2008
Best Doctor in Colorado!!
I have had Monique for a doctor for about 15 years. And for those 15 years, I have recommended her to many people and all are still going to her. During the first physical she gave me she apologized for not talking to me. She had been so deep in thought, that she felt she should have been talking to make me comfortable. I would rather have her thinking during my physical than talking. I knew she was going to be my doctor right then and there. Monique has gotten me off almost all RX medications and onto natural substances. She is a wonderful medical doctor and naturopath. She keeps up on all sides of medicine. She listens. She spends time with me. Rarely does a doctor like this come along. My hopes are that she will not get too many patients, which she is very good at not doing, and that she will always be there. Thank you Dr. Maly for starting your own practice, and for being my doctor. I have never felt so cared for. SP