Dr. Monte Mills MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Philadelphia, PA

January 5th, 2016
Long-term as Well as Acute Care
Dr. Mills is outstanding. Our daughter has been a patient of his for ten years (starting at four months). He is very patient and understanding of the difficulties of working with restless little children who don't like to sit through all the tests they need. He is an expert medically and clearly explains what is wrong and how the condition will be treated. I have observed the strong professional relationships he has with other medical professionals who need to be consulted. I will admit that the appointments can be long sometimes. However, on the other side of the situation, when our daughter was recently admitted to CHOP and needed to be seen for an acute contition, she was seen promptly, avoiding potential damage to her eye muscles. Front office staff as Wills Eye has been very helpful in the past, though that has dropped off recently.

July 20th, 2009
The doctor is great!
Dr. Mills is a GREAT doctor! I cannot complain about him at all! My son is a regular patient of his; and now my second son will be seen by him. The only overall compaint I have is the amount of time waiting to be seen! I used 45 minutes as an average, but in the past I have waited nearly 2 hours for an appointment! Dr. Mills is well worth the wait though! Also, now that my son is 4, it is not such a big deal, but when he was younger (my son started seeing Dr. Mills when he was 5 months old) it was a little annoying that one or two fellowes would check him out first, then the doc would come in to check him out! Babies can only take so much before getting restless. I think it is good now that my son is older because I feel like my son is helping in a small way "educate" the future Opthalmologists of CHOP!One final comment I have is about the front desk staff (not all of them fall into this category). I think some of them need to do a better job of being sensitive. Maybe they forget because they deal with it all day long, but us parents are definitly not there for fun; it can be extremely upsetting to some parents to know that there is something "wrong" (for lack of a better word) with your child.