Ophthalmologist (eyes), Pediatric Specialist

What a great experience! show details What a great experience!
by Alex K on Apr 22nd, 2016

After seeing two other ophthalmologist and not being satisfied with their diagnosis, Dr Stavis was recommended to us by Bee Well Pediatrics and what a difference. Dr. Stavis Really cares that you understand the diagnosis and takes his time explaining your options. He doesn't make you don't feel like a number but a human being. His bedside manner is amazing and his knowledge and techniques incomparable to anything we have experience in the past. For the first time I feel at ease and know that my son is in the best hands!

Mar 21st, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Stavis. He corrected my sons eyes which were twisting and rotating on both eyes. His unique procedure worked wonders. My son can now enjoy doing things that his vision limited him before. He can walk up stairs normal which was a problem and enjoy books and all other kid stuff! It has been a night and day difference for my little boy who is 4 years old!!

Jan 17th, 2016

Dr. Stavis and his staff is professional, courteous and give the quality care your children deserve. Always a wonderful experience

Mom & Photographer show details Mom & Photographer
by C. Brewer on Sep 29th, 2014

If you are a parent, reading this review for research, then I am pretty sure I know how you are feeling right now... apprehensive, overwhelmed, perplexed, but most of all… like there is not a single thing you wouldn’t do to help your child. I know because I was in the same boat recently. My son has a long list of special challenges and his eyesight is just our most recent “adventure”. For the last 3 years, we have fought him to wear his glasses. When he started school last year it became even more important because we realized what a struggle he was having with his reading. He has struggled with reading I had given up fighting... Until I met Dr. Stavis! I met Dr. Stavis, through a recommendation. When he told me my son had twisting of the eye muscles and he showed me how his eyes turned up. He explained that my son was uncomfortable all the time, that he fidgeted not because of ADD but because he could not focus for any period of time, and that his reading was affected because he could not read straight lines. I was blown away. Muscle twisting?! Really? We were told he would need surgery and I won’t lie, I was reluctant. This is my child’s eyes we are talking about. However, with all the challenges my son faces, if I take a chance so that he does not have to fight one more struggle on a daily basis, I had to try. We followed Dr. Stavis’ recommendation and allowed him to do the eye surgery to correct the muscle twisting and the turning. His bedside manner was exceptional, always making sure that we knew what was going on, and what to expect. The staff at the main hospital was beyond accommodating and made my son feel so special. I was nervous but I was excited, too. Now it was a waiting game to see the results. It wasn’t until a week after the surgery, when I went to get my son up for school and his light was on. I opened the door and to my complete shock he was reading a book. No one told him to read. No one fought him to read. In fact, I was so blown away. I asked him to read me a few pages just to make sure he wasn’t looking only at the pictures. He read each work like I had never heard him read before. He was not adding in letter that didn’t exist. His eyes were not bouncing all over. He was not begging to stop after three pages. He read me half the book before I asked him to stop and get ready for school. I asked him to stop!! HE WAS READING! Right there, right then I knew Dr. Stavis had done exactly what Alex needed. He had helped my son and now my son could go leaps and bounds further than ever before. He has opened up a world of opportunities for my son and I will be forever grateful. Thank you Dr. Stavis for taking care of my son and helping him when no one else could.

by Daysi on May 28th, 2014

Dr. Stavis was highly recommended to me he has done 2 surgeries on my daughter the first one I was so amazed of how straight her eyes were and she needed a second one because she had some twisting on the back of her eyes but now she looks 100% better I have no complaints. Love his office my child loves going to see him I have never had a problem with wait time. I would highly recommend him to anyone my step daughter has the same problem with strabismus and he is going to do surgery on her as well and I'm glad we chose him as our Dr

Poor office staff and scheduling - want you to make more office visits show details Poor office staff and scheduling - want you to make more office visits
by Dissapointed!!! on Jan 16th, 2014

I was told to find another doctor. We asked for contact lenses for our son and we got percriptions for glasses. Now we are told to pay more money and another office visit to get the contacts. They only fit the contacts at Memorial city not Willow Brook. (Failed to make us aware of this when making appointment) Never once tried to compromise on the situation or admit fault in regards to the wrong service being given. They have enough patients apparently and do not care enough about my child's eye condition or would have worked things out.

Lateness show details Lateness
by John C. on Oct 30th, 2013

I believe that Dr. Stavis is a very qualified & caring doctor. But driving from out of town and having to wait upwards to an hour and a half past my sons appt. time to see Dr. Stavis when he has an appt. is unacceptable. This has happened 5 of 6 times we have seen Dr. Stavis. The next visit will determine if we return to Dr. Stavis or find another ophthalmologist. His office staff need to manage his & their time better.