Ophthalmologists, Pediatrician, Pain Management Specialist, Surgical Specialist, Pediatric Specialist

18220 St Hwy
Suite 140
Houston, TX 77070
Locations and availability (3)

1.5

|  Poor office staff and scheduling - want you to make more office visits  |  show details
by Dissapointed!!! on Jan 16th, 2014

I was told to find another doctor. We asked for contact lenses for our son and we got percriptions for glasses. Now we are told to pay more money and another office visit to get the contacts. They only fit the contacts at Memorial city not Willow Brook. (Failed to make us aware of this when making appointment) Never once tried to compromise on the situation or admit fault in regards to the wrong service being given. They have enough patients apparently and do not care enough about my child's eye condition or would have worked things out.

|  Lateness  |  show details
by John C. on Oct 30th, 2013

I believe that Dr. Stavis is a very qualified & caring doctor. But driving from out of town and having to wait upwards to an hour and a half past my sons appt. time to see Dr. Stavis when he has an appt. is unacceptable. This has happened 5 of 6 times we have seen Dr. Stavis. The next visit will determine if we return to Dr. Stavis or find another ophthalmologist. His office staff need to manage his & their time better.

|  Office staff ruined everything  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

I felt that Dr. Stavis did a good job with my 9 year old daughter. He did magic tricks for her and came up with a new diagnosis. Unfortunately, the "Opthamolic Manager" names April acted with serious unprofessionalism towards me. She did not return my phone calls, called me twice saying my daughters glasses had arrived, and after I told her 2 times that we would be in to pick up the glasses at a specific day and time, I showed up and they had left the office early (forgetting that I was coming in with my children.) She lied directly to me saying she called my cell phone and it was my phone that wasn't working. The straw that broke the camels back is that she told me my insurance would cover part of the glasses and all I had to do was submit it for reimbursement. After paying for the glasses, I called the Insurance Company and this is not the case, I am out the money with no possibility of any reimbursement because she did not fully do her job. We will not be returning to the office although I do think Dr. Stavis is a capable doctor. It's a shame- but you are only as good as the staff you keep.