Dr. Montgomery Verona MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 8th, 2016
Extremely upset
I had previously seen Vernona for numbness in my arms. He tested me for carpal tunnel and said i didn't have it. He then ordered a mri to see if i had pinched nerve and said it was negative. Then he said he didn't know what it could be and said i should wear splints on my arms. About 6 weeks i returned to see him about dizziness and headaches after i had been diagnosed with a small aneurysm. When i went in i thought he would have reviewed my previous medical reports. He didn't and started telling me there was nothing he could do about my headaches. I asked him about ringing in my ears and he said everyone has it and there nothing you can do about it. The real shocker was when he proceeded to tell me he thought I had carpal tunnel. This was after he had tested me and told me previously I did not have it. I left feeling very frustrated because he just quickly rushed me in and out like he was just trying to get rid of me. I really believe this because my appt was at 8:10 and I arrived early and another person walked in with me. He walk up to receptionist and said he had a 8:00 appt with Dr. Verona. This only gave him 10 minutes to see 1st appt before my appt. I will never see this doctor again and will get a 2nd appt.

May 26th, 2015
One of the best
Dr. Verona was thorough and made a very accurate diagnosis quickly and followed up for us to get the next step of care. His bedside manner is great - friendly and thorough with explanations

January 20th, 2014
Good, competent care
I have been to see Dr. Verona on several occasions concerning dizziness. He is a very thorough doc, patient and pleasant.

July 25th, 2013
extreamly nice!
This dr. was super nice. He asked me multipul questions, got to know my history, and made sure I was comfortable with the new medicatio. I highly recommend him and his expertise. Office staff was nice too.

June 20th, 2013
Dr. Verona gave me a lengthy exam. He was able to make specific recommendations that relieved painful headaches. He continues to be helpful at followup appointments.

May 6th, 2013
EMG
Please reconsider going to this DR, has no bedside manners just wants to get you in and out. I had an injection in my neck, a day later my entire arm was numb. I had an EMG done on my left hand/arm...and GUESS What Dr. Verona said it was???? Carpal Tunnel...I was like but I'm not even left handed!! He said nothing , no expression. When I asked him how is it possible that I have this, he gave me the "you know how carpenter's work with their hands, it just happens story." I'm like I'm not an FN carpenter!!! I'm getting a second opinion. Hope this helps.

April 9th, 2013
Patient is my son Severe head trauma,
I do not know what doctor these people saw but I have been to numerous neuros for other issues with family and I have NEVER been to a better one. He is accepting new patients because he has been out of state and his get well allot. My son had a severe head trauma, spent days in ICU and was coma state for 12hours, We left Brackenridge in bad shape, too soon and had to go back 3 days later. He was not our Neurologist then. This man is so impressive to watch all the testing he put him through right there in his office. Smell, hearing, vision, all balance , joints, strength testing, memory testing, written testing, Insane wonderful care. He sat there and answered all our questions and concerns. He even had to smiled and patiently with no disrespect when he had to repeat some of it twice. His time spent on testing and talking was incredibly long,(GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER),,, just amazed at how much he knew, did, and cared. Not just about this injury but any other older football issues or anything else he could think of. His diagnosis is spot on. He even pointed out that there were two other injuries we were not aware of from the Brackenridge Neuro team. That was very good to know. He spent about 45 minutes to a hour with him. He does not believe much in narcotics and that may be why others are angry if that's what you thought might be continued. His meds went straight to pharmacy by link. He dictated and printed out visit notes and work papers for him right then and there. He even took extra time at front desk to fill out all disability papers with diagnosis and codes. NO better treatment anywhere. I know I am disabled and have had over 23 doctors in the last 10 yrs. He also follows up every two weeks then down to monthly or more often if needed. Sorry the other people had a bad day there. Wish the newer patients would take the time to right a good appointment not just a FEW bad. Staff was superb with insurance papers, appointments, faxes, getting his records STAT. Very polite and efficient.

January 28th, 2013
Run away from this doctor ...
Yes I did get into see the doctor quickly - However, from the moment we walked in the door he was not interested in finding the reason for the pain. He was only interested in shuffling us out. Gave us a handful of pain medication (samples) ... when asked what he thought might be the cause, he responds with a brouchure ... Are you kidding me. This is what I paid for. ZERO follow up .. then when I call to say the pain medication was not working (four days later), I found out that it was under perscribed. Calls in a new medication. Pharmacist says that the new medicine is for prevention and not current pain. So when I call you after hours to call in a prescription because my son is in so much pain and has been out of school for over a week. You say you can't because you don't have a pen " you cant make one appear out of this air" and I need to wait until the morning. As you can assume I am very frustrated and you respond by hanging up on me. ... Can't get to another doctor quick enough.

November 11th, 2012
bums in seats
He pretty much considers you another payment on his luxury vehicle, gives you a devastating "I think it is" such and such terminal disease take these pills BYE BYE. Then has the nerve to be over a week late authorizing re-fills. Have to read over the internet about the disease he does ZERO education and has ZERO empathy. Going to get a second opinion.

February 8th, 2012
Went to see Dr Verona and he was as usual for a Dr. All Business. I had no complaints when I left, but I was suppossed to hear from his staff for an MRI, I never heard from them, I made the appt myself. They were suppossed to give me a name and place to start therapy, again never heard from them. If he ran the office on his own, he would be better off. Oh, but wait he does. Still waiting to hear from his staff on therapy, packing my records and seeing another doctor.

November 11th, 2011
Overall
Has horrible bedside manner!! Does not show a caring attitude. Seems to be more interested in getting you in and out as quickly as possible.Found that on my 4th or 5th visit that he was "not sure of my diagnosis". When I asked if he had reviewed my medical history of 10 yrs with this condition, I found out that he had not even requested those records. I find this to be lackadaisical and unprofessional.He does not seem to deal with frustrated patients very well, he just shuts down emotionally and tunes you out.