Dr. Monty Trimble MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 10th, 2016
Horrible experience!
Dr. Trimble placed tubes in my 13 month old son back in July. I have to say, at the time I was very pleased with him and how he handled a concerned mom. Today was my first time back in his office since the surgery, and wow.. it was like a completely different man. I was told after surgery to come back into the office before cold season so he could check to see the tubes were still intact. So I did as he said. Dr. Trimble had us waiting in the exam room for over an hour and offered no apology. When we finally saw him he was clearly agitated and rude. The way he spoke to his staff was degrading and very uncomfortable to watch. He told me I shouldn't have even brought my son in, and next time take him to his regular pediatrician. He did not answer any of my questions and couldn't even tell me of the tubes were still intact. Had I known this man was such a jerk, I would've never paid him for a $5,000 procedure on my toddler son!!! I will not be returning here for his next hearing test and will never recommend this man to anyone. His alpha male, degrading approach to his staff truly bothered me enough to leave a review.

September 8th, 2016
Dr Trimble is very friendly and knowledgeable, however, I feel the office could be run more smoothly. I was told I could have my polyps removed in the office, but when I showed up for my procedure, I was told that I couldn't have it done in the office unless I had another procedure that the doctor recommended as well. The doctor seemed concerned about his costs and how the insurance would pay. I think someone else at his office should handle his costs and expenses and work out a system with him, so that he can totally focus on healing. I have decided not to have the extra procedure or the polys removed there.

May 1st, 2015
Feeling Cheated
Dr. Trimble himself seems like a nice enough doctor, really explains things and is easy to talk to. Uses a lot of technical jargon, and I guess just assumes you have an idea what he's talking about, but other than that easy enough doctor to deal with. My complaint and reason why I'm not going back has to do with his staff, they're con artists and hopefully Dr. Trimble isn't the one training them how to scam their customers. A couple months ago I had some congestion went in to their office, and they kept pushing me to get an MRI. They lied and said most insurance cover the MRI because its done in office and would fall under your office co-pay. They even called my insurance company for me (never should've let them do that, I should've called myself, I was naive). They then told me Blue Cross said they would cover the MRI, so I agreed to do it. A couple weeks later I get a bill from Trimble for $194.84 for the MRI. I called their billing lady and explained what the nurses told me when I came in and she told me to call Blue Cross. I did and Blue Cross told me the nurses lied to my face, an MRI is never covered under a co-pay. I called Trimble's billing lady back, she doesn't care they lied to me and says I signed an agreement saying I'd pay what insurance didn't...I stopped her right there, I know what I signed. I was hoping she'd at least talk to the nurses who lied to me or call Blue Cross, but whatever, I paid the bill and will not be going back to Trimble's office ever again. It's not even the money, had I known it was $200 for an MRI before, ok fine if I needed it I needed it, but no way I'm going somewhere that lies to my face to try to scam dollars out of me and my insurance company.

June 16th, 2014
Amazing Difference
After years of not being able to smell, within weeks of the Balloon Sinusplasty I began smelling gradually. Along with my smell, I began to taste foods again. It brought tears to my eyes the first time I tasted something. Considering these two senses go together, I had just thought I would never smell or taste again. Smell and taste continue to improve daily. I can't thank Dr. Trimble enough. He and his staff are truly amazing. If you have severe sinus infections, don't put this surgery off. After years of suffering, life has taken a major up-swing. I'm learning smells and taste all over again. I don't regret for a moment having this done.

December 30th, 2013
No character
After refering a relative to Dr. Trimble, I regret doing as much. Dr. Trimble did not provide the same standard of care for my relative that I received, initially. Further more during a follow up appointment with Dr. Trimble he was ranting about a business problem he encountered. I could hear him yelling at his staff then he came in and expressed his frustrations with me then looked in my nose.. mumbled something about possible Staph infection then returned to expressing his personal business problems and ushered me out the door.

November 8th, 2013
Never Again
My time in the waiting room exceeded one hour. The time the doctor spent with me was 5 minutes. When my I ran out of my prescription my pharmacy attempted to contact Dr. Trimble's office three times for authorization. They never had the courtesy to respond. I finally called and spoke with a female identifying herself as Deb. The level of service from this staff is pathetic. I will never return to that office and you can be certain I will inform my family physician of my experience as well as everyone I encounter on both a personal and business level.

September 2nd, 2013
Terrible.
Initially, I had a great experience with his staff. Everyone is very friendly and the office is very nice. I thought it was kind of obnoxious that his staff did most of the work and he came in and spoke to me for about 3 minutes during my initial exam - only repeating what his nurses/nurse practitioner had already told me, but I chalked it up to him being a busy doctor. I was due to have a tonsillectomy and because of some other medical issues, was unable. However, his staff knew about these problems and went ahead and scheduled me for surgery anyway. I get to the hospital on surgery day and after waiting for 3 hours, a nurse tells me due to these previous issues, I'm not allowed to have surgery and that Dr. Trimble had already left the hospital for the day. He did not even have the courteousy to come and speak to me himself. He claimed he was unaware of my medical issues, even though his staff was told and there had been another instance when they had been brought up to him. Furthermore, WE had to call THEM and his staff made the excuse that he had other patients to see - but if he had time allotted for my surgery, that time could have been spent discussing the problem with me. So, after only spending about 3-5 minutes ever with Dr. Trimble, I definitively can't say he's a bad doctor but my experience with him was unpleasant to say the least and I would not recommend him to anyone. I'm sure there are other doctors in the area that would take time to take care of all their patients, no matter the situation.

July 20th, 2012
Excellent ENT - The Best of the Best!!!
During the last eight years Dr. Monty Trimble has treated me for various problems dealing from removing my left thyroid, and some lipomas to dealing with sinus and ear infections. He is a superb surgeon as well as one of the most intelligent doctors we have encountered. He always makes you feel very comfortable and will explain to you what needs to be done. He is always striving for new ways by keeping abreast of new and better techniques and changes and utilizes them in his work. What a perfectionist! He also has deep empathy for his patients and how they feel - a great bedside manner. If you are looking for a top notch doctor, than you need to look no further. You won't be sorry. Also his office staff and the medical staff that works with Dr. Trimble is by far one of the best we have seen. We are very fortunate to have him as our doctor. Keep up the excellent work!

June 12th, 2012
angie
I had an balloon procedure on a friday and felt better by monday. The procedure was easy and Dr. Trimble seemed to be really concerned about how i was feeling

June 5th, 2012
jessica
After years of suffering with sinus issues, I finally was referred to Dr. Trimble by another doctor. Dr. Trimble took the time to explain my options. I chose an new balloon procedure that Dr. Trimble did in the office on a Tuesday afternoon. The procedure was so easy and painless, I wasn't sure it really did anything. It has been 6 months, and I haven't had a sinus issue since. I am breathing better and I can actually smell again. Amazing! I am so pleased, with i'd found him sooner.

April 3rd, 2012
This doctor wants to charge his patients $50.00 for no show or late cancellations. However, his office can cancel your appointment an hour prior to the schedule time (not due to an emergency but office errors.I wonder if I can bill him for $150.00 for the 3 last minute cancellations?Just saying

July 13th, 2011
He cured me!
I have had sinus problems for years...finally decided to do something about it after I found Dr. Trimble on the Web. I wasn't excited about the idea of having surgery...thankfully, Dr. Trimble trained on a new office procedure that allowed me to avoid surgery. 2 hours after the "balloon" procedure, I felt great. Hope it lasts!