Dermatologist
J M Odonoghue, MD
1952 Field Rd Ste B1
Sarasota, FL 34231
941-926-7546
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.9047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Treats patients with respect  |  show details
by artist on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. O'Donoghue and everyone in this office treat patients with respect and compassion. In relation to my surgery for melanoma, I realized that along the way I was told every detail I needed to know, in order to remain as calm and confident as possible. How refreshing and comforting this was, compared to doctors who treat patients as if they were stupid, and explain nothing. My questions were answered, my requests met. Add to this the beauty and cleanliness of the offices and the warmth of the staff. It's worth my long drive to go to this doctor.

|  GM  |  show details
by Ryan L. on Nov 15th, 2013

I needed a new dermatologist and I was able to get an appointment for a yearly skin exam 2 days later at Dr. O'Donoghue's. I had a mole that I had asked my old Dr. about for over a year, she said it was fine. Dr. took one look at it and said we need to biopsy it. It turned out to be a Melanoma. My family and I are so greatful. He could have saved my life as I now know that a melanoma can be deadly. The staff was so great in co-ordinating my surgery and follow up appointment with an oncologist. Can't say enough great things about this office.

|  A great Doctor  |  show details
by Mary Kane on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. O'Donoghue treated me with care and kindness. There aren't many Doctors out there who treat you like a patient and not like a number. He was very attentive to my questions and provided me with thorough answers. I highly recommend this Doctor. And he is a Georgetown Hoyas fan which is always a plus!

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Alice Fernandez on Mar 18th, 2013

I'm the type that shows up to every appointment with a list of questions so it is very important for me to have a doctor that doesn't make you feel like you are messing up his schedule. Doctor O'Donoghue will take the time to answer all your questions without making you feel stupid and he seems to genuinely care about his patients and his practice. He always has the newest equipment and is always on the cutting edge of his field. The staff is helpful and friendly too.

|  What a pleasant surprise!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

I came to see Dr O'Donoghue after a friend highly recommended him. He did the most complete skin exam I have ever had. He spent a lot of time after the exam answering all my questions. He was polite and very personable. I didnt feel rushed. Since that visit i have referred several of my friends and he has been grateful for all the people I have sent. I will recommend more of my friends in the future.

|  Good & Bad  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

This is a very good doctor and I have been going to him for two years. I have sent 8 additional patients to him without so much as a thank-you or acknowlegement. Thats OK. I have waited between 10-20 minutes to see him. When I was late, one time, within a 15 minute window he greeted me by berating me. Now, I have no problem calling me out when I am late no matter the reason. But he prefaced at the end, "You are a Medicare patient and I don't get much money for taking good care of you." By the way, he said medicare not medicaid, I have great supplemental insurance along with my medicare. This was totally unprofessional. I have seen his temper before, this was not the first time. Other times he has been very compassinate. BEWARE!

|  Saved me from a lot of pain  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Dr. O'Donoghue saved me from a great deal of pain when I was diagnosed with shingles on my face. I was told by my GP that there was nothing that could be done and I would just have to let the shingles "run it's course" while suffering through the pain. Within a day the pain & lesions got worse by the hour. I saw Dr. O'Donoghue the next day and was prescribed medication. Within hours after taking the medication the lesions & pain subsided and were completely gone within 24 hours. I will be forever greatful!!

|  Working with Dermatologist Dr. O'Donoghue is a pleasure and a honor.  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

As a web developer for Dr. O'Donoghue, I have had the opportunity to work very close with him and learn a great deal about his practice.At the O'Donoghue Dermatology offices I have interacted with his highly skilled staff and Physicians assistant, all of who enjoy their work immensely and have the utmost admiration for Dr. O'Donoghue. In a way they seem more like a family than co-workers. When you visit O'Donoghue Dermatology you experience a warm welcoming atmosphere and an expert staff who share a common desire to offer their patients the finest care possible. One of the many positive remarks I have heard first hand from patients is how much they appreciate the fact that Dr. O'Donoghue will spend so much time with them and answer in great detail any questions they may have.As for Doctor O'Donoghue, I have talked with him at great length about his practice, and dermatology in general. I cannot effectively illustrate here how passionate Dr. O'Donoghue is about dermatology, and how much he genuinely cares about the health of each and every one of his patients.

|  Great dermatologist  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

I have been to many dermatologists in all my years, both here in Florida and in Illinois. Dr. ODonoghue and his PA Nate Swartz were by far the best I have seen. Their exams are the most thorough I have had and best side manner was top notch. You really feel like you have been taken good care of when you leave their office. I would recommend them to anyone!!

|  A TRUE EXPERT OF THE SKIN  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

A VERY KIND AND CARING DOCTORVERY THOROUGH, EVEN LOOKED BETWEEN MY TOES AND SCALPHIGHLY RECOMMEND

|  Best Dermatologist  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2010

Great doctor-personable and an expert in his field. Beautiful office and very friendly office staff. I highly recommend.

Aug 17th, 2010

great office and great doctor

Aug 17th, 2010

very good doctor, very personable and warm, he really cares about peoplehis staff is also very kind

Jul 21st, 2007 on yahoo.com

Caring, compassionate, personable physician: I recently had to find a Dermatologist to do a skin exam since I had several bad sunburns as a child. I called Dr. O'Donoghue after I found him by searching on Yahoo! I had a wonderful experience. His staff was

Read Full Review at yahoo.com