2.0

What's "Bedside Manner"? show details What's "Bedside Manner"?
Nov 4th, 2011

Dr. Finkelstein was not my assigned OBGYN but I ended up getting him for both my Amniocentesis test and C-section due to my doctor's absence. Usually people say Amniocentesis hurts, but I honestly didn't feel any pain when he performed it. My C-section was also successful and I had amazingly speedy recovery afterwards. I am giving him 3 stars, however, since he has the worst bedside manners I have ever seen in a physician (and I come from a third world country where bedside manners is not really a viable concept). I have never seen him smile and he acts as if uttering a word will cost him hundreds of dollars.

Misread chart, didn't order right tests show details Misread chart, didn't order right tests
Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Finkelstein was my doctor through my second miscarriage (I attempted to get an appointment with Dr. Carroll, at the same practice since I had seen her previously but I was told she was unavailable). When I asked Finkelstein about infertility testing he laughed in my face because he incorrectly read in my chart that I already have two children (really two miscarriages!). I felt a little uneasy but we cleared it up and he ordered some blood tests. Although he ordered tests for obscure clotting disorders, he didn't order a very basic test (FSH). According to him and his testing everything was normal. Nearly a year later I saw a specialist who found my FSH is terribly high. If Dr. Finkelstein had just ordered the FSH test I would have begun assisted reproductive technologies immediately. Instead my husband and I tried in vain for nine more months only to achieve a third miscarriage.

Cold and dismissive!!! show details Cold and dismissive!!!
Mar 4th, 2011

He acts as if he does not care. Cold, dismissive, does not listen to questions, or seem to want to answer them. As on OB patient, every visit seems like the first, as if he has no recollection of you. Never asks how your are feeling. The office staff is great, but the doctors are cold and pretentious.