Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 11th, 2015

I was referred to Morris Mitsunaga from the Queens ER after a serious on the job injury - Queens ER doctors told me I would require surgery and said Dr Mitsunaga was the best - - - However...I can not personally speak for what kind of doctor he is he spent the entire time he was with me sitting at a desk with his back to me scribbling notes - He never once even made an attempt to examine me - - He did however express his disagreement with what the ER doctors determined from CT scan and MRI then promptly referred me to a different doctor - - That doctor did what he could but it was not enough.....and now - almost 2 years later - I am still in pain daily and attempting to work through it - - Due to workers comp rule I was only allowed to change doctors once - As far as Dr Mitsunagas staff goes they are among the rudest and most unprofessional group of medical assistants and "nurses" I have ever come across - - Maybe they just have too much to do and are too busy - Or maybe I didn't fit into the demographic they prefer to work with... I don't know..... But one thing I do know is I will never go back to him again....not for any reason....nor will will I ever refer or recommend anyone else to see him either....

by Kunukau on Jan 14th, 2015

Very good doctor. Did a laminectomy on my spine and I can walk far again with no pain.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Rabeya T. Rumi on Feb 27th, 2013

I would definitely recommend Dr. M. Mitsunaga to my friends.

Aug 3rd, 2011

Dr. Mitsunaga is really the best doc in orthopedics. He fixed my mom's broken hip ten years ago, and she's still walking today! My mom told me I should see Dr. Mitsunaga about my chronic back pain. He was kind, caring, and took the time to talk me through both my surgical and non-surgical treatment options. Today, several years after my back surgery, I no longer have any back pain, and I'm so happy to be off of narcotics. I highly recommend Dr. Mitsunaga.

Jun 26th, 2011

Dr. Mitsunaga is an excellent physician. I have seen many other physicians for my back pain and none of them really listened to me. Dr. Mitsunaga took the time to listen to me and explain to me my diagnosis and xrays. His staff is friendly and he has great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone with an orthopedic problem or ailment because of his expertise and knowledge.

QMCSpinalPatient show details QMCSpinalPatient
Nov 12th, 2010

I cannot comment on difficulty of making an appointment with Dr. Mitsunaga since someone else did that, but waiting time was what I would expect. Accuracy in diagnosis was right on and explained very professionally. While Dr. Mitsunaga did not waste time with chit chat, which I appreciated, he did take the time to explain to me what was going on, Bedside manner was what I would expect of an excellent surgeon. There were however, one or two RN's at QMC who I thought might work on their own bedside manner though.

RN show details RN
Sep 10th, 2010

I don't think he has spent more than 5 minutes with me, during each time of my visits.I almost feel it is a waste of my time whenever I have an appointment with him. The only reason I go is to get xrays done. I have an appointment with Dr. Graham right after Dr. Mits. and thanks goes to Dr. Graham for explaining my xrays and MRI's to me and the treatment plan.Dr Mits. is an excellent surgeon, but has a terrible patient relationship.

by QMCRN on Aug 25th, 2010

Dr. Mitsunaga was such a disappointment! We had higher expectations due to his Physician of the Year award & Aloha Mission Volunteer background. He came across as an arrogant,uncaring, & untrustworthy physician. He spent less than 5mins with his initial evaluation. Please reconsider another orthopedic MD, this one has major bedside manner/ego issues. I am an RN at Queens Medical Center and would never recommend this MD to anyone! Always get a second opinion!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse