Overall Review

August 2nd, 2016
I have recently been experiencing problems with my RA in Chicago....I have gone thru so many RA doctors here, and the last one really screwed me up big time....Low & behold I end up back at Rush where I first met Dr. Papernik many years ago....I miss him so much....He was EVERYTHING to me for my RA....If he was still here, I wouldn't have gone thru so much pain and problems and would probably been able to keep my natural knees. To those patients in his area, you have truly been blessed to have such a Great Physician so close...Perhaps an Angel in medicine.

July 16th, 2016
The Best Listener Among Docs
My husband and I would agree that Dr Papernik takes the time to hear you out and then your see his mind churning, as he contemplates the best solution for said situation. He is very laid back and funny. I like the fact he often has medical students shadowing him. That speaks volumes to us. I suffered with Fibro for years, not knowing what it really was until my first visit and had my diagnosis and left the office with hope. My husband also finds him kind and a caring Dr.

January 13th, 2016
Love Dr. Papernik- miss him very much!

November 11th, 2015
I never had a doctor that really took the time to listen. He took the time to look at my blood work, listen to my symptoms, ask follow-up questions to properly diagnose me. I am so thankful to Dr Papernik. I am on my way to better health now. I had just about given up and was learning to just deal with the constant pain and issues I had. He has put me on the right path. It's hard to get an appt with him but now I know why. He is a really great doctor.

October 16th, 2015
Good luck getting an appointment.
The front office staff has an unbendable rule that they will only deal with new patient appointments after 4 p.m. If you miss their call, and call back they have turned on the answering service. They will not allow anyone else to simply make the date/time appt. (no HIPPA info) on your spouse's behalf. Good luck to you if you are a road guy or work in an office that doesn't allow you to take calls like this or if you do not work in office where you can leap from your desk or out of a meeting to take their call at the one unannounced time they deem ready to call you. It's such poor customer service I just had to write this review. Oh well, by all accounts here is really is an excellent doctor, but my husband will never know that!

April 9th, 2015
Although you may need to wait to get your first visit or he may run late for your visit, you will always feel that you are the most important thing at that moment. He has an excellent bedside manner and using the online portal he is quick to respond to any questions you have. He is the best doctor I have ever had

August 14th, 2013
The BEST Doctor!!
I was a patient of Dr. Papernik's when he was in the Chicago, IL area. After searching for a few years for a Doctor, I searched online and found him. It was quite a drive for me, but he was the first Doctor that knew how to treat my CFIDS and Fibro. He was, by far, worth the drive for me to go see. When he left IL to move to CT, I actually cried! I still haven't found a Doctor who is as informed about the illnesses and giving up hope I will ever find another Doctor like him. Not sure if you will see this Dr. Papernik, but the purple girl in Illinois misses you!!

March 6th, 2013
Best Doctor Possible
I miss Dr. Papernik. He was my physician when he had his practice in Chicago. I have had other doctors and good doctors but Dr. Papernik is the best. Dr. Papernik is kind and has expert knowledge in field not meant for primary doctor. He has helped me with my fibromyelgia. I miss him very much! Sometimes I wish I could take the trip to see him or call and consult him. God bless Dr. Papernik.

November 12th, 2012
He is the best doctor I have ever met.
My former PCP referred me to Dr. Papernit, due to his expertice in the area of fibromyalgia. My PCP is now Dr. Papernik, he is gentle, he listens, he is patient, he truely cares for his patients. Heck he cares for everyone. I could not be happier. Just wish he was on facebook so I could send him info I receive on fibromyalgia. Like the new idea of muscle relaxants to ease the discomfort of the tight muscles.

March 15th, 2012
Saw Dr. Papernik in Chicago for many years. I think he is the best doctor in the country. He knows his field better than anyone and knows how to treat his patients. Was really saddened when he left Chicago because I knew I would never find a doctor like him. Your very lucky to have him in CT. If he was two hundred miles away i would drive to see him unfortunately Ct is a little to far.

January 12th, 2012
Extremely knowledgable about fibromyalgia and CFS
Good rapport

August 25th, 2011
Caring
-Write about overall experiences:My experience has been positive. Every time I leave the office, there is something that he does that is proactive whether it is for fibro/ CFS or other symptoms.-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician:I feel comfortable about telling him what is going on. He doesn't dismiss me like other doctors.-Write about whether you would recommend:I have recommended him quite a few times.-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion:I am really glad that Dr Papernik is here in CT. He was my "last straw" doctor and he has continues to be the one I feel can help me when I don't feel well.