Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

2.0

Dec 4th, 2014

I would NEVER EVER go to this doctor again. He seemed to ask a lot of question about the problem I had, but once we left the office on Monday, it took us forever to get him to return any of my calls. I would leave a message and no one will call back. I strongly recommend to not use his services. Very unprofessional !!!

He's Not Interested show details He's Not Interested
Aug 28th, 2014

I also would not waste my time seeing this doctor. I have since seen a real pain management doctor and know what they need to know and do to evaluate a patient. I mentioned that I have scoliosis. Dr. Asghar didn't even put me on the exam table to measure my shorter leg (he probably doesn't know how). He didn't check for neural edema, or tap on any muscles in my thigh, (where my Rheumatologist said I have deficient muscle responses because my leg was severely injured in a car wreck), etc. He didn't offer to give me a cortisone shot. He didn't ask me to describe my pain's distribution. He has no interest in seeing an X-ray or sending you for an MRI. He didn't even ask to witness me walk. All he can manage is to tap on your knees. Dr. Asghar was not interested in the fact that I can't lift the toes on my right foot, or that my right foot feels like I am walking on its tendons. I described symptoms of progressive inflammatory neuropathy and arachnoiditis to him. He was only able to diagnose what a test revealed. The guy was dismissive of my symptoms and not able to intuit anything. We all know doctors you have to practically scream at to break down their arrogance. This guy is one of them. In his next lifetime, Dr. Asghar will have nerves that spasm, burn, scrape and feel like they are being yanked over hot gravel. I realize there is no real cure for any of my symptoms so his hands are tied; but he should seriously work on appearing like he's not dismissing what you tell him. At the very least he can suggest a good pain management book, pain management techniques or epsom salt soakings.

Demeaning and sarcastic show details Demeaning and sarcastic
Oct 25th, 2013

I wouldn't send someone I knew or cared about to this guy. I went for my first appointment and it was the first time I would meet him. I was referred by my family Doctor. After looking at reviews and his schooling I was a little afraid of what I was getting in to. I decided to ignore his 1 star reviews and trust my Doctor so I kept the appointment. The office wants to know before they schedule if you are willing to do injections and or surgery. I agreed and thought about it later. Can I meet him first? I'd like to trust someone first if you don't mind. He looks at my paperwork and makes faces the whole time. He begins asking me the same questions over and over as if I'm making up my pain issues. My MRI will not lie. My EMG results will not lie. He made me feel like I had every street drug available in my system. I have never been treated so badly. His accusatory attitude with all his faces and nasty comments was above and beyond rude and demeaning. I am not a Doctor. I did not prescribe myself any pain medicine or any other kind. I don't deserve to be treated badly for any reason. What a waste of time. I'm very disappointed and I'm starting all over again. This Doctor isn't Pain Management or an Anesthesiologist. I wouldn't trust him to do injections anyway. Thanks for all the snide comments! He didn't even listen to my answers. Nothing I said was right or acceptable. What a mess. I will never see him again and I will warn as many people as I can so they don't have to feel the way I did this morning.