Gastroenterologist, Otolaryngological Surgeon

Mukhtar Anees, MD
701 E Rendon Crowley Rd
Burleson, TX 76028
817-477-5500
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE  |  show details
by Patient on Jul 26th, 2013

The Doctor is ok, but the staff at the office is HORRIBLE. Unbelievably bad customer service not to mention unfriendly. The staff is impatient and does not follow up, I had to make multiple phonecalls over several weeks and never hear back from them about addressing my issue. Would not recommend anyone to go to this office.

|  Either Not Truthful or Doesn't Follow Up  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

When I went to Dr. Memon, I stressed that due to the cost - everything would have to be 'in-network'. He assured me that it would be. Instead, he sent the pathology to an 'out of network' friend. I went back and he acknowledged that he told me this. However, a year later, the pathology company is still billing me 30% (the out of network cost). I have spent hours on the telephone with CIGNA to make sure that the pathologist was in network. Since I have spent many hours on this situation, I currently rate Dr. Memon as 'untruthful' and 'fail'. Good medicine does not make up for lack of character. If you can't trust him - why risk your life with him?

|  Disappointment after ct/scan, MRI and ERCP  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

I was first referred to Dr. Memon after a ct/scan showed 'something' in my gall bladder area. He then sent me for an MRI, which showed the same things as the ct/scan: "something, but not gall stones." I was then told I should have an ERCP procedure done with a possible 'stint implant.' I had the ERCP and a 'stint' was implanted, but then came the shocker: he told my sister, an RN who went with me, that he would have to take the stint out in 6 to 8 weeks! I WAS NOT TOLD BEFOREHAND THAT THE STINT WOULD HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT! So why was it implanted in the first place? I still have the symptoms that sent me to him. I am seeing a second opinion doctor in a week to see if he would agree. One of my doctors knee jerked when I informed him that the stint would have to be removed--and that I was not told that it would have to be beforehand. He nearly fell out of his chair. It is a 'HIGH RISK' procedure anyway, and to have to go through it a second time because the stint didn't work and I wasn't informed that it might not work and would have to be taken out, forces me to post this for the betterment of my fellow male and females. GET THE SECOND OPINION BEFORE THE ERCP would be my advice.