Gastroenterologist, Otolaryngological Surgeon

3.0

Ball dropped too many times show details Ball dropped too many times
Apr 16th, 2015

I went to Dr. Memon for a colonoscopy. After my initial visit, they scheduled my colonoscopy and said they would call in the prescription for the prep a few days before the procedure. Two days before my scheduled procedure, the pharmacy still had not received the script so I called Dr. Memon's office. They did not even have me on the books!!! I was promised a call back that day or very early the next morning to let me know if they could fit me in for my scheduled day (for which I had already submitted PTO). By 10am the next day, I still had heard nothing so I called them. I talked to a different person in the office who did not seem to be aware of the issue. They finally agreed to fit me in. When I asked about the prescription, they asked me what it was for so they could call it in. I told them I wasn't sure of the brand and thought they would have that information. They didn't even know what prep they were supposed to call in for me and wanted me to tell them! At this point I was disgusted and canceled the appointment. Too many balls had been dropped and I now wouldn't trust them with correctly performing or reading a colonoscopy. It may just be the office staff, but their unprofessionalism is a very poor reflection on the doctor.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE show details TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
by Patient on Jul 26th, 2013

The Doctor is ok, but the staff at the office is HORRIBLE. Unbelievably bad customer service not to mention unfriendly. The staff is impatient and does not follow up, I had to make multiple phonecalls over several weeks and never hear back from them about addressing my issue. Would not recommend anyone to go to this office.

Either Not Truthful or Doesn't Follow Up show details Either Not Truthful or Doesn't Follow Up
Mar 25th, 2013

When I went to Dr. Memon, I stressed that due to the cost - everything would have to be 'in-network'. He assured me that it would be. Instead, he sent the pathology to an 'out of network' friend. I went back and he acknowledged that he told me this. However, a year later, the pathology company is still billing me 30% (the out of network cost). I have spent hours on the telephone with CIGNA to make sure that the pathologist was in network. Since I have spent many hours on this situation, I currently rate Dr. Memon as 'untruthful' and 'fail'. Good medicine does not make up for lack of character. If you can't trust him - why risk your life with him?

Disappointment after ct/scan, MRI and ERCP show details Disappointment after ct/scan, MRI and ERCP
Jun 24th, 2012

I was first referred to Dr. Memon after a ct/scan showed 'something' in my gall bladder area. He then sent me for an MRI, which showed the same things as the ct/scan: "something, but not gall stones." I was then told I should have an ERCP procedure done with a possible 'stint implant.' I had the ERCP and a 'stint' was implanted, but then came the shocker: he told my sister, an RN who went with me, that he would have to take the stint out in 6 to 8 weeks! I WAS NOT TOLD BEFOREHAND THAT THE STINT WOULD HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT! So why was it implanted in the first place? I still have the symptoms that sent me to him. I am seeing a second opinion doctor in a week to see if he would agree. One of my doctors knee jerked when I informed him that the stint would have to be removed--and that I was not told that it would have to be beforehand. He nearly fell out of his chair. It is a 'HIGH RISK' procedure anyway, and to have to go through it a second time because the stint didn't work and I wasn't informed that it might not work and would have to be taken out, forces me to post this for the betterment of my fellow male and females. GET THE SECOND OPINION BEFORE THE ERCP would be my advice.