Dr. Muhammad Rais MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

May 26th, 2016
Very personable

November 30th, 2015
My children have been patients of Dr. Rais for more than 6 yrs. He is a great doctor and shows a lot of concern for his patients. He always spends the necessary time with each patient.

February 23rd, 2015
Thank you for your help with my cap machine.

November 14th, 2013
Dr. Rais the only doctor I have ever been to that actually cares about his patients. I had gone through several doctors and their uninformed misdiagnosis for about 3 years when I came to Dr. Rais. Not only did he care but his compassion is evident. I've never had a doctor I can page and will call back. He took his time and he is a human like us all. I admit the wait times are long but those of us who are is regular patients understand that to give quality attention to treatment of each patient isn't a drag race. Dr. Rais gets the answers and is still continuing to help me find the answers I need for diagnosing other conditions. Out of compassion per my request he acts as my specialist and my primary care because he knows what I've been through. Overall Dr.Rais and his staff have changed my life and I'd recommend him to anyone. It's obvious he's not just out for the money.

August 13th, 2013
Excellent visit
I went for an appointment as a new patient. I spent almost two hours there for my first visit. Second visit also I spent 45 minutes. He did not rush at all and he has an excellent bedside manner. I would recommend any one to go see him. His sleep lab took marvelous. Go visit.

July 14th, 2013
Office is in shambles
My son went for his weekly Allergy shot at the office in Colonial Heights and was giving someone else's shot. We found out that the nurse did not follow correct SOP, we waited there a couple of hours and went home. Called office and told the Dr. his arm was swelling they were going to call in prescription. We called pharmacy and it was never called in, we called office everybody went home. Dr Rais called us at 9pm and asked us if we got medicine and how he was feeling. We had to tell him that it never got called in and give him pharmacy phone # again. Office called us again next morning and promised they were calling it the prescription in again, my wife went to pharmacy an hour later and they never called it in again. My wife tried to call office and they all left half day for holiday weekend???? I don't think that anybody that works in that office has a clue what they are doing. My son could have died and they just did not care. We will never go there again!!!! Please don't take your children to this office!!!!

July 10th, 2013
Worst Appointment Ever
I would suggest that you NOT go see this practice and Dr. Rais. To start off our appointment was at 4:00 at 4:45 we were called back. We were taken to one room and then moved into another room. We had a nurse at us a few questions about height and weight. When I informed her of my child’s information her response was "wow you have a fat boy", I did not appreciate that! When the doctor finally arrived to our room. His bedside manner was very cold- He was focused with something on his computer and was not talking to us. When he decided to ask us questions he was asking about his history...the child just turned one...I don’t have really any history and he kept asking the same questions though rephrasing them. His phone rang twice and he answered it twice. My time is just as important is his! When it came time look at the rash my son began to get upset and started to cry, he got so upset that he threw up and I was trying to clean up my son and calm him down and the doctor kept talking so I missed everything he said. He came across as extremely arrogant. He wanted to begin my son on creams and some kind of prescription which I missed what it was because he kept talking while I was cleaning up my son. I will not be filling any of the prescriptions and I will not be going back to see Dr. Rais!

March 27th, 2012
Relates well to kids
Dr. Rais relates well with my 12 year old son. He talks to him not "about him". He spends enough time to get answers from him,not just me. He has never made us feel rushed or that he didn't have time for us. He always explains his reasoning for any tests or medications he prescribes, as well as alternatives. Would highly recommend this doctor for allergy, asthma or pulmonary problems in a child or adolescent. New office on Alverser is bright, immaculately clean, bright & has lots of material available for you free. 5+ star doc in this Mom's opinion.

March 14th, 2012
Awesome Doctor
My son had been in to see his pediatrician about 15 times over the course of several months. They kept prescribing the same medications over and over and literally told us there was nothing they could do for him. They did recommend, however, as a last straw we go see Dr. Rais. He was very thorough in testing my son, and started him on a course of treatment that I think ultimately saved his life. He is one of the few Dr's left that actually listen and care about their patients. I would unequivocally recommend him!

June 16th, 2009
An out of office experience...
If I were feeling a lot better, I'd probably have made an even more positive review. That said, the Dr. spent a good period trying to diagnose, did allergy test, and then explaining my options. All good! On the downside, it is really hard to get an appointment (almost a month for my first) and he don't appear to be in the same office all week, which makes followup difficult.

August 27th, 2008
Dr.Rais
Dr.Rais is the best doctor anybody could ever have! He is amazing with my kids and we all enjoy him very much. He helped my daughter get better a lot quicker than the other doctors I've tried. He is funny, GREAT with kids, and overall WONDERFUL!!!!! W e love you Dr. Rais!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4th, 2017