Dr. Muhammad Shamsi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 6th, 2016
wonderful dr! wouldnt change a thing!
Dr Shamsi is very professional and courteous and does care about the well-being of his patients!

February 11th, 2016
Where do I begin? Dr. Shamsi has absolutely no bedside manner. The daytime secretarial staff's "customer service" is a lot to be desired. They are either really miserable at their place of employment or just lack people skills.The evening staff is a lot nicer and are a lot easier to talk to. If you are expecting to be treated as a patient, you are in for a rude awakening. At first, I was very satisfied with Dr. Shamsi and the medication he put me on. While I am still satisfied with the medication, I've come to realize that he sees his patients as money signs. If he puts you on a medication and you don't like it or have bad reactions to it, he will NOT call something else in for you (non-narcotic included). It doesn't matter if your appointment was two days prior, you have to make ANOTHER appointment, pay ANOTHER appointment co-pay, and then pay ANOTHER co-pay for the new medication. He does *NOT* care if you can afford it or not. While you want to believe that he cares for your well-being, at the end of the day you are merely just a paycheck. $40-$50 co-pay for a 10 minute wait in the waiting room and a two and a half minute appointment. Find someone who will care for YOU and your well-being.

December 4th, 2015
Dr. Shamsi and His wonderful Staff have been treating my son for a year. I would recommend his office to any high school student who suffers from depression.

October 27th, 2015
Please Read
This doctor had no bedside manner and has left my loved one hanging in a major depression. Unwilling to answer questions or make adjustment to meds. Makes you pay to get your scrips instead of calling them into the pharmacy (not controlled substance). Creepy

October 19th, 2015
Stay Clear
Bad Doctor Stay Away

August 5th, 2015
This office charges cancellation fees without any questions. Do not schedule appointment if you have any doubt.

June 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
I was diagnosed by Dr. Shamsi with bipolar back in 2008 after two prior Doctors not having a correct diagnoses. I have suffered with bipolar since I was 16 years old. I am now 53 years old. It took 7 years of trial and error to get me somewhat stable and it would have been impossible without Dr. Shamsi. I would recommend him if you have mental disorders and do not use street drugs or alcohol which make the condition worse! Best of luck to you and hang in there you will find the correct meds. I also recommend a therapist

February 4th, 2015
Time to move on!
My Dr retired and I was transferred to Dr Shamsi. At first he diagnosed me as Bi -Polar and changed my Meds. I immediately went into a very deep depression. Ended up having to admit myself to the Hospital. The Dr has no affiliations with any Hospitals and would not even make a phone call to get me admitted. After receiving ECT which worked wonderfully the Staff Physiatrist put me on a regime of medications that have worked fairly well for a # of years. Lately I have experienced a few episodes of Depression and all Dr Shamsi does is to increase the doses of these Meds and say eventually you will feel better? Well the Meds are not working anymore(it is very obvious@ this time) so it is Time to change Physicians and get someone who is willing to work with me and listen, just not spend 5 minutes and increase meds that are no longer working. I asked if we should try another Med, but that may take him more than the 5 minutes you get to look up the dosage.

February 3rd, 2015
Has been nothing but a pro.
I transferred from Jersey psychiatrist and have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Shamsi. He has made it a comfortable transition and has been a total professional in my case. Has listened to my concerns about particular medications and addressed them accordingly. Support staff is fantastic and always available to help me with scripts, etc. Highly recommended.

September 9th, 2014
Pass on this doctor!
IMHO -This doctor prescribes his patients strong meds.(which is sometimes needed) But, when the patient is still not well he keeps adding more and more meds, without stopping the previous meds. He doesn't go by how the patient is feeling (side effects, etc.)he goes by what is the standard dosage recommended in his literature. Some patients are overly medicated and feeling worse off when they started.He is not attuned to side effects of the meds and just rights off any new (side effect)symptoms as underlying condition. He has no respect for the meds he prescribes. Please be your own advocate and don't sit by passively! His thinking must be more is better. Find someone else who will listen to your concerns and work with you not against you. This doctor led some patients to the psych ward, who had to undo the mess he had created with all the meds. He parks his mercedes right at entrance and does his 9 to 5 job for the $$$. I don't believe he is serious about his occupation or the "do no harm" oath.

January 24th, 2014
Qualified and Professional
I met with the physician yesterday and felt that he was extremely professional and thorough with his assessments. I am also a professional and wasn't interested in the fluffy crap that usually comes with these types of practitioner's so for me he was perfect. Direct, factual and highly knowledgeable to say the least. Courteous and soft spoken which was helpful for my child as well. Fully answered my as well as my child's questions and didn't rush us out whatsoever.

November 11th, 2011
Rude!
Dr. Shamsi would not listen to my complaints of the medicine which he prescibed to me. It made me mentally and physically ill after several weeks and months and Dr. Shamsi would not listen to my plea for a different medicine. He also prescribed me 2 prescriptions with no warning that they should not be taken together. I had to hear from CVS (not my own psychiatrist!) that the combination of the pills prescribed could be deadly. Dr. Shamsi was personable as long as I did exactly what he wanted, but he was very rude and egotistical when I told him the medicines weren't working for me.