Dr. Muhammad Salim MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 15 reviews

May 26th, 2016
Bad care experience
Whatever you do, DO NOT GO HERE if you value a quality care experience. While Dr. Salim is kind and seems to know his stuff, his appointments are extremely rushed and disorganized. On one occasion, he had several medical students (I'm guessing?) in my appointment just observing, but did not ask if this was okay with me or even tell me who they were or why they were there. I was discussing very personal health-related issues, and it was frankly uncomfortable and embarrassing. Additionally, his office staff is brief bordering on rude, and EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED. Good luck trying to get an order for a test or your lab results, ever. I have left message after message without followup on enough occasions that I have decided to leave Dr. Salim's practice and find a new pulmonologist.

November 19th, 2015
Dr. Salim saved my life. After getting to know him he is like family to me.

June 5th, 2015
Did sleep study, Diagnosed Sleep Apnea with restless leg syndrome, got me setup with a CPAP and meds for my leg twitches and doing much better. Great doctor, caring and informative. When I lost my insurance his office gave me a complete patient history for future reference. Spends the needed time with his patients. I recommend this "Texas Cowboy" doctor to every one( he used to wear cowboy boots in the office, for the reals!).

April 8th, 2015
I called this morning to confirm my appointment time and they informed me that I had not yet met my deductible and because my insurance pays 90% I would need to pay the remaining amount of the deductible and the 10% today. Glad I called to make sure I could pay for all of that. They lost my chart saw 3 patients that came in after me so I waited 90 minutes to be seen they did not have my records or sleep study. They bickered about whose fault it was because I had to wait so long. He asked me if I was a diabetic about 15 times and repeated some questions over and over again. When he asked someone for my sleep study she tried pulling up on the laptop that he was dragging around and closed him out of something and said oops I hope he saved that otherwise he is going to need to ask you all of those questions all over again. I was not amused. There was a medical student with him he made no introductions and did not ask for my permission for her to sit in on the exam. The only reason why I knew she was a medical student was because she had a photo badge. During the consultation he asked if I wanted an inhaler and I asked him if my breathing was abnormal and so he said lets check the test. Not a good feeling and at one point asked me what I wanted from him. I really hope that this is not the norm for this office. However, after spending $200 and 4 hours away from work I will not return to this office.

December 17th, 2014
Great Doc!
Dr. Salim is knowledgeable, attentive, compassionate and caring! He is everything that you could want in a doctor or specialist. He took the time to answer every question that I had and ensure that I was comfortable with everything. I would encourage anyone needing a pulmonologist in the East Valley to make an appointment with Dr. Salim

August 9th, 2013
patient
We trust and appreciate Dr Salim.

July 17th, 2013
Dr. Salim Listens
Dr. Salim always spends an appropriate amount of time with me and listens to my questions and concerns. He responds to my concerns in plain langue without condescension. The wait times for Dr. Salim can be long, but he is a specialist with a lot of patients, and he doesn't short-change them on time.

July 12th, 2013
Good first visit
I had a very good first visit. Dr. Salim was very friendly and took the time to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend him to others. I cannot yet respond to the follow up question as I had my first visit with him today.

July 11th, 2013
Experience was good.
I would recomend Dr Salim to my friends.

October 28th, 2011
"Insurance Mining Operation" review is SPOT ON!
I WAS a patient of Dr. Salim, but after several poor experiences with him and his staff, I will not be going back. The reviewer who wrote that his practice is "nothing more than an insurance mining operation" said EXACTLY what I was going to write, so it makes me feel better than I am not the only one who noticed. The waiting room filled with cheap furniture, blank walls, no decor WHATSOEVER, old magazines...well, that should have been my first clue. The waiting room SCREAMS "cheap!" His staff is indeed, VERY 'antiseptic.' They seem to be very focused on your insurance! The 'examination room' where I saw him every time I was there (4 times) had a HUGE metal desk, a few chairs, and a bunch of boxes...it looks like they just moved in. VERY cramped, austere, and not at all inviting. Just as the other poster wrote, he doesn't seem to be concerned about anything but booking your next appointment. He doesn't listen, and seems to already have his mind made up about you and/or your health situation before he even walks in the room. He doesn't look you in the eye, ask if you have any questions...I mean, it doesn't get much worse as far as doctors go. As far as the 'positive reviews' here, they are the EXACT same reviews that I've seen on other sites! So obviously, someone is shilling for him. Judging by the grammar, content and punctuation of these 'positive' reviews, it is obvious that they were written by someone whose first language is NOT English! I would bet my bottom dollar that they were written by either the Dr. himself, his family, or his office staff. Do yourself a favor, and find another specialist. Dr. Salim is NOT a good doctor. Period.

November 12th, 2010
Best experience I have had
I have had Dr. Salim as a doctor for many years, both in his old and new office. He has always been a doctor in every respect to me, asking me about my life in general as well as my health. Anytime I had a complaint he immediately addressed it accurately and succinctly. I have not had a regular doctor before him, as I have a pulmonary condition, but he left a very admirable impression and made me feel like more than just his job.

October 12th, 2010
great physician, would reccomend to everybody