A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mukesh Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mukesh Patel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Patel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Patel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans