Dr. Mukesh Bhatt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mukesh Bhatt?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 30th, 2011

Tamoxifen and cirrhosis

I started taking Tamoxifen 4 3/4 years ago for a pre-cancerous breast leasion issue. The 5 year Tamoxifen protocol was suggested by my surgeon and I was given a referral to Dr. Bhatt.Because of a strong family history of breast cancer, I was very concerned and anxious about my situation. Early on with Dr. Bhatt I voiced my concerns and he told me that I really had nothing to worry about. He said he was treating many clients who were in worse situations than I was! I felt as if I had just had my hand slapped! Dr. Bhatt knew that I was also being treated for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. He never voiced concern regarding the affect of tamoxifen on the liver. While seeing Dr. Bhatt, he would have blood taken from me and tested. I repeatedly asked him to have the test results sent to my gastroenterologist and my internist and I thought this was complied with until just a month ago when I found that no test results had been forwarded as I had requested.My gastroenterologist received a red blood platelet test from my internist and was concerned that the results were below the normal limit. A subsequent test, a few weeks later, showed another drop. Dr. Bhatt's test results included a red platelt count that could have alerted problems with my liver sooner.My gastroenterologist performed an upper GI on me and found esophageal varicies which are an indication of hypertension in the portal vein which results from blood backing out of the liver. I was sent for a liver biopsy which confirmed stage 3-4 cirrhosis. I was told tamoxifen was very hard on the liver and could be toxic to it. I stopped taking the drug 3 months shy of the 5 year protocol. In researching tamoxifen and its severe side effects, I found I had exhibited a number of them from the beginning of 2011. I am now almost 6 weeks tamoxifen free and feeling much better. I still have cirrhosis; but, the blood tests, CT scan and liver ultrasound have come back normal.My last visit with Dr. Bhatt was basically me telling him all that has happened to me. He seemed reluctant to concede that tamoxifen would have caused cirrhosis. He did say that in all the patients he's seen in his practice, not one of them had a reaction to tamoxifen as I did nor did he know of any patient developing cirrhosis while taking tamoxifen! The Internet is full of articles and blogs stating that there is a causal factor; but, Dr. Bhatt has not heard of it!My gastroenterologist has saved my life. I only hope the damage done to my liver from the tamoxifen will ease and maybe even get a bit better. Apparently once cirrhosis develops in the liver, it cannot be reversed. Maybe the remaining 'good' liver cells can handle the rest of what remains of my life.

July 28th, 2011

bgfffg

the previous comments about his bedside manner and his office taff are completely accurate.

June 30th, 2011

UR aWESOME!

June 5th, 2011

This report is totally false. He is not 27 years old. He and his staff are totally unprofessional, rude, and uncaring. Patients can not reach the office, procedures are scheduled without informing the patient when or why they are being scheduled. No questions are answered and when questions are asked patient is told I already answerd that. If you want complete stress added to a condition that noone is ever ready to deal with, go to Dr. Bhatt. He and his office will surely make it a nightmare!!!!!!!!!

December 18th, 2009

Patient

I would rather die than go back here. They turned me over to collections for a negligible balance, i.e., less than $200 after my insurance paid them ...

May 3rd, 2017