Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Specialist
1305 York Ave
5th Floor
New York, NY 10021
(646) 962-2216
Locations and availability (5)

2.0

• Currently 2.0449438202247 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not going back  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2013

He was very arrogant and showed not a single ounce of sympathy. He is not a caring individual in any way and I will not go back.

|  show details
by pt on Nov 18th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Presad for 5 years. He has treated both my husband and myself. Words are inadequate to describe the respect and gratitude I have for him. He has been deeply caring, a good listener and is the best surgeon I have ever encountered. For someone so accomplished and so competent, so skilled and with so many responsibilities, I have always found him to be completely caring and kind and humble. He is a true gift.

|  cured  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2013

After years of serious lung infections I was referred to Dr. Prasad. I had sinus surgery and the result was not only could I breathe but the lung infections went away. Dr. Prasad is not only a highly skilled surgeon but he treats each patient in a manner that is rarely seen in medicine. He manages to balance the traits of an incredibly skilled surgeon with a that of the caring family practitioner of my childhood. If one has an ENT issue, I couldn't recommend Dr. Prasad more highly. If one is looking for not only an incredibly qualified and sensitive ENT, but a staff that is tremendously competent as well, you couldn't be more fortunate to find Dr. Prasad's practice.

|  Unprofessional and unethical behaviour  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

I previously wrote a review on this doctor but for some reason my review was taken off Yelp. As I previously stated I sincerely believe that this doctor has a basic demeaning behaviour towards me. I happen to be middle-eastern and the first question he asked me was "HOW DID YOU FIND ME?". To be completely honest, it was a humiliating experience for me to be there. The whole session was less than five minutes and it felt like he was interrogating me. I did not see this doctor recently but to be completely honest it was one of the worst experiences I have had seeing a doctor. His behavior was uncalled for and I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. He was full of himself. When I wrote the review he personally joined yelp and responded to me saying the he was the victim of racial discrimination himself so I understand why he would treat me in the same way if he himself was discriminated against. I will never go back to Cornell again. I will also try to contact the chairman of the department regarding this inappropriate behaviour.

|  Treat you like family  |  show details
by J on Sep 6th, 2013

If you are looking for the BEST ENT, look no more, Dr Prasad is your doctor. I had sinus infections and ear aches for more than 25 years but not anymore. The infections were constant. They were so painful that I needed to numb my face with an ice pack in order to endure the pain. I was constantly taking antibiotics, 5 or 6 times a year. Flying was unbearable because of the pain in my ears and I always ended up with another sinus infection. I couldn't sleep well and was constantly blowing my nose. Dr. Prasad was able to get to the root of the problem and determine what was causing the infections. I had a very successful surgery on May 2012. I feel like a new person. I breathe like I never did before in my life. This has had an amazing impact on my sleeping and cardiovascular exercises. Dr. Prasad is not only well trained and a good doctor but he is a wonderful human being. He cares about his patients and he makes sure that the people who work with him do the same.

|  couldn't have been better experience  |  show details
by AL on Sep 6th, 2013

From start to finish, I have always had a great experience with Dr. Prasad. He runs his office like a fine-tuned machine; from the people who handle his phones, to his attention during his consultation, to availability between appointments. He has helped not only me but so many (5) in my family and many more friends--even with non-ENT issues he is our go-to guy!

|  Life changer  |  show details
by J on Sep 6th, 2013

Dr. Prasad is wonderful. My surgery has been life-changing. I am so grateful to him and everyone at this clinic for the exceptional care I received!

|  I hate the hair transplant  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2013

And his behaviour which is just too arrogant and self-serving.

|  Not a happy camper  |  show details
by John S. on Aug 25th, 2013

He was not really interested in hearing what I had to say.

|  Terrible visit  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2013

I will not recommend this physician.

|  Not a normal physician in any sense  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

Okay, he wants to make money. He has his hair transplant done already. That should tell you right off the bat, he is there for the dough. He tried to belittle me and discriminated against me. It was not blatantly obvious but I have been around for some time now and know when I see someone who is biased. He himself told me that he was discriminated against. But that does not stop him from discriminating against others. So my advice to you is to see another doctor to save some time and money. Do not read the hype. I wish I had not seen him because this was the most humiliating experience I have had ever. I will not go into specifics. But read my post here, I will not go back there again. I will report him as well.

|  5 star  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2013

Dr. Prasad and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and very attentive to patient needs. I have always felt that my best interests and well-being was priority number 1!

|  Nightmare  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

Horrible experience

|  Horrible visit  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

He's just beyond reproach

|  Terrible experience  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

So I wound up with a rushed and Dr. Prasad saddled me with a $250 bill even though he said he wouldn't charge for the second session and the x-ray he wasn't supposed to do. All the while he examines you , Dr. Prasad talks about how little patients can afford to pay, and how he would do different things, and how much treatments cost. He seems like a sales person, not a doctor--I was actually compelled to check his board license with NY's records (it *is* there, so that' part is okay.) But I've never met a less professional doctor in my life. ENT is a branch of medicine, it's not a car dealership where you get upsold for more options. I felt that Dr. Prasad. looked at his clinic as a moneymaking opportunity, not a medical practice concerned with people's health. Obviously, I didn't go back.

|  Horrible attitude  |  show details

Won't recommend

|  He's just too arrogant  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2013

Never going again

|  I did not have a pleasant interaction  |  show details
by Lisa on Jun 4th, 2013

Do not recommend either.

|  great experience  |  show details
by happy pt on May 17th, 2013

excellent personality and right on with my diagnosis, all the way through my successful surgery. I can breathe again!

|  Not what I expected  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

Will not recommend at all

|  He is a biased physicians and behaved condescendingly towards me, I felt humiliated  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

Won't go again

|  absolutely a terrible person  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

horrible comments, he is just the worst doctor you can ever see. Don't go there, he is just a nightmare.

|  perfect doctor for me  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2012

has been taking care of me for years and helped me beat my cancer--I felt like I had the best of support in him with top notch medical guidance. Came recommended by a top doctor and now I ask him about any of medical concerns and he happily helps point me in the right direction. Can't recommend him enough.

|  Full of himself  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Horrible attitude. Lisa L.

|  Absolutely horrible bedside manner and terrible attitude  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

He3 has this condescending attitude towards his staff and has a subtle degrading attitude towards me personally. He felts as if he was doing me a huge favor by seeing me and that he was doing me a HUGE personal favor for spending more than five minutes with me. His demeanor portrays someone who is actually full of himself and he makes sure to let you know he doesn't have that much time for you. After asking him a few questions he seemed irritated and just wanted to go on to see his next patient. I will not see a doctor who is trying to rush me out the door and I happen to be educated as well. He did not listen to what I had to say and actually offended me. I will personally let my family and friends know that this person is not friendly towards his patient and I will try to contact the chairman of the department regarding his attitude. This kind of attitude and manners should not take place in any clinical setting. I don't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

|  best doctor I have  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

Dr. Prasad and his team have taken care of me for years with his dedicated service and personalized attention--he now takes care of my whole family (3 generations). He cares about his patients and it shows in his work!

|  wonderful surgeon  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

great experience with wonderful surgical results. always efficient and amazingly usually runs on time.

|  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE MANNERS AND FULL OF HIMSELF  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU WANT TO BE RUSHED OUT THE DOOR.

|  great care  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

I was taken care of all the way from diagnosis through surgery.

|  .  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2010

really good experience.

|  I'm cured  |  show details
by Cured on Jun 26th, 2010

Dr. Prasad did what others before him had not--he met me and with a few tests was able to understand exactly what was wrong with me and then gave me the medicines to get me better. Wish I had gone to him earlier!

|  great experience  |  show details
by grateful patient on Jun 24th, 2010

Dr. Prasad helped me with my sinus and ear problems where others had failed. He is caring and really efficient at getting me in to the right tests and then solving my problem.

|  Best doctor ever  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2010

Dr Prasad is incredible. I was constantly in and out of the hospital as a kid and teenager with sports injuries and strep throat. When ER doctors at NY Hospital seemed passive, my Primary Care physician, who is also the man, recomended and booked me an appointment with Dr. Prasad. Dr Prasad immediately saw me and told me that I had an abcess on my tonsil. The way he carried this was very impressive. He gave me the truth and said that it was not going to be fun. 10 minutes later I had a scalpal in my throat and blood/puss flying everywhere. However, I felt better minutes later. But, what really stood out about this man, is that he called my mother, who was away in Chicago and let her know what happend. He said, "if this was my son, I'd hop on the next flight back to NYC." He's a parent and understands these things. He calls to follow up and doesn't beat around the bush. He is the best at what he does and cares about his patients.

|  excellence  |  show details
by grateful patient on May 4th, 2009

really good doctor and staff. recommended all of my family with ent issues to him and even call him to ask about other medical issues. he's always open to my questions even when it comes to picking out an ob or cardiologist for my family members.

|  show details
by anonymous on Sep 5th, 2008

excellent facilities and staff, very easy to schedule appt., office always calls to remind of upcoming appts. - seems like a kind person and competent physician. bedside manner somewhat dismissive, was mainly interested in ruling out severe causes of my problem, after that not helpful in assisting with further symptoms.