Dr. Mukund Gundanna Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mukund Gundanna?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Mukund Gundanna?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2016

He did my back surgery and it's been nine years and gave me a new life

February 10th, 2016

This doctor is very efficient. I like his personality and he smiles. Something most doctors don't do. Very little wait time in office. He done an excellent job on fixing my disc.

June 1st, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Truly cares about his Patients. Very Intelligent Doctor. Preformed surgery on myself with great outcome. Confidence in Dr. Gundanna so well that he has also preformed surgery on my child.

May 15th, 2015

Patient

The only significant time Dr. Gundanna spent with me was when my husband came with me on my visits. I was not having any relief at the time of my follow-up. During that visit I was told he was out of the country. I have no idea who I saw in the examination room, but she pretty much told me they were through with me. Later, still no relief, I attempted to make another appointment with Dr. Gundanna. Again, I saw the same woman & out in front of the desk she told me there was nothing else they could do for me. Never saw the Dr. again after my time in the hospital when I had the surgery (when he pronounced it a success). I now have a neurostimulator, constant pain, and take pain meds. By the way, when my wounds healed, I was left with five inch scars on both sides of my spine. When my pain management doctor saw the scars he told me that I really had a job done on my back...

March 27th, 2014

I got my life back!

After surgery with Dr. Gundanna, I got my life back! He is an incredible doctor. I cannot say enough good things about him. I had endured terrible pain in my back and hip for months which had significantly impacted my quality of life. After surgery and a relatively short rehab period, I was able to do the various activities that I enjoy pain-free. Frankly, I am shocked at some of the unfavorable reviews I saw here and wonder if those folks are even talking about the same doctor. Dr. Gundanna was highly recommended to me by another very satisfied patient. I am certainly glad that I choose him as my surgeon. Of course, no one wants to have surgery, but this was the best option for me, and the entire experience with Dr. Gundanna could not have gone better. Not only is he an extremely skilled surgeon, but also has an excellent bedside manner, patiently answered my many questions, and was committed to my complete recovery.

October 13th, 2011

Great Doctor! Great results

I am not sure what the earlier reviews are talking about. Sounds like some disgruntled patient.I got recommended to him by my friend. He was very knowledgeable. He was very patient and had the best bedside manners in any doctor I have seen in town.He took a genuine interest in understanding my problems and this explanation was very clear for me and my family to understand. I have had excellent results with him. I recommend him to all our friends.

June 1st, 2011

Couldn't Disagree More...

The comments below don't acurately describe my visit at all. Maybe there have been more additions to the field, in terms of neurosurgeons in College Station, since those last comments were posted, but I didn't feel as though I was rushed through the process at all. The wait time wasn't any worse than most Drs offices I've gone to, and when he saw me, I felt like he had all day for me, if I needed it. He was very detailed in his explaination of my problem, but layed it out in a manner that was easy to understand, he answered all of my questions thoroughly, he gave me numerous options for treatment, as well as his recommendation for what was best (and it wasn't the most expensive one, which leads me to believe he's not just in it for the money), he seemed to genuinely care about my safety regarding the procedure, and, above all, he was very pleasant and friendly. His office staff and nurse were a little aggressive and off-putting, which worried me at first, since the Dr I'd gotten my 1st opinion from was TERRIBLE, but Dr. Gundanna was affable and accomodating. He has the best bedside manner of any other surgeon I've seen, and I'd recommend him to anyone in town.

March 14th, 2011

spine surgery?

Take this advice! LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A NUERO SURGEON IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING OR NEED ANY TYPE OF BACK SURGERY NEAR YOUR SPINE!!!! DAMAGES ARE NOT EASY TO REPAIR. AND DANGEROUS TO LIFE> NEEED I SAY MORE!!!

January 8th, 2011

quality of care

Dr. Gundanna is rushed,brusque, and difficult to schedule in a timely manner. I am a health care professional. When I did not progress very well in my recovery after surgery he referred me to another doc. I am looking into doctors in other cities. I am sorry I had this surgery on my lower spine. I was doing better before I had it.

December 28th, 2010

Don't go here. Find a better doctor

1. Doesn't take time to ask the patients problem etc.. Simply: If patient says neck pain. Ok. X-ray kind of doctor.2. Doesn't show up quickly in the waiting room after nurse takes the B.P etc..3. For a neck pain he said i have problem with shoulder. and asked to get x-ray.4. Doesn't clear the patients doubts and easily gets irritated with patients questions and responds rudely. 5. I have to ask him to prescribe medicines rather than he does it.6. He doesn't tell how much it cost for an injection or other things here.. we have to wait for the surprise. Overall, My experience here says i would never go back here.

December 2nd, 2010

Terrible...

After reading the other reviews I could not agree more. This doctor spoke about my condition in the middle of the hallway in front of staff and other patients. Then I heard him doing the same thing to the next guy in line on my way out of left the office! Propriety? In and out as fast as possible, he looked me over, gave his opinion then just got up and walked out, I thought he was coming back until I overheard him in the next room with a new patient I guess my appointment was over. I never had the opportunity to mention my concerns, or to ask a single question he was in such a rush I felt bad for interrupting his day! Sadly I spent much more time in the waiting room than with the Doctor.I felt the same way I did at my mechanics shop when he was trying to sell me an engine overhaul - only my mechanic spent more time with me and he had a better bedside manner. Terrible...

October 20th, 2010

I wish there were other options...

I visited Dr. Gundanna twice for a back problem as he is currently the only specialist in town. Unfortunately, the appointments were rushed and I felt I was not being heard. The cavalier attitude of the Dr. and diagnosis left me unconvinced about the quality of care. And so now I drive 2 hours to see the next closest specialist in Austin or Houston but the improved attention and follow up is reassuring and certainly worth the drive.