Dr. Munaf Shamji MD, FACC Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2016
Incompetent Cardiologist Office, Medical Mill
First to Review I went to my internist a couple of months ago who told me that I had had a heart attack. Obviously, I was concerned, to say the least. He referred me to Munaf Shamji, this cardioloist. I had to wait to see him for a month. During that time I did not get any exercise, did not go swimming or other activities that would strain my heart. When Dr. Sanji saw me he spent about 3 minutes with me and then told me to come back in another month to get an echo with stress test to identify the defect in my heart. So I went another month worrying about my heart attacks, staying away from anything that would stress my heart. I was given a 4:00 appointment and I showed up at 3:30. I was told that my appointment was cancelled and that it was my fault for having failed to answer 1 telephone call the previous day, then I was told that I couldn't get the exam because my papers were wrong. Then, after speaking to the office manager, I was told that it was their fault, specifically that they were short of technicians. My estimation is that this is a medical mill, where they just try to fit many more people in to their office than their office can stand and they just try to maximize profits at the patient's expense, both in wasted time and in terms of the patient's health. When it takes a month to see a cardiologist after a heart attack and then another month to schedule an echocardiogram stress test, in my opinion they put their patients health at risk. I believe they have put my health at risk. All I wanted was for him to do his job like a competent physician. It is incompetent to make a heart attack patient to wait for two months to get a simple test. I might have died in the interim. It is only because I didn't that I can write this Vitals comment.

July 25th, 2013
Patient
Forget this place. I was scheduled for an ultra sound of my heart by my doctor and given the EKG tape to show them. When I arrived to see Dr. Shamji, they ignored my EKG tape and a couple rude girls put me on an EKG and then I waited twenty minutes for Dr. Samji to show up and he just asked me information about what I did for a living, how many kids I had, etc. Listened to my heart for five seconds. When I asked about the ultra sound, he said he would schedule it. He obviously just wanted to bill the insurance company for an EKG and needless consultation. He also farmed personal information so they can sell lists. Ok, I decided to stick it out anyway and was polite. The people in front wrote the wrong date on my appt card so I tried to call them for the correct date when I got home and noticed it. The phones were answered with "We're busy there's one person ahead of you, please hold." click. I waited twenty minutes each time and called back four times over the next two days before giving up. Then the day before my appt. they called to remind me. I said in a polite tone: "Oh, it's tomorrow, because the date is written down wrong and I tried to call but..." I was interrupted. "We're sorry about that, are you coming tomorrow." But you didn't wait until I was done...Interrupted again, "Are you coming tomorrow or not, sir?" No, I'm not. Screw you. When I saw my doctor next, I told him to schedule my echocardiogram with someone else. I'm paying for their service and I'm not going to be treated that way by some punk kids. Shame on the doctor for over billing the insurance company and shame on their rude staff. Don't go there, ask your doctor to schedule you for someplace else.

August 3rd, 2012
Dr. Shamji is an exceptional cardiologist. He is aggressive in handling health related disorders to maintain good heart health (e.g. blood pressure and high cholesterol). Sadly, his office staff often falls short when completing routine but important tasks, such as obtaining and documenting outside diagnostics and providing the pharmacy with prescription renewal information.

June 11th, 2012
Dr Shamji's office staff is the most incompetent I have ever seen. Besides their rude and inapropriate tone and attitude over the phone, they also failed to fax over all the necessary text result over to the primary care physician. There is no office manager, no accountability for who's responsible for the paperwork getting over to the right place, and the human factor is completely missing from their voice.

November 6th, 2011
Fantastic doctor--great bedside manner--highly recommand him.

May 21st, 2011
Not always around when you need him.

January 27th, 2009
We are greatful for this doctor's skill
He performed an emergency angioplasty and placed a stent in an artery which was 99% blocked. He explained everything carefully to the patient and to me, the patient's wife. He is confident, but was humble when we thanked him for saving my husband's life.

March 19th, 2017