Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Apr 14th, 2015

Dr. Gowda really is the best!!!!!!!

Worst Service I've Ever Experienced show details Worst Service I've Ever Experienced
Mar 13th, 2015

Let me start off by saying I've experienced bad service before, but have never been compelled to write a negative review until my visit today at Dr. Gowda's office. Not only did I have to wait 45 minutes in the waiting room, but when my name was called by the nurse, I then had to wait an additional ten minutes in the room. I then spoke to the nurse who knew I was there for a juvaderm procedure. She was unable to answer the most simple questions such as, how much a syringe of Juvaderm would cost. After she left me waiting again for ten more minutes to figure out the cost, she told me the price of $500 and I accepted - no problem. After that she left again, then came back to let me know that the doctor could not see me today because "it was late" and "he would have to be here for longer than expected." I received an insincere apology, and was asked if I would "Just schedule another appointment". I took half the day off of work to see the doctor and was willing to pay whatever for the procedure, was very easy going and understanding to the entire situation up until that point. The staff is unprofessional and simply do not care about Dr. Gowda's patients or have any consideration for their time. On top of that, I came into the office with the staff knowing that I was referred by my father among MANY other family members. I will make SURE that they never see Dr. Gowda's office again. I will spread the word to many others as well about how terrible this visit was. How this doctor allows his staff to treat patients this way is beyond me. I am surprised that he is still in business. Trust me, you do not want to see a doctor or staff that exhibits behaviors of carelessness and lack of knowledge in their area. If you care at all about your time, you will not bother with making an appointment nor consider Dr. Gowda's office. His work is not even exceptional enough to wait that long, which is even if you are able to get the procedure completed. There is nothing unique or special about his work for the service to be this poor...because I could even understand a patient willing to let a few things slide with the staff if the surgeon was immaculate. Don't bother yourself...you will leave distressed, bothered, and in worse shape than you were entering the building.

Feb 10th, 2015

After he did sugery on my brest there was a dent in the musle

1 hr & 20 min wait time and then asked to reschedule! show details 1 hr & 20 min wait time and then asked to reschedule!
by Bad Experience at Novi on Dec 30th, 2014

Very disappointed with Dr. Gowda and staff. I had a consultation scheduled months in advance. On the day of the appointment, I was asked to come in early to accommodate his schedule. I waited 1 hr and 20 minutes in the office without any update from the receptionist. When I asked the receptionist if she would provide me with an update, she said that all she knows is that Dr. Gowda is running "way behind." She then went on to add that if I can no longer wait that I should reschedule. I walked out and have taken my business elsewhere. Don’t waste your time with Dr. Gowda and staff – they don’t value your time…

Nov 23rd, 2014

Went in for my consultation for a tummy tuck. The initial phone call was great staff was very informative. When i came in for my consult in Novi office did have to wait a little but thats ok. Met with the doctor he explained the procedure to me and examined me he was a little hard to understand but the nurse in the room made sure i understood she was even kind enough to show me her results! I received my quote from another employee who also told me of her experience. I was ready to book my surgery when i was checking out i over heard the dr talking to one of the staff he was very rude to her! If you cant be respectful to your own staff i dont want you doing surgery on me! Shame on you Dr. Gowda you are the reason i went somewhere else for my surgery!

BEST COSMETIC SURGEON show details BEST COSMETIC SURGEON
by Maria on Mar 27th, 2014

I had my tummy tuck and lipo suction done by Dr. Gowda, he did a great job. I got so many compliments and very very happy with the outcome. He really took his time because he wants everything done right. Dr Gowda treated me well, I remember he even met me and my husband at his office on a Saturday afternoon, when he is not supposed to be working. He opened the clinic just to check my incision and remove the bag. He could have waited Monday, but he truly cares for his patient, he wants to make sure everything is okay with me. What a great guy! I highly recommend him to anybody.

Unfortunate choice. show details Unfortunate choice.
Mar 1st, 2014

My breast augmentation looks terrible. My breasts are misshapen and uneven. I do not feel confident about my body naked, when I was never uncofident prior to surgery. Dr Gowda told me that I was being picky and that this was as good as they were going to look because I had "malformed" breasts originally. I got a second opinion from another highly recognized surgeon who said it was definitely fixable and that there was a certain technique that would have prevented the entire issue. It would cost $10,000 to have the revision surgery, nearly twice what I paid for the actual surgery. Even if Dr Gowda would agree to fix it, I wouldn't trust him to operate on my body again. I am 24 years old and have to live with this poor decision on my belahf and his until I can come up with 10k to fix it.

by annonomous on Nov 24th, 2013

A rude doctor. rude bedside manners. treats staff horribly and buts them down and belittles them His nurse Kelly is an idiot and a pretends like she is nice but she is a horrible person. had laser done there and have streaks all over my face.

Jul 1st, 2012

Issues with stitches "spitting" and wounds not healing. Asked for him to not use same type of stitches on second surgery and he didn't listen. Had same issue with both surgeries. Dr did not reduce breasts as requested... Used his "judgement" to keep them the size they were before surgery. Lift only no reduction...not what I wanted or paid for.

Preoccupied show details Preoccupied
Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Gowda listened attentively to my concerns and addressed them. The receptionist on the other had left me sitting in the lobby for 20mins without as much as a greeting. She wasn't prepared it seemed, just a bit all over. She was very friendly when she did finally greet me but she wasn't focused on her job at hand obviously.

Breast lift and augmentaions show details Breast lift and augmentaions
May 23rd, 2011

As anyone getting plastic surgery, I was nervous and did my homework. I went to three other consultations, before I saw Dr. Gowda. Once I met with him and he told me his opinion of what I needed done. I knew he was the right Dr. for me. I had a breast lift and silicone implants done about two months ago. I couldn't be happier. The scars are very minimal. I was barely in any pain afterwards. I honestly only took pain killers for the first day after surgery. Dr. Gowda did a very good job, I can't saw enough good things about him. His staff is also very helpful and professional.

Don't waste your time show details Don't waste your time
Oct 14th, 2010

October 14, 2010Gowda & Studinger3270 West Big Beaver Rd. #415Troy, MI 48084Dear Dr. Gowda,I was referred to you by my family doctor Paul Haduck MD of Opdyke Family Medical Center for surgery to remove glass and gravel from my left arm as a result of a car accident in June 2009. I took time off from work for an appointment with you on September 2, 2010. I supplied my BCBSM insurance information that day and I supplied the Progressive insurance information and claim number the following week. In fact, I sent three faxes to your office and received a successfully sent confirmation each time; however, Maria stated it was never received. Thus, the two additional faxes, yet still not received. So I physically mailed the information to your office and called to confirm that yes that was indeed received and your office would call me to schedule everything.Weeks passed and no communication came from your office, so I called again requesting an appointment. On Monday, October 11, 2010, I finally got a call from Maria to schedule my surgery in Novi for October 27, 2010, and my paperwork/pre-operative consultation for Thursday, October 14, 2010, at 3:45 p.m. in the Troy office.To my utter shock, one hour before my Oct. 14th appointment, your office called to cancel it because they havent received something in writing from Progressive regarding payment. Please explain to me why after six weeks had passed, your office first attempted to accomplish the insurance verification one hour before my appointment.In six weeks, this couldnt be done? One hour before the appointment Maria chose to cancel it because she had made no attempt to get her job done until the very last second? No consideration to my schedule or the dire need for me to have this surgery done as soon as possible, especially since you felt that three surgeries would be necessary to remove everything embedded in my arm.I cannot put into words how upset, angry and disappointed I am in how Ive been treated by your office staff how inconsequential I am to your business. I will make sure everyone knows of my bad experience and how incredibly insulted I am by your office staffs lack of care and professionalism. And it does not escape me that had this been the other way around, your office would have charged me a cancellation fee for the late notice, but as always, its a one-way street. The same doesnt apply to me.Thank you for wasting my time and money just what I needed.Courtney Protz-Sanders CC: Opdyke Family MedicalMichigan Medical SocietyOakland County Medical SocietyAmerican Board of Plastic SurgerySt. John Providence

Subtlety show details Subtlety
by Citysearch User on May 6th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Gowda has done a couple of procedures for me in the last year and I have confidence in him that he knows what my desired outcomes are th...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Very, truly appreciative and grateful show details Very, truly appreciative and grateful
by Teresa Williams on Nov 16th, 2009

Dr. Gowda has truly made a dramatic change in my life...for the better! He performed a breast augmentation and lift that can only be described as ART and at no cost to me. Yes, that's correct, he DONATED his time and experties to me as a chance to lift my spirits and self esteem as I have been thru alot of trial and tribulations in my life. In this day age generosity as great as Dr. Gowda's is a miracle to come by. He and his wonderful staff were more than gracious to me during my office visits. I had to drag my young daughter and son with me every time and never once was I made to feel as if my children were a nuisance...believe me they can be a bit much at times. They all were very warm and friendly. What Dr. Gowda has done for me simply cannot be expressed in mere words.

by Happy I Chose Mune Gowda on Jun 6th, 2009

Dr. Gowda is simply an artist. He went over and above to achieve the best results for me. I had a tummy tuck and liposuction and you can barley tell that I had any work. Im 40 and I never looked this good in my life. Thank YOU DR GOWDA!!

Most Conscientious Doctor and Surgeon show details Most Conscientious Doctor and Surgeon
Apr 28th, 2008

This man was an artist when he performed my tummy tuck. He spent more time during surgery than any other doctor would have because he is such a perfectionist. His competence in liposuction was also the most effective I have ever had.