Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Best surgeon and the only one I trust show details Best surgeon and the only one I trust
by RLC on May 11th, 2016

Dr. Gowda is amazing. He's caring, compassionate, and professional. He takes his time and truly cares about you. I chose him for my tummy tuck/lipo after consulting with other surgeons. He's the best and the hospital staff at Beaumont all think highly of him and spoke well of him too. Other surgeons might rush through your procedure, but Dr. Gowda takes his time to get it right.

Lipoma renoval show details Lipoma renoval
by Ruth P on May 11th, 2016

A terrible experience with Gowda. Not only did he botch my surgery he would not admit that he had done the job poorly or address the issues. He was non-communicative from the start. I should have trusted my instincts not to use him. Run!

by Amanda on Apr 7th, 2016

Wonderful, compassionate surgeon.

43 years old getting a nose job show details 43 years old getting a nose job
Mar 29th, 2016

I consulted with four different doctors and chose Dr. Gowda. I chose him because he has done many rhinoplasty procedures. He has also corrected many procedures that were done by other doctors. He spent a lot of time examining the inside of my nose and determined how to correct it, not just for beauty reasons, but also so my nose will function properly. His fee is reasonable compared to the other three doctors I consulted with. I can't wait for my new nose!

Sculptra show details Sculptra
by Laurie on Mar 17th, 2016

Dr Gowda is like a sculptor with injectable fillers. He corrected another plastic surgeon's mistake. I am very pleased with the results. He spent a considerable amount of time addressing my concerns and desired outcome. I'm going back this week for injectable lip enhancement. I can't wait!!

BEST Doc in town!!! show details BEST Doc in town!!!
by Phyllis Kilbourn on Feb 22nd, 2016

I can’t say enough about this plastic surgeon. He is all that you want in a plastic surgeon in Novi, Michigan. Excellent bedside manner and spends as much time as YOU want to ask and answer questions etc. He fixed many “wrongs” that I had from another plastic surgeon and did so with grace, manner, and kindness to all. Dr. Gowda is a perfect example of a great plastic surgeon. He has been Doctor of the Year in the Metro Detroit Area for years and America’s Top Surgeons and I now know why.

Feb 20th, 2016

So glad I found Dr. Gowda !! Staff and office are so helpful ! Love my tummy tuck !

Nov 7th, 2015

I had 2 procedures done at Dr. Gowda's office. The first was a neck lift where Dr. Gowda spent as much time as I needed in appointments prior to the actual surgery. The follow up is remarkable. He is a perfectionist and wants to be sure you are happy with your results. I also had Halo Laser done to remove some scarring. It was done at the Troy office by Kelly. She is absolutely wonderful! Kelly spends as much time as needed with you. She was easy to talk to and always made me feel comfortable to ask any questions. It was obvious she knew her job exceptionally well. I have recommended Dr. Gowda and Kelly to many of my friends and family .

Attention to Detail show details Attention to Detail
Oct 13th, 2015

Dr. Gowda does impeccable work and pays very close attention to detail. I would never see anyone but him of any procedures I have in the future.

Would not go anywhere else show details Would not go anywhere else
by Patient on Sep 22nd, 2015

I have had many procedures done by Dr. Gowda. He is the most caring, most precise surgeon in this area. I made the mistake and went to another after a mastectomy and had o have Dr. Gowda ergo. He is a miracle man. There is wait sometimes but I've learned to call ahead and see how it's going.

Aug 20th, 2015

Dr. Gowda has performed a few procedures for me and everyone the results were better than expected. He has the best patient doctor manner than any other doctor I pre-interviewed. And that same professional and humble nature continued with every appointment and procedure. I have recommended him several times and the results were all the same.

Apr 14th, 2015

Dr. Gowda really is the best!!!!!!!

Worst Service I've Ever Experienced show details Worst Service I've Ever Experienced
Mar 13th, 2015

Let me start off by saying I've experienced bad service before, but have never been compelled to write a negative review until my visit today at Dr. Gowda's office. Not only did I have to wait 45 minutes in the waiting room, but when my name was called by the nurse, I then had to wait an additional ten minutes in the room. I then spoke to the nurse who knew I was there for a juvaderm procedure. She was unable to answer the most simple questions such as, how much a syringe of Juvaderm would cost. After she left me waiting again for ten more minutes to figure out the cost, she told me the price of $500 and I accepted - no problem. After that she left again, then came back to let me know that the doctor could not see me today because "it was late" and "he would have to be here for longer than expected." I received an insincere apology, and was asked if I would "Just schedule another appointment". I took half the day off of work to see the doctor and was willing to pay whatever for the procedure, was very easy going and understanding to the entire situation up until that point. The staff is unprofessional and simply do not care about Dr. Gowda's patients or have any consideration for their time. On top of that, I came into the office with the staff knowing that I was referred by my father among MANY other family members. I will make SURE that they never see Dr. Gowda's office again. I will spread the word to many others as well about how terrible this visit was. How this doctor allows his staff to treat patients this way is beyond me. I am surprised that he is still in business. Trust me, you do not want to see a doctor or staff that exhibits behaviors of carelessness and lack of knowledge in their area. If you care at all about your time, you will not bother with making an appointment nor consider Dr. Gowda's office. His work is not even exceptional enough to wait that long, which is even if you are able to get the procedure completed. There is nothing unique or special about his work for the service to be this poor...because I could even understand a patient willing to let a few things slide with the staff if the surgeon was immaculate. Don't bother yourself...you will leave distressed, bothered, and in worse shape than you were entering the building.

Feb 10th, 2015

After he did sugery on my brest there was a dent in the musle

1 hr & 20 min wait time and then asked to reschedule! show details 1 hr & 20 min wait time and then asked to reschedule!
by Bad Experience at Novi on Dec 30th, 2014

Very disappointed with Dr. Gowda and staff. I had a consultation scheduled months in advance. On the day of the appointment, I was asked to come in early to accommodate his schedule. I waited 1 hr and 20 minutes in the office without any update from the receptionist. When I asked the receptionist if she would provide me with an update, she said that all she knows is that Dr. Gowda is running "way behind." She then went on to add that if I can no longer wait that I should reschedule. I walked out and have taken my business elsewhere. Don’t waste your time with Dr. Gowda and staff – they don’t value your time…

Nov 23rd, 2014

Went in for my consultation for a tummy tuck. The initial phone call was great staff was very informative. When i came in for my consult in Novi office did have to wait a little but thats ok. Met with the doctor he explained the procedure to me and examined me he was a little hard to understand but the nurse in the room made sure i understood she was even kind enough to show me her results! I received my quote from another employee who also told me of her experience. I was ready to book my surgery when i was checking out i over heard the dr talking to one of the staff he was very rude to her! If you cant be respectful to your own staff i dont want you doing surgery on me! Shame on you Dr. Gowda you are the reason i went somewhere else for my surgery!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
BEST COSMETIC SURGEON show details BEST COSMETIC SURGEON
by Maria on Mar 27th, 2014

I had my tummy tuck and lipo suction done by Dr. Gowda, he did a great job. I got so many compliments and very very happy with the outcome. He really took his time because he wants everything done right. Dr Gowda treated me well, I remember he even met me and my husband at his office on a Saturday afternoon, when he is not supposed to be working. He opened the clinic just to check my incision and remove the bag. He could have waited Monday, but he truly cares for his patient, he wants to make sure everything is okay with me. What a great guy! I highly recommend him to anybody.

Unfortunate choice. show details Unfortunate choice.
Mar 1st, 2014

My breast augmentation looks terrible. My breasts are misshapen and uneven. I do not feel confident about my body naked, when I was never uncofident prior to surgery. Dr Gowda told me that I was being picky and that this was as good as they were going to look because I had "malformed" breasts originally. I got a second opinion from another highly recognized surgeon who said it was definitely fixable and that there was a certain technique that would have prevented the entire issue. It would cost $10,000 to have the revision surgery, nearly twice what I paid for the actual surgery. Even if Dr Gowda would agree to fix it, I wouldn't trust him to operate on my body again. I am 24 years old and have to live with this poor decision on my belahf and his until I can come up with 10k to fix it.

Jul 1st, 2012

Issues with stitches "spitting" and wounds not healing. Asked for him to not use same type of stitches on second surgery and he didn't listen. Had same issue with both surgeries. Dr did not reduce breasts as requested... Used his "judgement" to keep them the size they were before surgery. Lift only no reduction...not what I wanted or paid for.

Preoccupied show details Preoccupied
Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Gowda listened attentively to my concerns and addressed them. The receptionist on the other had left me sitting in the lobby for 20mins without as much as a greeting. She wasn't prepared it seemed, just a bit all over. She was very friendly when she did finally greet me but she wasn't focused on her job at hand obviously.

Breast lift and augmentaions show details Breast lift and augmentaions
May 23rd, 2011

As anyone getting plastic surgery, I was nervous and did my homework. I went to three other consultations, before I saw Dr. Gowda. Once I met with him and he told me his opinion of what I needed done. I knew he was the right Dr. for me. I had a breast lift and silicone implants done about two months ago. I couldn't be happier. The scars are very minimal. I was barely in any pain afterwards. I honestly only took pain killers for the first day after surgery. Dr. Gowda did a very good job, I can't saw enough good things about him. His staff is also very helpful and professional.

Very, truly appreciative and grateful show details Very, truly appreciative and grateful
by Teresa Williams on Nov 16th, 2009

Dr. Gowda has truly made a dramatic change in my life...for the better! He performed a breast augmentation and lift that can only be described as ART and at no cost to me. Yes, that's correct, he DONATED his time and experties to me as a chance to lift my spirits and self esteem as I have been thru alot of trial and tribulations in my life. In this day age generosity as great as Dr. Gowda's is a miracle to come by. He and his wonderful staff were more than gracious to me during my office visits. I had to drag my young daughter and son with me every time and never once was I made to feel as if my children were a nuisance...believe me they can be a bit much at times. They all were very warm and friendly. What Dr. Gowda has done for me simply cannot be expressed in mere words.

by Happy I Chose Mune Gowda on Jun 6th, 2009

Dr. Gowda is simply an artist. He went over and above to achieve the best results for me. I had a tummy tuck and liposuction and you can barley tell that I had any work. Im 40 and I never looked this good in my life. Thank YOU DR GOWDA!!

Most Conscientious Doctor and Surgeon show details Most Conscientious Doctor and Surgeon
Apr 28th, 2008

This man was an artist when he performed my tummy tuck. He spent more time during surgery than any other doctor would have because he is such a perfectionist. His competence in liposuction was also the most effective I have ever had.