Surgeons
4160 John R St
Ste 930
Detroit, MI 48201
313-831-0777
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

|  saved my dad's life  |  show details
by Marybeth Taylor on Apr 12th, 2011

Dr Guthi operated on my dad for an aneurysm on 4/7/11 and basically saved his life - we are so grateful to have been sent to such a well renowned surgeon. i have heard that he is a top notch in the NATION!

|  An incredible man and doctor!  |  show details
by Carie LaFond on Mar 1st, 2011

If you find yourself in the unfortunate state of needing a neurosurgeon, rest assured you've found the best in Dr. Guthikonda. He is extremely thorough, patient, kind and always takes time to explain things in a way that is calming.

Dec 11th, 2010

Great Neurosurgeon! The Best of the Best!

Mar 22nd, 2010

he is a no nonsense doctor. saw many but dr g had a plan and did wonders. he's not your friendly small town doctor, but he's who you want for serious surgery. the best.

|  GET ANOTHER DR !  |  show details
by Angela on Jan 5th, 2010

My mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor in June of 09. We were referred to Dr Guthikonda...after meeting with him, my mom was told she needed to have surgery, she felt comfortable enough with Dr G to have him perform surgery. During surgery my mom had a stroke..we were never informed that my mom had a stroke until it was obvious to us that something was not right..after phone calls and numerous attempts to meet with the dr he finally told us that my mom "might have had a small stroke" he dodged every question we asked. he never visited my mom in ICU once or followed up on her condition. he never gives a straight answer to a single question. When we demanded that he meet us at her bedside and discuss her condition he finally agreed..we had our whole family there waiting for him and he never showed...after several more attempts we finally got him to come and see HIS PATIENT...what a waste of time...he dodged and avoided every question we asked...he has NO sympathy or compassion at all..and maybe thats not his job but it IS his job to imform us as to what is going on !! I feel tremendous guilt for not having her get a second opinion and a new surgeon. If you ever want to actually talk to your surgeon regarding your condition get a new dr. Our lives have been devestated and he cant give us the courtesy of answering our questions or even checking on my mom..he cut her head open , collected his check and went on his way !

|  FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2009

My mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor in June of 09. We were referred to Dr Guthikonda...after meeting with him, my mom was told she needed to have surgery, she felt comfortable enough with Dr G to have him perform surgery. During surgery my mom had a stroke..we were never informed that my mom had a stroke until it was obvious to us that something was not right..after phone calls and numerous attempts to meet with the dr he finally told us that my mom "might have had a small stroke" he dodged every question we asked. he never visited my mom in ICU or followed up on her condition. he never gives a straight answer to a question. I feel tremendous guilt for not having her get a second opinion and a new surgeon. If you ever want to actually talk to your surgeon regarding your condition get a new dr. Our lives have been devestated and he cant give us the courtesy of answering our questions or even checking on my mom..he cut her head open , collected his check and went on his way !

Sep 16th, 2009

It is so hard to get ahold of him or his staff when you need him. I almost died during my first surgery, he did a great job at saving my life but did not tell my worried waiting family that he was even finished! I am getting a new surgeon for the simple fact of I can not ever get ahold of him.

|  Dr. Guthikonda  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2009

I felt that Dr. Guthikonda was the best neurosurgeon that I have met. Not only does he have a great beside manner, but he treats you like a individual and a person. Not someone who is another brain tumor or whatever to him. He made me feel more than comfortable with him. He also made me feel as if I could trust him and know that I was going to be okay in his hands. He has a lot of compasion for you and he respects how you feel. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.