Gastroenterologists
Video profile
88 Old Route 9W
New Windsor, NY 12553
845-549-1011
Locations and availability (4)

1.5

|  No confidence  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2014

I was sent ther by my primary doctor for a screening colonoscopy exam. After spending less than a minute with me and not laying a hand on me, he told me I needed an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy too. When I asked why, he told me to be sure I didn't have reflux disease. I didn't complain of anything. I won't go back.

|  a joke  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2013

didn't want to listen to my issues, just wanted to schedule me for several procedures which he didin't explain - stay away!

|  horrible  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

seemed indifferent to my issues - didn't listen. won't go back.

|  don't waste your time  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2013

rushed, dismissive and inattentive ... and i waited almost an hour for a two minute, useless visit

Jun 19th, 2013

not there when you need him - called him several times over 3 days and didn't return any calls - his staff kept apologizing for him.

|  calling this man a clown is being polite.  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done by Dr. Perumal. At the follow up he said that there were no problems and everything looked fine. Literally, a year later, his office called me and said that Dr. Perumal wanted me to get another colonoscopy because the last one was no good. How suddenly a year later the results of my test had changed, i have no clue. Clearly, this man doesn't know what he's doing and much like the other reviews, I didn't get the impression this man cared at all about my health or well being.

|  Advocate  |  show details
by S. Carrero on Mar 21st, 2013

I like Dr. Perumal bedside manners and the way he educates me on my condition. He also has a great sense of humor that makes the invasive procedures less stressful. He has been my doctor for more than 10 years.

Aug 26th, 2012

stay away

Jul 10th, 2012

I felt like his mind was somewhere else. He came into exam room rushed, barely spoke with me and told me to schedule an endoscopy and colonoscopy ... No examination. I had come in for a screening test only. Needless to say, I didn't schedule anything.

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I felt like I was in a drive thru doctor visit-same experience with my endoscopy procedure with him. He hurries in and out speaks very fast and seems to be uninterested in my health or care.

Oct 21st, 2011

horrible care- explains nothing, spends no time with you and doesn't return calls; his associates have a better reputation. see them!!!

Aug 18th, 2011

the usual dr i see there was away; his associates are better!staff very nice

Jun 2nd, 2011

doesn't explain a thingdoesn't seem to care ... see one of the other 4 doctors in this practice - they're much better!

Apr 13th, 2011

see one of the other doctors in this otherwise exceptional group

Jan 5th, 2011

abrupt and in a hurryseems uninterested