A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Murat Akdamar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Murat Akdamar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akdamar
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akdamar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Murat Akdamar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Akdamar graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Akdamar has 4 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
- Uab Medical West
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Murat Kemal Akdamar MD is a male Internist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Murat K. Akdamar practice?
- Dr. Murat Akdamar has 3 office locations.
Dr. Murat Akdamar practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Bessemer, AL and Gardendale, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Gastroenterologists.