Dr. Muriel Nathan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Muriel Nathan?

Outdated information, unprofessional confrontational demeanor

Posted on February 3rd, 2017

She did not listen. She spent much of the appt after keeping me waiting an hour or more insulting other doctors and making asinine statements. She was unable to find test results that were easily available. She was very angry, yelling, and frightening to deal with, she asked questions then screamed over me. It was awful and no follow up. I will find a better doctor.

Keep looking for a better doctor

Posted on January 18th, 2017

Very unprofessional, loud, opinionated, unable or unwilling to communicate, angry, unhelpful, caused stress with zero positive aspects of visit. Very disappointing this is what UVMMC formerly Fletcher Allen has to offer.

Posted on May 31st, 2016

Very knowledgeable and up to date on all information in my medical records. She does not rush my appointments and is great about explaining herself in layman terms.

Doesn't Know Parathyroids

Posted on January 20th, 2015

In my opinion, her knowledge of hyperparathyroidism is 20 years out of date. She told me that I had a mental health problem and should see a counselor because my calcium and PTH levels were not "high enough" to explain my symptoms. She became angry when I told her that I would not take an off-label drug to lower my calcium. Not recommended for parathyroid problems.

Posted on December 27th, 2014

I've seen Dr. Nathan twice....once in 2002 and again in 2014. She's definitely a clinical doctor going by only the blood tests results but does not listen to the patient. In order to make a proper diagnosis a doctor must listen to the patient and to determine if their symptoms justifies what they think they might have..

Posted on September 26th, 2014

She didn't hear 50% of what I said, and I felt like I was listening to an ego boost the whole time. I didn't find her helpful, and it felt like she diminished my symptoms, and didn't have the time for me. Smart or not, there is no bedside manner, and I'll be moving on.

Excellent physician

Posted on March 4th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Nathan for over a decade as a result of the removal of a pituitary tumor and later diabetes. I had to travel over four hours for treatment, but I was so satisfied with her care that after I moved I will need to stay overnight in Burlington to remain her patient. I am willing to do that because I have always felt that she gave me the best medical care. She has always taken the time to listen to my concerns. I have recommended her to other people and they have given me positive feedback regarding her care.

A wonderful Doctor and person

Posted on May 8th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Nathan for the last 14 years after being diagnosed with Thyroid cancer and had to have my whole thyroid out. Dr. Nathan has gone about and beyond her job to make sure that I am okay. She has taken the time to understand my concerns and gave me peace anytime I have felt a gland swelled or anything she has gotten me in A.S.A.P and then referred me to where I need to go. She is totally amazing Doctor and I would recommend her to anyone!! She is very busy and the only thing I can add is that sometimes when I am waiting for blood work I have called to ask if its there yet and she gets right back to me with the results.

Posted on April 13th, 2012

she needs to listen to pt make eye contact and Not type on the computer the whole time i was there

Posted on February 8th, 2011

I felt cared for by Dr. Nathan. She takes her time with u. u feel like u have her complete attention. She caught a problem that my previous DR. had missed, and I began to feel better. I felt like a person, not a medical record number.

Best Doctor ever

Posted on January 15th, 2009

Dr. Nathan is goes above and beyond. Very professional, cares, and calls her patients to get things resolved. I would not be living without her. What a wonderful asset she is to the North Country!!!!!

Posted on April 7th, 2017