Dr. Muriel Nathan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 31st, 2016
Very knowledgeable and up to date on all information in my medical records. She does not rush my appointments and is great about explaining herself in layman terms.

January 20th, 2015
Doesn't Know Parathyroids
In my opinion, her knowledge of hyperparathyroidism is 20 years out of date. She told me that I had a mental health problem and should see a counselor because my calcium and PTH levels were not "high enough" to explain my symptoms. She became angry when I told her that I would not take an off-label drug to lower my calcium. Not recommended for parathyroid problems.

December 27th, 2014
I've seen Dr. Nathan twice....once in 2002 and again in 2014. She's definitely a clinical doctor going by only the blood tests results but does not listen to the patient. In order to make a proper diagnosis a doctor must listen to the patient and to determine if their symptoms justifies what they think they might have..

September 26th, 2014
She didn't hear 50% of what I said, and I felt like I was listening to an ego boost the whole time. I didn't find her helpful, and it felt like she diminished my symptoms, and didn't have the time for me. Smart or not, there is no bedside manner, and I'll be moving on.

March 4th, 2014
Excellent physician
I have been a patient of Dr. Nathan for over a decade as a result of the removal of a pituitary tumor and later diabetes. I had to travel over four hours for treatment, but I was so satisfied with her care that after I moved I will need to stay overnight in Burlington to remain her patient. I am willing to do that because I have always felt that she gave me the best medical care. She has always taken the time to listen to my concerns. I have recommended her to other people and they have given me positive feedback regarding her care.

May 8th, 2013
A wonderful Doctor and person
I have seen Dr. Nathan for the last 14 years after being diagnosed with Thyroid cancer and had to have my whole thyroid out. Dr. Nathan has gone about and beyond her job to make sure that I am okay. She has taken the time to understand my concerns and gave me peace anytime I have felt a gland swelled or anything she has gotten me in A.S.A.P and then referred me to where I need to go. She is totally amazing Doctor and I would recommend her to anyone!! She is very busy and the only thing I can add is that sometimes when I am waiting for blood work I have called to ask if its there yet and she gets right back to me with the results.

April 13th, 2012
she needs to listen to pt make eye contact and Not type on the computer the whole time i was there

February 8th, 2011
I felt cared for by Dr. Nathan. She takes her time with u. u feel like u have her complete attention. She caught a problem that my previous DR. had missed, and I began to feel better. I felt like a person, not a medical record number.

January 14th, 2009
Best Doctor ever
Dr. Nathan is goes above and beyond. Very professional, cares, and calls her patients to get things resolved. I would not be living without her. What a wonderful asset she is to the North Country!!!!!