Dr. Murray Cohen DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

December 28th, 2015
Will not go back!!
Got to doc's office at 4 like they requested did not go into a room till 530. Talked to the nurse practitioner who was nice but did not see doctor till almost 645.... I was told by the nurse that my patience was appreciated and the doctor would take that extra time with me. I finally saw Dr Cohen who would not listen to me at all. Even after walking out behind him once I was done I heard the doctor tell his nurse practitioner how he couldn't get me to stop talking and how I didn't need there help anyways (I was frustrated by his lack of explaining thing to me. He would tell me a solution to my problem yet not explain anything). There was still another patient in the waiting room when I left at 7! Never received all of the documents I brought in from previous doctors for them to look over. No office staff was there by the time I left.

October 9th, 2015
Other than knowing when to retire, seems to know his stuff.
I am looking for a gastro for my son and stumbled across Dr. Cohen. I never write reviews, but felt I should after reading other reviews. I saw him several years ago and had a mixed experience. I would agree with the other reviews about the ridiculous wait times and rude reception area. I also agree that the shaking hands can be a bit anxiety provoking. That being said, I found him to be extremely thorough and good at what he does. I may have had to rethink this provider if going under the knife, but for office visits he is good. There were occasions that he was dismissive and appeared confused, but they were in the minority. I will say with zero trepidation that it is absolutely time for this man to retire. He must have been late 70's when I saw him and I felt he should be calling it a day as an active physician. I had another elderly M.D, but he recognized being past his prime and no longer performed invasive procedures. I am shocked that he continues to do so. I hate to say anything negative, as I think he is a nice man but call it a day Dr. Cohen! Enjoy some retirement, you've earned it!

May 1st, 2014
Ancient, RUDE Doctor Who Needs to Retire!
The wait for this doctor is outrageously long, in both his waiting room and in the patient examining room. This doctor is in his eighties. He is the rudest physician that I have ever met. He seemed confused and accused me of LYING about something that I had said, at a previous appointment. When I offered to have someone call him (to prove that Dr. Cohen was confused about what I had previously said), he got angry; refused my offer and started yelling at me. I think that he is senile and may be incompetent. Think twice, before you let him stick his trembling, aging hands deep into your colon.

April 3rd, 2014
What a waste of time
The wait time at the office was terrible.The first time that I met with the Dr, he was not attentive. He is polite 82 year old doctor who needs to retire.I spoke with his office manager to get another doctor within the practice and she said that is not their policy. She made another appt for me to speak to the doctor about my concerns. I had a second visit and it was worse than 1st. He had no idea why I was there. He thought that I was there for follow up.He was not very alert during 2nd visit either. When I brought up my concerns, he got defensive and told me that we have a communication problem. He said that then he should not be the one to do my colonoscopy. He said that I could get another doctor in his practice or find a different practice. His NP had written 2 prescriptions for me. When I checked out, he refused to give me the prescriptions since he was not following up my care. I didn't say that I didn't want to have another doctor from his practice or different practice. He just assumed that I didn't want someone else from his practice. I wish that I had done my homework on this doctor. What a waste of time. I could have found another doctor who have helped me already.

June 10th, 2013
Never been treated so rudely in my life
If I could give this facility a zero, I would. This doctor was okay, but he is 82 years old and his hands shake, which would be fine, but he wanted to put me under and put tubes in my intestines. I expressed my concerns about his shaky hands to a very nice nurse, she said she understood and that I could request another doctor, no problem. When I asked the office staff for my next appointment to be with another doctor, the manager responded that "I probably wouldn't like that doctor either and I should find another GI facility." Really? For not being comfortable with my doctor I get kicked out? I have never been treated so rudely in my entire life. I get the feeling that this place is more about the money and less about the care. There is terrible energy when you walk through the door. I would never recommend that any one ever come to this facility, ever. Run! Run away as fast as you can!

March 9th, 2012
If u have a choice in where u go dont come here. U will eaot forever. People at front desk are rude. Waiting time is horrible. Everyone always seems to be on a lunch break. Dr. Cohen takes to long. Do research first. My appt was at 1230front i got called back at 130front and now its 2bad and still havent seen my dr.

March 27th, 2010
Staff indifferent about patient wait time even when asked why there was a hour after appointment time and not seen. arrived at 3:00 pm left at 5:00 pm without being seen by Dr Cohen.

January 18th, 2010
It's all about $MONEY$
I walked out of that office so confused. He completly contradicted everything I had to say, learned, and no. All in the the name of money. Don't be surprised if he wants to put you under for an unnessesary procedure at St. Josephs Hospital (he owns stock in it)