Dr. Murray Joiner Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Roanoke, VA

3.0

February 2nd, 2017
This doctor is under investigation!
It's just a matter of time before this doctor losses his license. He owns Pain Centers of the Blue Ridge as well. They will all be shut down. I advise all patients to start looking for a new doctor so you are not left high and dry when he is shut down. He is being investigated now and I have it on good authority that he will loose his license in the next few months and that also means all offices will be shut down because his PAs work under his license. Dont wait till it's too late.

August 11th, 2016
Horrible Staff!
Karen Wilson the nurse is one rude person, very un professional, because of her I will NEVER go to his office, she is horrible, avoid if you can!

July 25th, 2016
Actually has room set aside for patients to meet with their attorney

July 5th, 2016
My husband had a facet block and when it was completed no one said anything to us and my husband said "the doctor never spoke to him." This is not right. We waited 3 hours. and were told this was normal.

April 28th, 2016
Wait time is frequently excessive although time spent in examination room is always exceptional. Courteous bedside manner and strives to find appropriate treatment for symptoms.

March 15th, 2016
In the past 14 years Dr. Murray Joiner has help me with my "Back Pain" when no other Doctor could since 1996. God Bless you Dr. Murray Joiner Jr.

August 31st, 2015
Treatment good - office policies TERRIBLE
Making you wait over 2 hours for an appointment.... not charging you one time for a visit but charging you the next, then arguing with you about it... nasty attitude of most of the staff (not Dr. J, but Dr. G !!!).... DO NOT GO THERE.

June 20th, 2015
Dont let the bad reviews scary you away!
After reading many reviews from all over the Internet, I was terrified of going to this appointment. The entire staff was very nice & professional. The wait wasn't too bad. As a new patient, i was expecting to be there awhile, possiblyall day if I listenedtothe reviews. Especially since the waiting room was packed. My appointment was at 9:30. They ran test, took xrays, had a very thorough examination, filled out paperwork. I left at about 11:30. Overall, very pleasant experience.

June 11th, 2015
A very pleasant experience....
After reading many horrible reviews, I was terrified of keeping this appointment. I'm glad I did because it turned out to be the 1st time in several years that my complaints were addressed, I wasn't treated like a criminal or drug addict & a treatment plan was created that involved more than writing a prescription & sending me on my way. The staff was very nice, knowledgeable & professional. There was some waiting, but no more than I expected. However, I always expect to wait for a good qualified doctor. I'm am very pleased with the treatment that was put together for me & cannot wait to begin & get my pain under control once again!

December 30th, 2014
He is such a good doctor, of course the wait time is going to be long.

September 13th, 2014
DR JOINER'S WORKERS COMP FRAUD.
If you're under workers comp know that this Dr with conduct test after test and do nothing for your pain. The workers comp insurance carrier, employers rep and the nurse case manager dictate this Drs practice with delay, delay delay until care is denied. Then they drop you hurting and unable to work from the pain. Good Bedside manner ? Only if you like a smirking song and dance. Give me a real Dr with no personality to treat my pain any day ! Trust me get a lawyer as soon as you here this Dr's name!

August 14th, 2014
$50 a form is highway robbery
My husband is Dr Joiner's patient. As far as his medical treatment I think he is satisfied. The problem I have is the now $50 charge to complete a half page disability form for out of work insurance on a loan. Give me a break. Check a couple of boxes copy the diagnosis codes from the file have the Dr scribble his signature and it is done. $25 a form is enough. The reason you need the forms completed is because you are out of work and can't pay the bill. A pain management Dr is going to have a higher number of patients with the need for disability forms to be completed. $50 for small minimal forms is taking advantage of them and their situation.

Health Guides