Dr. Murray Joiner Jr Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Murray Joiner Jr?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Declining care

Posted on August 15th, 2017

My mother was seen by this physician 20 years ago and felt he was better than the Physiatrist she was seeing in Lynchburg. After 5 years the pain returned and saw him again locally. This time the level of pain management care was unbelievably and disappointedly unsatisfactory. An entire year and a half wasted WITHOUT even one time having a one-on-one discussion with him. No wonder she never felt relief (>1 1.5 yrs). The nurse practitioners were responsible for providing feedback. Only one seemed to get it yet the treatment from Dr. Joiner never changed.

What a relief!

Posted on July 29th, 2017

I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been referred to Dr. Joiner when I was. My back pain had gotten so bad that I was having to miss way too much work. Chronic back pain bites! After my first set of injection's I could feel the difference.

Don't use this doctor unless you have time to waste

Posted on July 20th, 2017

I have waited hours then see doctor for 2 mins. or less

Reasonable Practice

Posted on June 1st, 2017

While I normally like to see the doctor when I pay to see a doctor that isn't the case here. However the PAs and NPs are professional and seem to know their stuff not to mention they continue to keep me on a regimen that helps me get by with my pain management.

This doctor is under investigation!

Posted on February 2nd, 2017

It's just a matter of time before this doctor losses his license. He owns Pain Centers of the Blue Ridge as well. They will all be shut down. I advise all patients to start looking for a new doctor so you are not left high and dry when he is shut down. He is being investigated now and I have it on good authority that he will loose his license in the next few months and that also means all offices will be shut down because his PAs work under his license. Dont wait till it's too late.

Horrible Staff!

Posted on August 11th, 2016

Karen Wilson the nurse is one rude person, very un professional, because of her I will NEVER go to his office, she is horrible, avoid if you can!

Posted on July 25th, 2016

Actually has room set aside for patients to meet with their attorney

Posted on July 5th, 2016

My husband had a facet block and when it was completed no one said anything to us and my husband said "the doctor never spoke to him." This is not right. We waited 3 hours. and were told this was normal .

Posted on April 28th, 2016

Wait time is frequently excessive although time spent in examination room is always exceptional. Courteous bedside manner and strives to find appropriate treatment for symptoms.

Posted on March 15th, 2016

In the past 14 years Dr. Murray Joiner has help me with my "Back Pain" when no other Doctor could since 1996. God Bless you Dr. Murray Joiner Jr.

Treatment good - office policies TERRIBLE

Posted on August 31st, 2015

Making you wait over 2 hours for an appointment.... not charging you one time for a visit but charging you the next, then arguing with you about it... nasty attitude of most of the staff (not Dr. J, but Dr. G !!!).... DO NOT GO THERE.

Dont let the bad reviews scary you away!

Posted on June 20th, 2015

After reading many reviews from all over the Internet, I was terrified of going to this appointment. The entire staff was very nice & professional. The wait wasn't too bad. As a new patient, i was expecting to be there awhile, possiblyall day if I listenedtothe reviews. Especially since the waiting room was packed. My appointment was at 9:30. They ran test, took xrays, had a very thorough examination, filled out paperwork. I left at about 11:30. Overall, very pleasant experience.